-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:43:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  AGD missing, the future of this forum
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AGD missing, the future of this forum  (Read 106595 times)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 15, 2017, 01:35:38 AM »

Not even going to read 13 pages of drivel but I will say..

Every board has it's active times and down times, we'll be buzzing again soon, this is The Beach Boys.

I miss AGD, he should be brought back.

The mods would never entertain a boneheaded decision as you suggest. If you miss him so much, you can hang out at PS. They're so starved for members, they'll buy you food, pay your rent, clean your bathroom and walk your dog.  Roll Eyes
I thought that was Foskett's job? *cough*

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
harrisonjon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 15, 2017, 02:37:37 AM »

We await a monograph on the oh-so-subtle differences betwixt Irish wit, Welsh wit, and half-wits (e.g. our dear old friend Rocky Pamplin).

Where is Ontor when we really need him???  Cool Guy

You missed out "fuckwits", which I think was an AGD phrase.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: February 15, 2017, 07:38:39 AM »

I only mention it because this great big stinking turd of a thread...and its equally retch-worthy twin...really only serves to empower 'them'.  We give all of that historic shyte legs and life by continually living 'there' and thusly raising the stature of those long gone.  THIS sh*t plays right into the hands of misery.  And who keeps it front and centre?  WE DO.

THAT is stupid.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: February 15, 2017, 07:58:05 AM »

I only mention it because this great big stinking turd of a thread...and its equally retch-worthy twin...really only serves to empower 'them'.  We give all of that historic shyte legs and life by continually living 'there' and thusly raising the stature of those long gone.  THIS sh*t plays right into the hands of misery.  And who keeps it front and centre?  WE DO.

THAT is stupid.

It's in the sandbox, and it's there if and when a reply or correction is needed. When people got bashed and targeted personally as they were, and there have been no attempts to make things right or correct the lies or even tell the truth about what happened and how it all went down, there will naturally be a lot of anger and bad feelings, and it keeps sitting unresolved.

Here's my thought: If lies are told and the truth gets distorted, and people continue to promote and believe those lies, don't the liars end up succeeding in what they were trying to do all along? Substitute "bullies" for liars and it's another facet of what happened here until it was stopped. If the bully gets off scott-free with no blame or responsibility and simply picks up the same activity elsewhere, doesn't the bully win?

Bullies and liars shouldn't win in my book.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 15, 2017, 08:11:16 AM »

Glad to see these threads combined. Giving them less attention is the most important step towards strengthening our board.The sooner we move on,  the sooner they take ownership of the drama.
delete this account too
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: February 15, 2017, 02:08:19 PM »

« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 12:32:49 AM by Mixdown Producer » Logged
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 15, 2017, 02:13:31 PM »

Is Doe really that important of a Beach Boys historian? Has he done any kind of research comparable to Craig Slowinski or James B. Murphy? Or Ian Rusten and Jon Stebbins? His website seems to be just a compilation of info from other sources. Useful, perhaps, but not essential, and it could be done much better -- it's a badly-designed and a chore to look at, what with its garish colors and tacky wooden boardwalk backgrounds. I'm reminded of websites from the 90s. All that's missing is a "hits counter" at the bottom of the page.

The Beach Boys fan community can do much better than Doe. Indeed, others have contributed (and are contributing) much more to research on the band, and they're doing it without Doe's attitude.

Yes. You have pretty much summed up my feeling on the matter as well.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: February 15, 2017, 02:15:30 PM »

Is Doe really that important of a Beach Boys historian? Has he done any kind of research comparable to Craig Slowinski or James B. Murphy? Or Ian Rusten and Jon Stebbins? His website seems to be just a compilation of info from other sources. Useful, perhaps, but not essential, and it could be done much better -- it's a badly-designed and a chore to look at, what with its garish colors and tacky wooden boardwalk backgrounds. I'm reminded of websites from the 90s. All that's missing is a "hits counter" at the bottom of the page.

The Beach Boys fan community can do much better than Doe. Indeed, others have contributed (and are contributing) much more to research on the band, and they're doing it without Doe's attitude.

Best post in thread. You hit the nail on the head.

Doe is Wikipedia for the Beach Boys...all info gotten from other sources, and everything has to be taken with several grains of salt...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #333 on: February 15, 2017, 02:48:26 PM »

They do win when we continue to shine the light on them.  And then we do it again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  etc./etc.

Let them fade to black.  If another issue in THIS regard rears its ugly head...shoot it off then.  Glad that this has been relegated to the litter box but it still lives and breathes.  When that happens "bullies and liars" not only "win" they also get to laugh.

We HAVE to move on...or... ... ...we become the joke.  Then we lose again. 

'They' wouldn't stop talking about Donald Trump.  Trump won.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 15, 2017, 06:14:55 PM »

Every board has it's active times and down times, we'll be buzzing again soon, this is The Beach Boys.

The mods would never entertain a boneheaded decision as you suggest. If you miss him so much, you can hang out at PS. They're so starved for members, they'll buy you food, pay your rent, clean your bathroom and walk your dog.  Roll Eyes

Listening to the kokodope again, huh? Try to kick the habit and the cough will go away too.  Roll Eyes

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #335 on: February 15, 2017, 06:20:12 PM »

LOL Yeah, that was one of Andrew's favorite stories.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
harrisonjon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 16, 2017, 09:44:25 AM »

Which makes me wonder what Foskett has to do for Mike.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 16, 2017, 10:40:51 AM »

They do win when we continue to shine the light on them.  And then we do it again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  etc./etc.

Let them fade to black.  If another issue in THIS regard rears its ugly head...shoot it off then.  Glad that this has been relegated to the litter box but it still lives and breathes.  When that happens "bullies and liars" not only "win" they also get to laugh.

We HAVE to move on...or... ... ...we become the joke.  Then we lose again. 

'They' wouldn't stop talking about Donald Trump.  Trump won.

Amen.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 16, 2017, 10:43:03 AM »

Listening to the kokodope again, huh? Try to kick the habit and the cough will go away too.  Roll Eyes
Were the hell did that come from?  Huh

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: February 16, 2017, 10:18:50 PM »

Trust me, he's not listening to him! That was a reference to one of Doe's favorite claims.

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 17, 2017, 06:31:55 AM »

Trust me, he's not listening to him! That was a reference to one of Doe's favorite claims.

Got it, guys. My bad. Must have missed that somehow. Grin

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: February 17, 2017, 05:07:19 PM »

No worries!

Seems to be up to his old tricks too..is now claiming that Brian has no say at all in the show scheduling and kind of implying it's being forced on him.

Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 17, 2017, 07:27:18 PM »

When did the 2016 tour end?  I get the concern, but with Andrew and others, the concern can turn into unwarranted alarmism really quickly.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: February 17, 2017, 07:54:29 PM »

Yeah it's all about considering the source. Doe's real issue with the tour is Brian's not Mike, Melinda's not Jackie, and he's not getting comped tickets.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 19, 2017, 03:15:43 PM »

No comped tickets from me.... Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: February 19, 2017, 03:23:07 PM »

LOL LOL   Shocked Shocked Shocked

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 19, 2017, 03:25:09 PM »

Shine the sandals and pour the w(h)ine before BTTYS?

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: February 19, 2017, 08:02:45 PM »

LOL LOL   Shocked Shocked Shocked

Last time I checked it involved amyl nitrate, handcuffs, ad a baby owl.

Oh wait, I thought you were talking about what ANDREW does for Mike.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 08:03:23 PM by ♩♬☮ Andrew G Love ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

wild neon sins
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #348 on: March 01, 2017, 06:14:42 PM »

LOL LOL   Shocked Shocked Shocked

Last time I checked it involved amyl nitrate, handcuffs, ad a baby owl.

Oh wait, I thought you were talking about what ANDREW does for Mike.
eta: Think he's a right **** for what he's said and done but can we have less of what easily comes off like tabloid homophobic smears please?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 06:18:16 PM by wild neon sins » Logged

"And suddenly I find myself, listening to a man I've never known before,
Telling me about the sea..."

Looking for contributions for a Dennis fanzine
https://denniswilsonzine.tumblr.com
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: March 01, 2017, 06:47:02 PM »

Homophobic? I may be a lot of things, and am not perfect by any means, but I am not homophobic by any means.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: