gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680739 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 03:05:48 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RIP Bill Paxton  (Read 5244 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« on: February 27, 2017, 11:29:08 AM »

Passed away yesterday at 61.  Game over man game over Sad

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
KDS
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 08:14:37 AM »

Bill Paxton was in so many movies.

But, I think my favorite role of his was as Coconut Pete in Broken Lizard's Club Dread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPn33kAtdLU
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 08:50:00 AM »

I liked the film "Vertical Limit" (2000). He played the villain against good character Chris O'Donnell. It's interesting to see actors trying out "bad guy". Paxton was natural as villain.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Scaroline No
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 08:57:28 AM »

I liked the film "Vertical Limit" (2000). He played the villain against good character Chris O'Donnell. It's interesting to see actors trying out "bad guy". Paxton was natural as villain.

You just reminded me of this movie. It was really, really good.

I feel like Bill Paxton was one of those actors who was in so many movies but sort of went under my radar as someone I didn't really notice somehow. That's a shame. I'm going to have to rewatch his films and really pay attention to him. RIP, Mr. Paxton.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 12:30:09 PM »

I only know Paxton, with hindsight, from Titanic and, even less clearly, as one of the young thugs in The Terminator.

Sixty-one is too darn young... :=(

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
bluesno1fann
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 12:49:39 PM »

I was just talking about Paxton's role in Weird Science the day before he died.... terrible shame. R.I.P.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 04:47:51 AM »

I only know Paxton, with hindsight, from Titanic and, even less clearly, as one of the young thugs in The Terminator.

Sixty-one is too darn young... :=(

Check out the movie Apollo 13 sometime. I'm kind of a space nerd though, but I think that movie is Ron Howard's best film regardless of my bias on the subject. Paxton plays a fellow astronaut and he gives a pretty damn good performance. One of my favorite things about that movie is that they used actual weightlessness when they filmed many of the space scenes by using a C-130 doing parabolas. I can't imagine being an actor trying to do takes in a plane that is nose diving towards the ground.

Twister is a guilty pleasure of mine, I'll always dig his performance with the late Phillip Seymour Hoffman in that.

I feel like he was a really under-utilized actor but I'm glad there are still a plethora of movies he was in during his time. He will definitely be missed.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SurfRapGrungeFiend
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 11:03:35 AM »

R.I.P, apollo 13 was great ^^
 i just watched an old howard stern channel 9 show episode with judd nelson and bill paxton, howard kept crackin on bill

Surf music, Old school rap and The Seattle Sound

DJ Paul- Hi, I'm Chucky

Danny Greene and the Celtic Club

"I have no axe to grind, but if these maggots in this so-called Mafia want to come after me, I'm over here by the Celtic Club. I'm not hard to find'
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx