gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:27:21 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian's currently in the studio...  (Read 14765 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2017, 05:34:16 PM »

The Zooey Deschanel clip ('On The Island') was uploaded to Facebook July 2014, and the album came out 9 months later. But there are also photos of Brian recording vocals in Ocean Way back to 2013 (and chilling with Don Was in the booth as well).

So yeah, I'm not sure if we'll even hear any possible album material anytime soon, but I'm just so happy that he's there doing what he does best.
yeah I meant the work back to the Was stuff, the Beck stuff, etc.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2017, 05:53:33 PM »

Ahh gotcha, missed you wrote early tidbits. There was confirmed talk in June 2013 of Beck and Brian recording at Ocean Way. So around a year and 10 months from that until NPP came out. Nearly two years and god I hope we don't have to wait that long if this is album work.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2017, 06:01:33 PM »

Nearly two years and god I hope we don't have to wait that long if this is album work.

My thoughts exactly

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2017, 06:28:05 PM »

Agreed, OSD can do the backing vocals! Cheesy

Three guesses who I sound like when I sing and hold my nose.  Cheesy

Then you have fit right in if Mike had walked out on the reunion rehearsals. 😆

I'm surprised Mike doesn't click on the red "angry face" (aka the "dislike button") on that Facebook image that Brian posted. I wonder if he is even happy that Brian is still fortunately recording music, being that Mike isn't cowriting it. I hope that Mike is at least privately happy that Brian is still recording, even if he doesn't give Brian any sort of positive shout out publicly.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 06:31:54 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2017, 10:07:24 PM »

Hey now, Miley covering Dolly Parton was kinda nice!
Yeah, that did surprise me. I think the girl has some talent, but unfortunately she spends most of her time doing crazy stuff to get attention. Maybe she'll put out a good album when she's 30. If she lives that long.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2017, 02:23:55 AM »

Glad he's recording again! I only liked two or three songs on NPP and I hope we won't get as many duets/guest spots this time around, to me that stuff sounded forced and simply not necessary. I'd love a full album of stuff like I'm Feeling Sad. That was the last record's high point for me by far. Brian's always been brilliant at the slice-of-life stuff.
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2017, 03:31:22 AM »

Glad he's recording again! I only liked two or three songs on NPP and I hope we won't get as many duets/guest spots this time around, to me that stuff sounded forced and simply not necessary. I'd love a full album of stuff like I'm Feeling Sad. That was the last record's high point for me by far. Brian's always been brilliant at the slice-of-life stuff.

Yeah I'd love an album full of songs like that but there seems to be a competitive edge to chase some sort of hit at times.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 03:31:57 AM by My Brother Woody » Logged

thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2017, 04:22:21 AM »

I'm surprised Mike doesn't click on the red "angry face" (aka the "dislike button") on that Facebook image that Brian posted. I wonder if he is even happy that Brian is still fortunately recording music, being that Mike isn't cowriting it. I hope that Mike is at least privately happy that Brian is still recording, even if he doesn't give Brian any sort of positive shout out publicly.
Privately happy? Mike? We all know that he's never publicly happy about Brian doing something good, and I'd bet all my music collection that he is never privately happy, either.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 04:23:01 AM by thorgil » Logged

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2017, 04:34:24 AM »

Though I like NPP a lot, if Brian is doing another album, whatever it is, I hope for no "special guests" apart from Mark Isham (he'll always have a free pass). Only the Band, of course augmented by Al, Matt and Blondie.
And call it "Sensitive Music for Sensitive People", but brimming with the most raucous of Rock 'n' Rolls.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 04:36:02 AM by thorgil » Logged

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
KDS
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2017, 05:12:07 AM »

Though I like NPP a lot, if Brian is doing another album, whatever it is, I hope for no "special guests" apart from Mark Isham (he'll always have a free pass). Only the Band, of course augmented by Al, Matt and Blondie.

I couldn't agree more.  As much as I like NPP, through the first half of the album, it almost feels like Brian is a guest on his own album
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2017, 06:41:53 AM »

Privately happy? Mike? We all know that he's never publicly happy about Brian doing something good, and I'd bet all my music collection that he is never privately happy, either.

Nailed.    Thumbs Up

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2017, 09:10:17 AM »

The title "Sensitive music for Sensitive people" remind me of this,,,,  LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywWZlMPko-Y
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2017, 09:18:35 AM »

....... well after all 2017 is the 55 year anniversary..............  3D

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
leetwall97
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2017, 10:33:47 AM »

This is cool. The results are gonna be great. He mentioned in his book that one day he'd want to finish the Sail Plane Song with the original idea he had. I'd love to see him finish that and Can't Wait too Long (although because of the lucky old sun he probably won't, but a guy can dream)
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2017, 12:26:00 PM »

Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2017, 12:39:19 PM »

This is cool. The results are gonna be great. He mentioned in his book that one day he'd want to finish the Sail Plane Song with the original idea he had. I'd love to see him finish that and Can't Wait too Long (although because of the lucky old sun he probably won't, but a guy can dream)
I thought Al finished Sail Plane song back in the late 90s.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2017, 01:09:57 PM »

Thanks SamMcK! I've been logged off of Facebook for months now, so any posts from his official Facebook page regarding recording music being posted here are very much appreciated!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2017, 02:37:24 PM »

Great picture!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2017, 07:14:01 PM »

I thought Al finished Sail Plane song back in the late 90s.

Al finished Loop De Loop, not Sail Plane Song.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2017, 07:23:59 PM »

Unreliable sources told me that Brian is working on a death metal album. Featuring Ozzie Osbourne, Rob Zombie and Marylin Manson. It's called Hell Sounds.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2017, 08:04:45 PM »

Nah, he's working with me and Snoop Dogg. Pot Sounds. Duh.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
pdas1996
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2017, 12:08:17 AM »

I thought I saw somewhere that he was recording airplanes at the airport...

Jet Sounds!

Grin Grin
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2017, 12:21:07 AM »

No, he's recording himself after a heavy beer and curry night.

Wet Sounds
coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2017, 04:28:36 PM »

I don't have the book in front of me, but I recall that towards the end of "I Am Brian Wilson" BW listed some covers he wants to record for his next song, including the Rascals "It's A Beautiful Morning."

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2017, 06:36:24 AM »

Thanks SamMcK! I've been logged off of Facebook for months now, so any posts from his official Facebook page regarding recording music being posted here are very much appreciated!

You can also check his Instagram, which is brianwilsonlive. It's here: https://www.instagram.com/brianwilsonlive/   
And you don't need to "have" Instagram or follow Brian to look at it (only to comment).
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx