gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 07:46:07 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian's currently in the studio...  (Read 14886 times)
coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2017, 04:19:38 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/officialbrianwilson/photos/a.452661542240.241240.34250497240/10154982901447241/?type=3

Working on the fabled rock 'n roll album perhaps?

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 04:27:34 PM »

He's already doing vocals......could mean that the backing track is already completed for a track. This is fantastic news and thank you so much for posting it!

If he is recording a rock n roll album, I hope we'll get to hear some snippets soon!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Senator Blutarsky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 04:50:20 PM »

This made my day.
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 05:02:38 PM »

A source that I trust implicitly but that I can not name, has told me what the song is.  This source has never been wrong before.  The song is a new duet for a new album.  The song in question is written and sung by Brian and Andrew G. Doe called "Shitweasels and Fuckwits."
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 05:13:50 PM »

A source that I trust implicitly but that I can not name, has told me what the song is.  This source has never been wrong before.  The song is a new duet for a new album.  The song in question is written and sung by Brian and Andrew G. Doe called "Shitweasels and Fuckwits."

According to Someone Who Would Know, that was pretty damn funny LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 10:37:20 PM »

he is recording vocals for a Pet Sounds dvd to be released when he's 96 I'm told...
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 11:53:45 PM »

he is recording vocals for a Pet Sounds dvd to be released when he's 96 I'm told...
Well, we've had Pet Sounds Sessions, Pet Sounds Live, so might as well have a companion Pet Sounds studio re-recording. I don't think we'll have to wait 20 years for it,  though, because they will also want to release Pet Sounds - the Duets, where Brian sings the songs with current pop stars. I can't wait to hear Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus and Ariana Grande bless us with their versions of those classic songs. And of course the capper on this all will be Mike Love Reimagines Pet Sounds, featuring his new versions of Wouldn't it Be Nice (no, it wouldn't), Hang Onto Your Eggo, Dog Only Knows, and Caroline, Yes.
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 01:12:35 AM »

Hey now, Miley covering Dolly Parton was kinda nice!

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 01:48:09 AM »

Glad to see he's working on some things . Whatever it is, I bet it's pretty ace! 

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 03:08:20 AM »

Well, we've had Pet Sounds Sessions, Pet Sounds Live, so might as well have a companion Pet Sounds studio re-recording. I don't think we'll have to wait 20 years for it,  though, because they will also want to release Pet Sounds - the Duets, where Brian sings the songs with current pop stars. I can't wait to hear Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus and Ariana Grande bless us with their versions of those classic songs. And of course the capper on this all will be Mike Love Reimagines Pet Sounds, featuring his new versions of Wouldn't it Be Nice (no, it wouldn't), Hang Onto Your Eggo, Dog Only Knows, and Caroline, Yes.

Pet Sounds Duets - that is such a scary thought and so possible...
I hope that never happens.
They have milked this PS thing to death now, even with ongoing and the extra concerts added.
I didn't see the need for the new box, and still have not bought it, and I buy them all, but
I'm just about Pet Sounds out of the multiple formats and releases.
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 03:09:57 AM »

That 'like' button is long overdue, mods  LOL

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 03:25:39 AM »

Agreed, OSD can do the backing vocals! Cheesy

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2017, 04:32:51 AM »

No news coud excite me more than Brian in the Studio Again.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 04:33:24 AM by thorgil » Logged

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2017, 04:34:57 AM »

No news could excite me more than Brian in the Studio Again.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 04:36:43 AM by thorgil » Logged

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 04:36:27 AM »

That 'like' button is long overdue, mods  LOL
You forgot Trolls! LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2017, 04:52:54 AM »

I can see who wrote the lyrics. Who the song is about is left to us to guess....

I agree about the 'Like' button. I really enjoyed this one.
maggie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2017, 05:32:59 AM »

Well, we've had Pet Sounds Sessions, Pet Sounds Live, so might as well have a companion Pet Sounds studio re-recording. I don't think we'll have to wait 20 years for it,  though, because they will also want to release Pet Sounds - the Duets, where Brian sings the songs with current pop stars. I can't wait to hear Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus and Ariana Grande bless us with their versions of those classic songs.

As another poster said, this sounds almost plausible, but one thing that reassures me is that No Pier Pressure was already practically a duets album in its way.

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2017, 06:05:29 AM »

Keep in mind this could be something more like post-production work on a live DVD or something (which in and of itself would be exciting; a Blu-ray from the PS tour would be nice), or a one-off track for some project.

While he could be starting (or continuing) work on another album, I would guess looking at his tour schedule that we wouldn't get something until nearer the end of the year at the earliest.

I'm gonna go with: Brian is clearly recording a cover version of Mike's audiobook reading of "Good Vibrations: My Life as a Beach Boy."

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2017, 06:19:12 AM »

Three guesses who I sound like when I sing and hold my nose.  Cheesy

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2017, 07:42:48 AM »

Keep in mind this could be something more like post-production work on a live DVD or something (which in and of itself would be exciting; a Blu-ray from the PS tour would be nice), or a one-off track for some project.

While he could be starting (or continuing) work on another album, I would guess looking at his tour schedule that we wouldn't get something until nearer the end of the year at the earliest.

I'm gonna go with: Brian is clearly recording a cover version of Mike's audiobook reading of "Good Vibrations: My Life as a Beach Boy."

Yeah, if this is album related I was thinking the same thing. I think NPP took a damn long time from start to finish to finally be released. Slowly but surely, I guess.

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2017, 08:45:53 AM »

Didn't Brian do an interview a few months back in which he stated he was going to work on the rock 'n roll album during the break in the middle of the PS tour? We laughed it off back then, but could it be he was telling the truth?

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2017, 12:48:10 PM »

This is the best thing i've heard in ages! Grin So glad we can rely on Brian's music in these trying times!
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2017, 04:03:52 PM »

I haven't read the whole thread, so forgive me if I'm missing it, but how long were the early NPP tidbits before the album was out? If I'm not mistaken it was quite a while (though admittedly that project seems to have morphed a few times), really from right after the 50th until the album was released.

Anyway, whatever it is, I'm glad for more studio product.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2017, 05:14:08 PM »

The Zooey Deschanel clip ('On The Island') was uploaded to Facebook July 2014, and the album came out 9 months later. But there are also photos of Brian recording vocals in Ocean Way back to 2013 (and chilling with Don Was in the booth as well).

So yeah, I'm not sure if we'll even hear any possible album material anytime soon, but I'm just so happy that he's there doing what he does best.

Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2017, 05:30:26 PM »

Three guesses who I sound like when I sing and hold my nose.  Cheesy

Then you have fit right in if Mike had walked out on the reunion rehearsals. 😆

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
gfx