gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:11:45 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The man who would drive her, Craig Breedlove by name..."  (Read 1493 times)
coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2017, 04:23:21 PM »

A news story on the subject matter of "Spirit of America:"

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-breedlove-jet-car-museum-lawsuit-0124-biz-20170120-story.html
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 04:24:32 PM by coco1997 » Logged

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 05:20:27 AM »

"Unquestionably, the damage from the museum was much, much more severe than the crash"----what an absurd state of affairs!

Heart-breaking indeed. Thank you, coco1997, for linking it.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 05:30:33 AM »

LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 06:02:12 AM »

LOL

What the ****'s so funny about it, SB? Do tell.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 08:43:38 AM »

This reminds me of the epic thread where one of the cars from one of the BB album covers (it was either the deuce coupe or the "Shut Down Vol. 2" corvette) was in some museum and someone posted pics, and someone reacted to the yellowing on the whitewalls as if it was a jaw-dropping epic tragedy, as if someone had left the Mona Lisa out in the rain or something.

Bummer for Breedlove (someone probably could have told him it was a bad idea to have a 50 year oral contract and apparently never check in on how the vehicle was doing all those years), and given the wonky handshake-ish style deal he made all those years ago, if he got a good settlement out of it he's probably lucky.

I'm assuming SB was just doing more of an ironic, head-shaking sort of laugh (there's not really a "tragically comedic" sort of emoji maybe) at the awful irony of the statement that the museum did more damage than the crash.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 09:07:41 AM »

Yeah I put that emoticon to laugh at irony of the situation and I thought that's what you pointing at as well.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 12:38:29 PM »

Gotcha, as they say. I take back my remark! Grin

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx