gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 05:56:28 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dennis Wilson Cover by Me!  (Read 2040 times)
Seagull Merlin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2017, 11:02:45 PM »

I'm in the process recording an album and included Dennis' Fallin' In Love/Lady. I recognize that I don't have the strongest voice haha but I'd love to hear what you all think!

https://baileyrobb.bandcamp.com/track/fallin-in-love
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 07:14:49 AM »

Not gonna lie there were a couple parts where the voice went off pitch a bit, but who cares?? 99% of the rest of the time your voice is tremendous and in parts almost identical to Dennis' actual vocal for this song - and I really mean that.

The arrangement is perfect; simplistic yet it sounds full (I think because of the cello). And the real cello is a huge bonus. In my own music I'm basically forced to use MIDI instruments and they sound wretched compared to the real thing. This sounds organic and real.

How long have you been singing? Is your album full of originals and will the arrangements on it be similar to this?

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Seagull Merlin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 07:43:29 AM »

Hey thanks for the feedback! I've been singing for like a year probably it took me a long time to get comfortable enough to do it. The album is all originals except this song and it is all acoustic based but pretty stripped down instrumentation. Yes the real cello is an absolute bonus I'm lucky enough to have met someone that plays it. One other song on the album will have cello as well
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 09:03:39 AM »

Hey thanks for the feedback! I've been singing for like a year probably it took me a long time to get comfortable enough to do it. The album is all originals except this song and it is all acoustic based but pretty stripped down instrumentation. Yes the real cello is an absolute bonus I'm lucky enough to have met someone that plays it. One other song on the album will have cello as well

Only a year? Impressive. You've got a great voice and it will only improve as you keep doing it. As for the rest of the album, I'm really looking forward to hearing it! When are you thinking about releasing it?

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Seagull Merlin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 10:17:12 AM »

I'll be releasing it either the end of this week or the end of next, waiting on some overdubs to be completed so I can do a final mix. I'll post it here when I'm finished!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx