-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:43:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  AGD missing, the future of this forum
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AGD missing, the future of this forum  (Read 106596 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 01, 2017, 06:53:22 PM »

Billy is SS's left wing ambassador....

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: March 01, 2017, 07:04:46 PM »

Exactly. I despise the man , no doubt about it, and he just may be the only person in the world whom I truly hate in every sense of the word,  but I would not use certain words to describe him that he has used on others. I do not see what was homophobic about my comment, and what one would actually *do* with a baby owl, cuffs, and poppers boggles the mind.

Edit

I get the connection now. .. I meant it more along the lines of him being completely devoted to Mike like a Love-struck teenage girl and willing to do anything to earn those back row seats at the county fair. I wouldn't care if they were legit lovers,  I'm not like that at all. Wasn't thinking along those lines when I said it . To use another analogy, it's like Mike is the master  and Andrew is Rover,  always willing to play fetch like the good puppy he is. Who's a good boy? Andrew! And he's even mostly house trained! And if he has an accident,  Mike's book makes an excellent substitute for newspaper.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 12:09:16 AM by ♩♬☮ Temporary User Name ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 02, 2017, 12:14:00 AM »

Ro Ro runts ruvies!!!  Evil

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: March 02, 2017, 12:15:43 AM »

LOL

Nah, he would anything for Love, but he won't do that.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 12:20:36 AM by ♩♬☮ Temporary User Name ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 04, 2017, 12:58:20 PM »

This thread should be "Billy C. Missing, the future of this forum" Wink
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 12:59:10 PM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
terrei
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 02, 2017, 10:47:06 AM »

Is Doe really that important of a Beach Boys historian? Has he done any kind of research comparable to Craig Slowinski or James B. Murphy? Or Ian Rusten and Jon Stebbins? His website seems to be just a compilation of info from other sources. Useful, perhaps, but not essential, and it could be done much better -- it's a badly-designed and a chore to look at, what with its garish colors and tacky wooden boardwalk backgrounds. I'm reminded of websites from the 90s. All that's missing is a "hits counter" at the bottom of the page.

The Beach Boys fan community can do much better than Doe. Indeed, others have contributed (and are contributing) much more to research on the band, and they're doing it without Doe's attitude.

Couldn't leave this one alone. I have no opinion on Doe, but in terms of providing a user-friendly compendium available to everyone, nobody else has come close, and it's doubtful they ever will. There are many individuals on this forum who have shelled out literally thousands of dollars collecting every piece of literature ever written about the band. With those resources, they could start a Bellagio rival, but nah, they'd rather bicker about Mike Love or fantasize about what the Beach Boys would be like if they were born female. Best thing we got is the 2 or 3 people who have been beefing up the Beach Boys Wikipedia pages for the past decade or so.

Honorable mention: The Beach Boys Fan Club's Liner Notes Archive. Wonder why they stopped archiving after 1999.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 10:48:09 AM by terrei » Logged
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 02, 2017, 02:58:56 PM »

I have to agree.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 02, 2017, 03:02:59 PM »

I disagree, Doe just hosted information that C-man, Ian Rustan, Howie Edelson, and Jon Stebbins. Hell Brad Elliot and Mike Eder did more work for the BBs community than Doe.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 04:13:34 PM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 02, 2017, 03:33:08 PM »

"Much lamented" Mike Eder?

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 02, 2017, 04:02:02 PM »

I meant Brad Elliot.., Wink

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: April 02, 2017, 04:22:39 PM »

I was about to lose my temper.  Grin My friendship with Mike Eder predates this board.  Mike had a rather public breakdown and caused a few people to become very worried, but I believe he's ok now. I wish he would come back to the board, but I understand that this place might not be the best environment for him.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 02, 2017, 04:27:56 PM »

I have wished for quite some time now that one of the well known "scholars" of The Beach Boys would compile one huge "reference of historical data" book(or anthology book series) on the group. Basically the Bellagio website in book form.

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 02, 2017, 05:44:30 PM »

I was about to lose my temper.  Grin My friendship with Mike Eder predates this board.  Mike had a rather public breakdown and caused a few people to become very worried, but I believe he's ok now. I wish he would come back to the board, but I understand that this place might not be the best environment for him.

Mike is a class act. Be well, Mike.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 03, 2017, 06:29:35 AM »

Agree about Mike Eder, I liked this poster. The way some people treated him back then was very rude.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #364 on: April 03, 2017, 08:30:03 AM »

I disagree, Doe just hosted information that C-man, Ian Rustan, Howie Edelson, and Jon Stebbins. Hell Brad Elliot and Mike Eder did more work for the BBs community than Doe.

Exactly.  Doe himself has done jack sh*t.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 03, 2017, 02:42:44 PM »

Agree about Mike Eder, I liked this poster. The way some people treated him back then was very rude.
Totally agree. When he came back after some recovery time, he was attacked for daring to not use his name as his username, and for having the "Honourable Guest" title. He was pretty much driven away from the board.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #366 on: April 03, 2017, 02:51:13 PM »

Mike's a good guy. Sad part is, though, his opinion on certain things was colored by things I shared to him that Andrew told me, not realizing how much of a charlatan Andrew was (and is).

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 03, 2017, 03:03:04 PM »

I'm sure if he really takes a look at these threads, as well as the pm's, he'll eventually see the bigger picture of things.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: