gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:51:11 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love in new Charles Manson Doc  (Read 5676 times)
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2017, 03:02:23 PM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/watch-mike-love-recall-disturbing-brush-with-charles-manson-w470606

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 03:15:29 PM »

"The door opened, and Charlie Manson stood there and looked up at me and said, 'You can't leave the group,'" he says.

Why do I feel like this must have been a bit like Brian might have felt when Mike told him he couldn't write songs anymore for Redwood.

Sorry, it just occurred to me as soon as I read that quote. Anyway, back on topic - this trailer looks super gross and exploitative. That said, even Sharon's sister Debra - who I know is super protective of her late sister - took part in it.  It's pretty lame that all the native 4x3 Manson interview footage is stretched to 16x9, but that will surely be one of the least cringeworthy aspects of this.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 10:16:39 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 03:26:36 PM »

"The door opened, and Charlie Manson stood there and looked up at me and said, 'You can't leave the group,'" he says.

Why do I feel like this must have been a bit like Brian might have felt when Mike told him he couldn't write songs anymore for Redwood.

THOU. SHALT. NOT. F***. WITH. MUH. FORMULA.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 03:31:12 PM by Ziggy Stardust » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 03:41:57 PM »

Mike's face when BW has VDP piano side in the studio! Evil

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 03:48:24 PM »

While I think it's questionable that Mike continue to be involved in Manson-related media content, I'm nevertheless always glad for members of the band to give historical recollections for the record, in the event that new tidbits of info come to surface. Although I'm not too sure if there's gonna be much of any new info from Mike. But of course, from the producers' point of view, they're surely glad to have a living person with firsthand stories to tell.

Considering how deeply negatively the Manson connection impacted Denny, that's where I think it's tacky for his blood relative to talk about it on a show like this, which feels very tabloidy. I dunno. Maybe it's just me.

What I wonder is if there's gonna be any remote mention of Manson recording at Brian's studio. And aren't there stories that Manson might have allegedly had some material produced by Brian? This, to me, despite the fact that I could totally understand why it would be pushed underground and never, ever talked about by Brian, is far and away the most interesting (yet obviously creepy and painful) topic related to the band and Manson which has never really been publicly discussed. I am surprised that Mike doesn't talk about it; I'm not sure if even Mike thinks that's "off limits" as a point of discussion, or if he may actually not know anything whatsoever about these sessions.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 10:19:14 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 04:55:24 PM »

What is up with Mike's face?

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 05:27:02 PM »

THOU. SHALT. NOT. F***. WITH. MUH. FORMULA.

This has to go immediately on the weirdest pictures thread. Is this the look that record execs got when myKe got the news that SIP tanked, or maybe when he realized the "room" with Brian was booked with someone else?  Cheesy

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 05:29:55 PM »

Or watching the BW band....

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 05:33:35 PM »

Or watching the BW band....

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL  Or watching Love and Mercy for the first time.  Evil

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 06:33:35 PM »

...or hearing Brian has yet another solo album deal!

...or hearing this!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/living/681246/arbroath-karaoke-dog-beach-boys/
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 06:38:18 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 07:39:18 PM »

Disregard...wrong thread
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 09:16:55 PM by ♩♬☮ Temporary User Name ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2017, 05:33:12 AM »

...or hearing Brian has yet another solo album deal!

...or hearing this!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/living/681246/arbroath-karaoke-dog-beach-boys/
Pet Sounds! 3D

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 12:31:00 PM »

I know this is a difficult topic to tread, and I should be clear that appearance is not an issue that is of any actual import, but I recall hearing over more recent years accusations that Mike has had some face work done (face lift, plastic surgery, whatever you want to call it), and that weird picture above more than most any pics I've seen of him does make me wonder if it is the case.

I can't remember, did the Rolling Stone interviewer last year ask Mike about that? I have a vague recollection someone asked Mike about it in some interview in recent years, but I can't remember.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2017, 05:04:16 AM »

I know this is a difficult topic to tread, and I should be clear that appearance is not an issue that is of any actual import, but I recall hearing over more recent years accusations that Mike has had some face work done (face lift, plastic surgery, whatever you want to call it), and that weird picture above more than most any pics I've seen of him does make me wonder if it is the case.

I can't remember, did the Rolling Stone interviewer last year ask Mike about that? I have a vague recollection someone asked Mike about it in some interview in recent years, but I can't remember.

It's quite possible that Mike had work done on his face (Brian did, in the 80s), but I think that photo is just make making a face. I don't think that's his permanent expression these days.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2017, 06:53:06 AM »

It's quite possible that Mike had work done on his face (Brian did, in the 80s), but I think that photo is just make making a face. I don't think that's his permanent expression these days.

LOL LOL

For sure, I know that's not his normal face. But the face just happens to highlight the oddly smooth nature of his face. I've met some people Mike's age who have aged very well, but they still have some wrinkles and whatnot (fudge, I had wrinkles and grey hair in my 20s!).

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
MikestheGreatest!!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2017, 02:33:04 PM »

TM is known to mentally handicapped person aging and as he seems to practice it regularly, that might help to explain lack of wrinkle, etc.  Though in that 'bug-eyed" photo, he has his wyes wide open which minimizes the appearance of crow's feet.  I'm a similar age and don't have many wrinkles....just stay out of the sun, drink a lot of water, watch your diet and so forth.  I think Mike looks pretty good for his age, but not outstandingly so.  Brian, on the other hand does not look well....just has not taken care of himself, unfortunately.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2017, 02:44:01 PM »

Hi Mike Love... Roll Eyes

Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2017, 02:53:16 PM »

TM is known to mentally handicapped person aging and as he seems to practice it regularly, that might help to explain lack of wrinkle, etc.  Though in that 'bug-eyed" photo, he has his wyes wide open which minimizes the appearance of crow's feet.  I'm a similar age and don't have many wrinkles....just stay out of the sun, drink a lot of water, watch your diet and so forth.  I think Mike looks pretty good for his age, but not outstandingly so.  Brian, on the other hand does not look well....just has not taken care of himself, unfortunately.

Not sure if Brian cares, he ain't a diva wearing jewelry to prove himself you know what i mean, he just writes songs so that the diva can get his pay to get  jewelries
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 02:54:24 PM by Ziggy Stardust » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2017, 03:23:13 PM »

w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t!

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2017, 06:21:08 PM »

myKe luHv was born not only looking goofy, but years older than he really was. I remember seeing him on stage looking ancient compared to the rest of the real Beach Boys. Mr. "nip & tuck", in his vain attempt to look younger has tightened his skin to the level of Joan Rivers or Za Za Gabor and will soon not me able to move his mouth, eyes or eyebrows. Ever wonder why he has "beady" eyes? That's what extreme vanity and ego will do for you.  Roll Eyes

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2017, 09:03:20 AM »

Another clip. Seems the Helter Skelter murders were Dennis' fault.

On tv tonight.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/premieres/watch-charles-manson-discuss-beach-boys-song-theft-w472580
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 02:16:30 PM by OregonRiverRider » Logged

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
MikestheGreatest!!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2017, 09:13:01 AM »

myKe luHv was born not only looking goofy, but years older than he really was. I remember seeing him on stage looking ancient compared to the rest of the real Beach Boys. Mr. "nip & tuck", in his vain attempt to look younger has tightened his skin to the level of Joan Rivers or Za Za Gabor and will soon not me able to move his mouth, eyes or eyebrows. Ever wonder why he has "beady" eyes? That's what extreme vanity and ego will do for you.  Roll Eyes
[/quote]

OSD is guilty of "looks-ism".  Very classy and enlightened too!  Do you also hate based on race, gender, sexuality, etc, ??
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2017, 09:14:45 AM »

Hi Mike... Roll Eyes

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2017, 02:17:12 PM »

Another clip. Seems the Helter Skeltet was Dennis' fault.

On tv tonight.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/premieres/watch-charles-manson-discuss-beach-boys-song-theft-w472580
What a dick, waits until everyone passes away and throws shade without question from people of the era. Sounds like his BBs history rewrite.

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2017, 02:51:01 PM »

myKe luHv was born not only looking goofy, but years older than he really was. I remember seeing him on stage looking ancient compared to the rest of the real Beach Boys. Mr. "nip & tuck", in his vain attempt to look younger has tightened his skin to the level of Joan Rivers or Za Za Gabor and will soon not me able to move his mouth, eyes or eyebrows. Ever wonder why he has "beady" eyes? That's what extreme vanity and ego will do for you.  Roll Eyes

OSD is guilty of "looks-ism".  Very classy and enlightened too!  Do you also hate based on race, gender, sexuality, etc, ??
[/quote]

No, not at all. But I do hate most assholes. Feel free to read between the words I typed, MTG.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 03:06:42 PM by The LEGENDARY OSD » Logged

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx