-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:07:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  AGD missing, the future of this forum
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AGD missing, the future of this forum  (Read 106597 times)
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: February 13, 2017, 11:40:10 PM »

This thread is Snowflake Central...sensitive little bunch!

You are aware there is a study in Sweden at the moment that shows there is a direct correlation between use of the word 'snowflake' in a derogatory sense, and having a tiny penis. According to the study users of the word are asserting their masculinity in an attempt to draw attention away from their microscopic member.

Personally I love your insightful, razor witted posts, and I would really hate it if everytime the annoying liberals on this board saw one of your posts they were thinking 'boy, that guy must have absolutely tiny tool'
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 14, 2017, 06:56:37 AM »

I think it's embarrassing that there are two threads with AGD in the title. Can we at least merge them. This place just feeds the guys ego.

Just going to quote myself here...
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 14, 2017, 07:23:44 AM »

Not even going to read 13 pages of drivel but I will say..

Every board has it's active times and down times, we'll be buzzing again soon, this is The Beach Boys.

I miss AGD, he should be brought back.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 14, 2017, 08:15:50 AM »

Every board has it's active times and down times, we'll be buzzing again soon, this is The Beach Boys.

The mods would never entertain a boneheaded decision as you suggest. If you miss him so much, you can hang out at PS. They're so starved for members, they'll buy you food, pay your rent, clean your bathroom and walk your dog.  Roll Eyes

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 14, 2017, 08:51:33 AM »

Shady, I've always liked you as a poster here, and I'd never ever think less of you for holding the opinion that you do about this topic. But you may want to read at least the first page or two of this thread to get a better grasp on the ban. It wasn't at all an easy decision for Billy, I think Billy said he became physically ill around the time he had to make a decision about this ban - he really did see Andrew as a close online friend. And since the ban he's been berated publicly multiple times by this once close friend. Billy's personal problems have even been a subject in these public diatribes.

Hopefully this topic will be put to rest asap, but I would encourage anyone here who has doubts about the decision of this ban to do research about it. If you have done research and you still think it was a bad decision by the mods, definitely present your case. I'm sure if there was a reasonable defense the mods would lift the ban, but so far this hasn't happened.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: February 14, 2017, 10:12:07 AM »

This thread is Snowflake Central...sensitive little bunch!

You are aware there is a study in Sweden at the moment that shows there is a direct correlation between use of the word 'snowflake' in a derogatory sense, and having a tiny penis. According to the study users of the word are asserting their masculinity in an attempt to draw attention away from their microscopic member.

Personally I love your insightful, razor witted posts, and I would really hate it if everytime the annoying liberals on this board saw one of your posts they were thinking 'boy, that guy must have absolutely tiny tool'

What's wrong with having a small penis ?

Since you seem to be on the "snowflake" side, you should be aware that body-shaming is frowned upon in the snowflake community.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 10:14:18 AM by DonnyL » Logged

Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 14, 2017, 10:18:38 AM »

Andrew belongs where he is...where he will be mostly fawned over, which will reduce his tendency to be a bully--or, at least, to act out so aggressively in that manner.

I have been through similar situations on chat boards where my personal investment was higher, and I can tell you is that schisms are an inherent part of the landscape, and it's better if the key instigating agent (and their enablers) move on, regardless of how much knowledge/insight they may possess.

The simple facts of the BBs are these. The Wilson brothers were all extremely talented, but acted out in varying ways due to an abusive father. Each of them felt more comfortable with writing partners as a result, which led to a series of complications. Mike Love has always struggled between right-wing paranoia and a spiritual sense that he didn't want to have to divorce from material pleasures (hence the appeal of the Maharishi)--he was a great lead singer and, when he would leave his ego at the door, an at-least serviceable lyricist. As the material matured, however, his skills became less valuable--but history (and the varying fates of the Wilson brothers) has left him in a position where his limited vision of the band continues to compete with a more comprehensive view of the BBs achievements and legacy. Those who enable Mike Love in his post-2012 mode are doing a disservice to the music they love, because 97%+ of it was composed by the Wilson brothers.

What Andrew has to say about this on the larger scale is something that remained hidden behind his posturing as a bully and an ultimate "factual authority." This should be noted with an appropriate amount of regret, because he is by no means bereft of aesthetic insight. But--when he began to twist the arms of others with different interpretations of those facts is when he crossed a Rubicon, and he had to go. It was clearly an agonizing decision for the mods, and it took great courage for them to do so.

That said, there is no coming back for him--and those who wish for that really need to leave the vast majority of us (who understand all too well why he had to go) in peace. Enough is enough: go genuflect to the man over at his "Elba"-like place of exile.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #307 on: February 14, 2017, 10:32:27 AM »

Well said Don

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SteveMC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 14, 2017, 10:47:43 AM »

Peace & Love, Peace & Love as Ringo would say.  Grin
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 07:14:52 PM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys said of Reynolds: "[He's] just about a god to me. His work is the greatest, and the Freshmen's execution is too much."
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 14, 2017, 10:56:16 AM »

https://youtu.be/DCyuq-ofnPc
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 01:37:01 AM by JK » Logged

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 14, 2017, 10:58:10 AM »

Agreed. Totally uncalled for.
SteveMC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 14, 2017, 11:03:04 AM »

Peace & Love, Peace & Love as Ringo would say.  Grin

Was that necessary? Perhaps you should modify that and then I'll do the same.
Maybe or you could see it for what it is and appreciate my fine Irish wit.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 07:15:28 PM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys said of Reynolds: "[He's] just about a god to me. His work is the greatest, and the Freshmen's execution is too much."
SteveMC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 14, 2017, 11:04:04 AM »

Agreed. Totally uncalled for.

The truth is rarely called for --that's kind of the issue.  But go ahead and edit it. Ask the mods. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 11:05:50 AM by SteveMC » Logged

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #313 on: February 14, 2017, 11:13:03 AM »

Yeah, that was a bit much. I don't blame you for the sentiment, but that did cross a line

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 14, 2017, 11:14:25 AM »

Christ almighty if that's fine irish wit please let me never visit that country in my lifetime. sh*t like that is what gives this community a bad name. Calling out stupidity and petulant behavior is one thing, but wishing some people that kind of ill will is going way too damn far.

I need a break from this place.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: February 14, 2017, 11:30:59 AM »

« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 07:32:12 PM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 14, 2017, 12:00:08 PM »

Does this thread remind anybody else of Portlandia?

Anyhoo....

angel
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 14, 2017, 12:36:04 PM »

What a shitshow, AGD would be proud of such a nasty comment.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 14, 2017, 01:02:58 PM »

We await a monograph on the oh-so-subtle differences betwixt Irish wit, Welsh wit, and half-wits (e.g. our dear old friend Rocky Pamplin).

Where is Ontor when we really need him???  Cool Guy
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: February 14, 2017, 01:24:24 PM »

Good gawd...2 separate threads about the cancer which it's said infested this site.  Well... ... ...the cancer was removed yet this specific site remains deathly ill in spite of it.

It looks oh-so weak.  It looks decidedly smaller than miniscule.  And it looks like it's close to all that matters here anymore.  They don't fucking exist and yet *WE* con-fuckin'-tinue to both fertilize and water their sad little site with more sadness here than they'll EVER be able to muster.

It's as if S.S. is committing suicide...and using ol' Andrew as the rope.

Enough of this bullshit. Roll Eyes

Move on.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 14, 2017, 01:40:10 PM »

Good gawd...2 separate threads about the cancer which it's said infested this site.  Well... ... ...the cancer was removed yet this specific site remains deathly ill in spite of it.

It looks oh-so weak.  It looks decidedly smaller than miniscule.  And it looks like it's close to all that matters here anymore.  They don't fucking exist and yet *WE* con-fuckin'-tinue to both fertilize and water their sad little site with more sadness here than they'll EVER be able to muster.

Move on.

I think you overreact and overstate. Clearly a few folks remain here with the desire to distract over matters that are over and done with. And a few folks will enter into the thread with a "dissenting view" about Andrew, if only to stir the pot.

How is that any different than what happened in so many threads that he was involved in? It's the residue of a bully and the remnants of his stooges still causing trouble.

There continue to be many, many stimulating discussions about BBs music here. And most of them are now completely free of the hijacking sociopathy that festered for so long. The only people who "committed suicide" are the ones who went too far in terms of influence-peddling and intellectual bullying here and decided to keep firing torpedoes. Their "badge of honor" is to be banned from this so-called "hateful" place. So be it. Good riddance!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: February 14, 2017, 07:12:52 PM »

Move on.

I think you overreact and overstate. Clearly a few folks remain here with the desire to distract over matters that are over and done with. And a few folks will enter into the thread with a "dissenting view" about Andrew, if only to stir the pot.

How is that any different than what happened in so many threads that he was involved in? It's the residue of a bully and the remnants of his stooges still causing trouble.

There continue to be many, many stimulating discussions about BBs music here. And most of them are now completely free of the hijacking sociopathy that festered for so long. The only people who "committed suicide" are the ones who went too far in terms of influence-peddling and intellectual bullying here and decided to keep firing torpedoes. Their "badge of honor" is to be banned from this so-called "hateful" place. So be it. Good riddance!

Good riddance indeed, to the lot of them. But I will ask this upfront and direct: What if *you* (as in anyone reading) had who knows how much false if not slanderous information circulating about you personally, your families, or anything beyond "the music"...what would you do? How do you correct the bullshit that came from a campaign that hit every BB's related forum and continues to do so, knowing it was false from day 1 and seeing that certain lies are still circulating? Keep in mind, that's not band members, that is people here on this board, including "the mods" who had to find out that people were spreading this sh*t on places we have nothing to do with and didn't read. Only the surface has been scratched with all this garbage and the various behaviors and campaigns to ruin this place because "the mods" didn't bow down to certain people and interests.

I'm all for moving on, but for f*ck's sake not if everything is going to be whitewashed or swept under the carpet as if nothing ever happened and the lies continue. That's how the offenders and perpetrators of all this garbage get away with it. Historians/experts/collectors or not, it doesn't work that way. There has to be an outlet to set the record straight when necessary. We got bashed for too long simply for not toe'ing the line and buying into the bullshit.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #322 on: February 14, 2017, 07:30:23 PM »

FYI: The post has been edited and quotes of it as well. Maybe consider editing replies accordingly, and we move on.

Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #323 on: February 15, 2017, 12:36:10 AM »

Christ almighty if that's fine irish wit please let me never visit that country in my lifetime.

It's not.

SteveMC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 15, 2017, 12:45:52 AM »

I suppose this is the part of the film where you tell me I have a small willy and I live in mother's basement --it's not true. My gf happens to have a large vee-j-j and my folks live in MY upstairs. So you see it's about perspective. What I mean is that you learned of all this and the nefarious details in real-time. I just learned about it mostly this week. In real time you may have posted some harsh things. Having said that, this thread(and others), if you read the whole thing, helps one connect the dots to wtf went on and is going on.  In real-time maybe your perspective was different and perhaps mine will be in a few months.

Christ almighty if that's fine irish wit please let me never visit that country in my lifetime. sh*t like that is what gives this community a bad name. Calling out stupidity and petulant behavior is one thing, but wishing some people that kind of ill will is going way too damn far.

I need a break from this place.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 12:47:27 AM by SteveMC » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: