gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:32:37 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Mike Interview.  (Read 3736 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2017, 10:46:53 AM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/interviews/mike-love-i-wish-i-could-change-the-impact-drugs-had-on-the-beac/

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 10:53:22 AM »

Yes Mike Love, show us the light

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 11:24:53 AM »

Sos from the King of All Rubber Stamp Interviews. "...but as I learnt...". Really, myKe?  LOL LOL

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
FFS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 12:40:27 PM »

I'll be forever greatful that he decided that his franchise wouldn't play the Trump inauguration. Otherwise this seems like a management approved soft-soap job. Nothing to see that's new here. It's not a criticism, but when stating Carl got out of drugs in the late 60s, was he not aware of the issues in the mid-to-late 70s?

Perfect,  just one more.....
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 06:21:49 PM »

Sometimes I wish Mike HAD gotten into drugs. At least a little. Might have mellowed him a  bit, and made him more open to new ideas musically.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 07:33:51 PM »

Oh goodie!!!  A new 'interview' from that 'love' guy.  I've died and gone to heaven... ... ...yet again.  

And 'he' said...

..."My best subject at school was running:" Must have been terrific at it.  He still runs his yap like a thoroughbred ass.  I went to all the wrong schools.  I didn't know that running was a subject.  Man oh man...am I some kinda dumb or what?

And then he said...

..."I graduated closer to the bottom of my class than the top" No kidding.

Glad, too, to see that the old standbys like "my cousin Brian [Wilson, founder member of the Beach Boys]" and, of course, the age old cornerstone of every one of his 'interviews... "If there was one thing I wish I could change, it would be the impact drugs have had on our group, primarily my cousins Brian, Dennis and Carl."

Nice to see that  "I drank plenty and smoked pot".  But those experiments, I guess, didn't count.  No ... other addictions became a long-time problem for that 'love' guy.  Like what?  In his words..."I’d been a shy guy growing up but when I became the lead singer of a group, it opened up a whole different kind of existence."  Last time I looked...he was still singin' lead with "a group."  How's that "kind of existence" goin' these days?

Feel free to answer here.  Oh...and tell the truth.  Otherwise?

Nothing to see here.  Move along.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 07:38:22 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 07:57:12 PM »

Actually the interview is dated Sept last year, but yeah. Same old same old.

(Why is it I'm starting to correct other posters the last few days? I've become just Another General Dick!  Wink)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 07:59:24 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 02:15:46 AM »

lol funky !

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 11:51:53 AM »

As Mike interviews go, this wasn't bad.

I'm curious to know what books were/are some of his favorites. He always talks about how he loved literature when he was in school.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2017, 12:30:12 PM »

I think that THIS is the complete list...certainly enough to give him the full foundation for his lyrics before the subject matter got too tough and sent him running.  Also easy to see where he got the inspiration to be such an utter, non-stop, ongoing 'Dick'...

Grade 1 — Before We Read, We Look and See, We Work and Play, We Come and Go, Guess Who, Fun with Dick and Jane and Our New Friends
Grade 2 — Friends and Neighbors and More Friends and Neighbors
Grade 3 — Streets and Roads, More Streets and Roads, Roads to Follow, and More Roads to Follow
Grade 4 — Times and Places

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2017, 12:33:01 PM »

hahahahahahaha

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2017, 01:13:15 PM »

I think that THIS is the complete list...certainly enough to give him the full foundation for his lyrics before the subject matter got too tough and sent him running.  Also easy to see where he got the inspiration to be such an utter, non-stop, ongoing 'Dick'...

Grade 1 — Before We Read, We Look and See, We Work and Play, We Come and Go, Guess Who, Fun with Dick and Jane and Our New Friends
Grade 3 — Streets and Roads, More Streets and Roads, Roads to Follow, and More Roads to Follow

Did you always dislike Mike Add Some?  or is it just over the last few years? Just curious....as I think you are now rivaling OSD  Grin Cheesy

Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2017, 01:20:57 PM »

Actually the interview is dated Sept last year, but yeah. Same old same old.

(Why is it I'm starting to correct other posters the last few days? I've become just Another General Dick!  Wink)

Maybe what's interesting is that you can't tell a new interview from an old one...Or should I describe it as NOT interesting.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2017, 01:52:05 PM »

Add some is the man! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2017, 03:43:21 PM »

Did you always dislike Mike Add Some?  or is it just over the last few years? Just curious....as I think you are now rivaling OSD  Grin Cheesy
upload gambar

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2017, 06:13:24 PM »

upload gambar

w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t!  SB, you are the man!! And good to see Lee keeping the brohood fortified.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2017, 09:51:08 PM »

Well in answer to the previous query...I have been as keen a Beach Boys fan as there is for these past 54 years.  From the late spring of 1963 until now...they have been and they remain my all time favourite recording band.  The music is often ethereal.  The variety ever-so-far beyond impressive.  The highs?  Unparalleled.  The lows?  As easily disposed of as those of anyone else who's recorded lesser works.

I am fortunate to have been able to hear them at their best.  I accept that I have also been in attendance at times when they collectively didn't always measure up.  That's OK.  We all have our off days and performances.  Along the way I was fortunate to spend some meaningful time with  a few of the 'boys'.  It was more along the lines of typical for them.  It was special and meaningful for me.  I am invested in that which they have been able to achieve artistically.  I appreciate and enjoy it and I believe that what they've given us collectively has enriched my life.  I am grateful for it and I chose to continue to support the collective efforts when they have been done without blatantly apparent malice.

I have also been on hand when that malice was thick and palpable.  I've seen some of their collective good days.  I've also seen some bad ones.  OK...So they're dysfunctional.  Not unique.  Not unusual.  NOT a deal breaker.  But there is a point which travels beyond those truths and realities.

There's that 'love' guy.  This guy has worked long and hard to make, or should I say remake,  the Beach Boys in HIS warped image for decades.  He has the concept safely cocooned in a time warp and he travels the world under the banner he had  but a hand in creating.  His negativity along the long and arduous path has been well documented.  He's been pissing people off...including his own band mates and family since the second half of the 60s.  Many, including myself, have tended to look the other way and write it off knowing full well that time heals all wounds.  Tick off that talk.  It doesn't.

Forgive and forget.  The collective goodness outshines the infighting and discontent.  Not when it's incessant though.  Not when it's relentless.  Not when you feel it to the quick...and then have it confirmed by the 'man' himself...that he does what he does for his "own nourishment and revenge".  That sick s.o.b. has been shitting all over the Wilson concepts and directional leadership since he personally lost sight of the group's doo-wop roots.  Once the atlas and street map became passe in terms of writing lyrics...once Dick and Jane ceased to be an acceptable sample of real life and the experiences which might influence art...that self-proclaimed and obviously poor student was cast adrift...the victim of his own self-inflicted boundaries.

He has fought for control of the entity since the New Vaudeville Band fooled the Grammy people and since Capital Records fooled the artistic side of his industry...not to mention his own band and family.  Even while touring the world and playing well over 100-150 shows a year he badmouths that which millions of people have loved and adored for over 1/2 a century without regard or remorse.  It's, sadly, a constant.  'It' remains almost entirely about him...and oh-so graciously, HIS COUSIN Brian.  Others get the big swipe...hidden with the occasional compliment or tip of the ever-present hat.

Every time he decides that he needs to piss on it all just-a one more time.... .... ....well I just feel like pissing it right back at him.  "Nourishment and revenge" my arse.  The guy is as sick as they come.  After all that success...WHICH WE COLLECTIVELY SUPPORTED AND FUNDED long time fans deserve WAY more than constantly hearing from some miserable old piece of used talent dumping  not just on the music/sound they love but also on most of the people who made it happen.  That he does it over and over ad infinitum like some broken, bargain bin b-grade record produced on recycled vinyl finally just wears TOO thin.

He's done his level best to just out and out spoil it.  He's likely too freakin' stupid to know that he can't accomplish that goal.  But either way...he's just gonna keep on comin' with 'it' anyway.  DAMN the torpedoes.   I used to let it roll...at least for the most part.  I still played his songs on the radio.  Figured that someday he'd mellow.  Was I ever naive!!!  Now?  It's been way too much...WAY too often.  I've had it.  HE'S done.  I will not ever play a Mike Love lead vocal on the radio again.  He doesn't deserve the recognition.  I would be aiding and abetting a moron.  And as a lead singer...he's never been one of the top 4 in THAT band.

For all the good that TM lie has done him...he might as well find his old pal and go chase some butterflies.   The world would be a better place.

Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2017, 11:46:54 PM »

Very disapointing interview. Absolutely no mention of helping Paul McCartney write Back In The USSR.
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2017, 12:53:36 AM »

Very disapointing interview. Absolutely no mention of helping Paul McCartney write Back In The USSR.

LOL
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx