gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680719 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 05:25:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lonely Days Chords  (Read 6441 times)
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2017, 05:22:29 AM »

Great work JK. Do you make your own music also?

Thank you kindly. :=)

In a word, no. I have composed odd things (with emphasis on the word odd) but I'm more suited to playing the music of others. That said, I've just left my most recent band and am pondering my next move. Which may turn out to be just doing one-off things like this.

I just love your username!

Odd sounds good  Smiley  Yeah, I found the username in a football article recently. Just thought it was ridiculously silly and appealed to my sense of humour.

I just found another ridiculous one that might make a great username for someone: John Dog's Bollocks Burke. LOL

Source: http://hashnyc.com/2008/04/01/ancient-nych3-writeups/

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2017, 05:49:21 AM »

Listening to the longer version on 1967: ST with the instrumental track exposed, it's clear that there are two keyboards at work. That said, my attempt at a transcription done in February is as close as makes a difference. Though you might choose to make the following modifications:

In bar 10 you could best repeat that G ♭ chord on the fourth beat instead of the tremolando effect. In bar 11 you can hear quaver triplets alternating the B♭ and G at the top of the chord----that might mean simplifying the bass. There are other minor differences but I leave that to you, the player. Don't take my word for all this----please listen for yourself.    

In bar 4, that 's an E♭in the right hand (not a D♭)
In bar 5, the first note in the bass is a D♭ (not an E♭)
The wavy lines in the second system denote a tremolo-like alternation between the notes of those chords (a typically pianistic device)
In the fourth system, that's an A♭ on the second beat in the right hand (not a G♭)

You may want to play the bass an octave lower, as in the video, for greater effect.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 07:37:22 AM by JK » Logged

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Seagull Merlin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2017, 07:14:25 PM »

thanks for the update on this transcription JK!!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx