gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:46:34 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mod Hippie (feat. David Marks & D.J. Bonebrake) highlight reel now up  (Read 1694 times)
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2017, 02:18:39 AM »

Hi all...

Following up on my earlier post, the highlight reel video for the new album by Mod Hippie, BIG WOW is now up with snippets of about half the album:

https://youtu.be/b8JAF7nj6_k

The album features a cast of fairly well-known L.A. pop musicians including D.J. Bonebrake of X and David Marks on lead guitar, getting in a few surf licks but also stretching way out of the Beach Boys box. 

Featured tracks are a blistering and timely cover of Elvis Costello's anti-Fascist anthem "Night Rally" - on which Dave completely shreds - and the single "Psycho Romeo", where Dave's pulsing rhythm and slinky lead work reinvent a post-New Wave groove for 2017.  Dave's flamenco guitar turn on the Latin-influenced "Gone All Day" is also a highlight.  You can hear parts of these songs on the video.

The album official release date is February 20th.  We are currently taking orders at the website, www.karmafrog.com, for early shipment next week.

Check it out!
best,
adam marsland
karma frog
www.karmafrog.com
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 12:57:48 PM »

The first video from the Mod Hippie album is out - a hard-hitting, explosive remake of Elvis Costello's 1978 anti-Fascist anthem "Night Rally."

The shredding lead guitar is David Marks.

https://youtu.be/I_I_ghfSLPI

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 08:33:18 AM »

The first video from the Mod Hippie album is out - a hard-hitting, explosive remake of Elvis Costello's 1978 anti-Fascist anthem "Night Rally."

Thanks, Adam. Very cool. David's in fine form! And the tag's a thing of wonder, dogs and all...

I suppose any band with a drummer called D.J. Bonebrake can't really go wrong. :=)

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 12:54:14 PM »

Thanks! David does great work on this album - his flamenco turn on a track called "Gone All Day" is an eye-opener as to his talent.  The tag is mostly the work of young Jason Berk, another superb guitar player who's got some worthy albums out as a power pop singer songwriter.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 01:14:51 PM »

Love it!  Nice change of pace to see a BB member contributing to an *anti*-Fascist sentiment these days.

This is great.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 03:09:54 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 09:34:16 PM »

Thanks, Adam! Keep the faith!!!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx