gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:06:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anna Lee Smiley Smile Makes Friends Thread  (Read 2701 times)
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: February 11, 2017, 03:29:49 PM »

I have transcribed a bunch of sheet music in the past few days, and I believed I have mapped out all the parts for ALtH.  I made the sheet music for integrity, so it can be adapted however we wish.

I also attached Hawaii, in case anyone wants to use it for reference.  Both were made from scratch, so there may be some inaccuracies, but I really hope they are close to perfect.

I also created this thread to plan out how we would want to produce Anna Lee for a group project that has been floating around called "Smiley Smile Makes Friends."  So I'll put posts purely related to this cover here.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Anna Lee Attatchment has been replaced with a new one.  I noticed some mistakes in the harmonies.  They are DECEPTIVELY HARD.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 08:31:14 PM by ForHerCryingSoul » Logged
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 04:08:26 PM »

For some reason this topic always defaults its subject to a backslash, and I am not sure why...  I will keep trying to change it back as it goes on.

So as for the adaption for this tune, I am going to need a lead singer willing to sing Mike's verses and bottom voice, since I cannot.  I think I'll keep the key it is in, as well as some of the piano part, but I will try to elaborate on the piece a little more, and add some stuff to it.  Ideas I have floating around so far is I could take it a sort of gospel-like route, because it reminds me of He Came Down.  I could take it a sort of SMiLE route by adding some sort of instrumental at the beginning or some spoken word dialogue to it.  I could do both of those, or I could make it even more minimal (since this track is already so deep) and go a Smiley Smile-like route.

Thoughts?  What does everyone prefer?
Sjöman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 01:53:39 AM »

For some reason this topic always defaults its subject to a backslash, and I am not sure why...  I will keep trying to change it back as it goes on.

There's an old bug in the forum software which makes double quotemarks (regular "typewriter" or "ASCII" double quotes) in subject titles cause the rest of the subject line to be replaced with a backslash. So until that is fixed you shouldn't use them; use something else instead. Choices include 'single quotes' (apostrophes), or curly “typographic” quotes, or two consecutive single quotemarks (''to emulate a double one''). I would recommend single quotes for simplicity, since they are easy to type.

Wishing prolific thread starters would learn this ...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 03:24:09 AM by Sjöman » Logged
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 12:58:48 PM »

For some reason this topic always defaults its subject to a backslash, and I am not sure why...  I will keep trying to change it back as it goes on.

There's an old bug in the forum software which makes double quotemarks (regular "typewriter" or "ASCII" double quotes) in subject titles cause the rest of the subject line to be replaced with a backslash. So until that is fixed you shouldn't use them; use something else instead. Choices include 'single quotes' (apostrophes), or curly “typographic” quotes, or two consecutive single quotemarks (''to emulate a double one''). I would recommend single quotes for simplicity, since they are easy to type.

Wishing prolific thread starters would learn this ...
Thanks for the heads up.
Seagull Merlin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 01:53:24 PM »

I can lend a hand instrumentally but I don't think I could pull off mikes vocal haha
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 01:57:23 PM »

Ideas I have floating around so far is I could take it a sort of gospel-like route

I really like this idea. Hand clapping, cathedral organ in the background with a nice piano rhythm. Toward the end you could end it with an 'Our Prayer' like a cappella fading the song out.

Pardon for not replying sooner; I did download the sheet music but I have to confess that I do not read music at all. Something we did in the past was the person assembling the track would record each individual vocal harmony and send people their specific parts. It's kind of a bummer way to do it, but the end product is always worth it.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Seagull Merlin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 02:02:22 PM »

I'd be able to help if it was done that way, as I can't read music either but if my part is laid out for me I can match 9 times out of 10 vocally
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 08:30:46 PM »

To all replies:

I can do all the harmonies and voices by the end of the week.  I mapped everything out in sheet music just in case.  The sheet music is also more for me to follow along to.  I think you'll like the idea I'm taking this.  You'll see!  :D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 08:31:40 PM by ForHerCryingSoul » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx