gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 11:55:54 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Label drops Nellie McKay  (Read 3311 times)
Boxer Monkey
« on: January 08, 2006, 08:15:21 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/01/04/music.nellie.mckay.ap/index.html

I don't think I saw this posted anywhere else around here, even though it's a couple of days old.

I know she's a little nuts and occasionally too NPR precious, but I like some of her stuff anyway.

"All that matters to me is that I can continue to make irritating music which will baffle and enrage" -- that's great.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 08:18:15 PM by Boxer DonkeyBBQ » Logged
Old Rake
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 08:54:15 PM »

She's terrific, like a young, hip-hop-obsessed, female Van Dyke Parks in a way. In a lot of ways, actually. I don't think Sony had ANY IDEA what to do with her. Hopefully another label will better know how to market her music.
no
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 09:02:47 PM »

I've heard most of the new recordings and the new tunes are, for me, a tremendous let down. It sounds like 'Get Away From Me' several months beyond it's expiration date. A wicked sophomore slump.

I kinda wish she'd just scrap the whole thing and find a new label and new tunes.

Sorry for the thread hijacking, Boxer.
Boxer Monkey
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 09:20:22 PM »

What hijacking?

I guess if the new tunes blow, she's really in trouble. Her reputation as a meltdown queen is enough to sink her already.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx