gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:30:08 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smiley Smilers Make "Friends"  (Read 17172 times)
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2017, 08:40:00 PM »

Here is a question about Meant for You:

Should we do the whole thing?  If we do, we can always fade the song out early and have a sort of reprise at the end of TM?

Wake the World Structure:

Should we follow the original structure or the '69 London version?

Good work so far.  I'll post some stuff later this week and this weekend.
Adult Child
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2017, 09:38:49 PM »

Here is a question about Meant for You:

Should we do the whole thing?  If we do, we can always fade the song out early and have a sort of reprise at the end of TM?

I can definitely do that and send it to whoever wants to do vocals or anything else on that.

"In my opinion it makes Pet Sounds stink - that's how good it is!" - Dennis Wilson

"Our records were really very good. We're very talented and we know how to do what we do." - Carl Wilson

"The thing is, I'm just pooping along. Some people buzz along. I poop along. I just can't help it; that's the way I am. I'm just a pooper." - Brian Wilson
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2017, 11:51:08 PM »

I'll happily contribute if I'm welcome  Smiley

Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2017, 11:55:58 PM »

Could I possibly be a part of this? If anyone needs any extra vocal bits? I could try making a backing track for whatever's leftover... can't promise anything would be great but it'd be fun!

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2017, 12:07:46 AM »

I have an acoustic guitar, a rhythm box and a Moog synthesizer. I could get my hands on a trumpet, mandolin or ukulele if needed.

Seagull Merlin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2017, 08:57:50 AM »

Everyone is welcome! And Woodstock from the instruments you described it sounds like you could do a cool version of "passing by" but that's just my brain working haha  Afro
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2017, 09:02:02 AM »

"mooging by" Afro

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Adult Child
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2017, 08:43:09 PM »

I love this. It'd be great to add things (I imagine an organ), but it's kinda perfect just like this.

"In my opinion it makes Pet Sounds stink - that's how good it is!" - Dennis Wilson

"Our records were really very good. We're very talented and we know how to do what we do." - Carl Wilson

"The thing is, I'm just pooping along. Some people buzz along. I poop along. I just can't help it; that's the way I am. I'm just a pooper." - Brian Wilson
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2017, 08:56:25 PM »

You should get Zach/ "zatch" to play & sing in some tracks. He was in previous Smiley Smile e-collabs.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Adult Child
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2017, 09:03:09 PM »

I love this. It'd be great to add things (I imagine an organ), but it's kinda perfect just like this.

I don't know how much I loved this came across when I added the 'I love this' in with the rest of the sentence.

I love this.

It's phucking great.

If all the versions are as interesting and have the kinda character this one does (in my factual opinion), I think the album will be something really memorable.

Adult Child
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2017, 11:04:56 PM »

« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 11:16:59 PM by Adult Child » Logged

Seagull Merlin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2017, 08:31:46 AM »

This was wonderful, I see tons of potential. I'm so impressed by everything I've heard so far!!!!
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2017, 04:00:59 PM »

Glad you guys like it! I'd be up for doing one more track if people want to do vocals on a certain song but want me to do a track

Adult Child
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2017, 12:21:04 AM »

Hey, I was gonna do the 'Transcendental Meditation' track but I can't come up with something that I like so that songs free for anyone now I guess.

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2017, 09:55:19 AM »

I loved what you had so far, to be honest. I hope you reconsider!

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2017, 12:54:39 PM »

I'm going to be throwing my own contribution into the hat soon...haven't had a lot of free time lately

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Adult Child
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2017, 08:07:49 PM »

I loved what you had so far, to be honest. I hope you reconsider!

I did reconsider and I am gonna try again. Thank you for those kind words, Father.

So if anyone does their own version of it now, I'll sue them.

No, but really, if anyone wants to try it of course they can and if you wanna add to the version I'm trying lemmy know!

zachrwolfe
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2017, 07:31:14 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:23:59 PM by zatch » Logged
Seagull Merlin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2017, 07:43:35 PM »

I messaged you about it Zatch! How is everyone doing on their things?
Adult Child
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2017, 06:29:21 PM »

Working on the instrumental to 'TM' right now, I'll post on here when that's done so whoever wants to help with vocals can do that

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2017, 04:08:51 AM »

I've mostly been in a self-inflicted Beach Boys message board exile for the last few months, so I missed this thread before. As always, if anyone wants my voice or instruments on anything just give me a shout. Nice to see some new names! Smiley

On another note, should it be it be of any interest, I happen to have an unfinished note-for-note cover of the title track of this album from a couple months-er, YEARS ago apparently (holy crap). It even has egon spengler on lead and My Brother Woody on backing vocals. It just needs some high backing vocals and some harmonica and we can finish it up. PM if interested.

Can't help with this but I'd love to hear the finished product when it's done. And great to see you around again, Zach.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Seagull Merlin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2017, 10:13:35 AM »

Hey guys haven't touched on this in awhile, how is everyone doing?
ryan9699
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2017, 02:01:47 PM »

I am willing to provide any percussion, Love bass vocals or Brian falsetto. Let me know how I can help!

Ryan

I still believe that something is right only when it feels right. - Brian Wilson
BBs Footage Saga
Smiley Smile Associate

FOOTAGE!!!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2017, 06:47:13 AM »

I Want to be involved, what can I do?
Seagull Merlin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2017, 06:22:09 PM »

I Want to be involved, what can I do?

if you see a song on the album hasn't been claimed yet you're welcome to it, or if you have something to offer in way of vocals, instrumentation etc etc let everyone know  Cheesy happy to see your interest!!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx