-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 02:12:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  AGD missing, the future of this forum
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AGD missing, the future of this forum  (Read 108066 times)
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 29, 2017, 07:02:58 AM »

I hope what I posted doesn't come off like I'm attacking anybody, or defending doe. I know he's said and done a lot of hurtful things to people. I guess I just keep thinking about lessons my dad always taught me. In situations like this I hear my dad's voice saying "Be the better man. Don't stoop to his level"

Exactly.  Two wrongs don't make a right.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 29, 2017, 07:17:33 AM »

Might I suggest this thread be moved to the Sandbox. Doe isn't worthy of this section of the Board.

+10

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: January 29, 2017, 07:33:57 AM »

You'll have to excuse me if I don't shed a tear of pity or lend a sympathetic ear in this situation. As someone who fell under the same kind of attempts to be torn down and attacked personally over issues related to a f***ing message board, attempts which are still resonating today among anyone naive enough to believe Doe's personal attack bullshit...no sympathy here. None, zero, zip, nada. Sometimes a good dose of karma coming back to kick someone in the ass isn't a bad thing.

Consider where were these current calls for an easing up when Doe was attacking others? Anyone? Hello? Years of this, and it went unchecked, ignored, or encouraged. Where was the support or defense of people here when Doe was sending his PM's around this board based on lies and attempts to screw this place over because HE and his peeps didn't like the decisions made? Also adding that a number of the attacks were done where the people being targeted could not respond or defend themselves, and weren't even aware they were happening because of where and how the attacks were being posted.

Consider too has he ever stepped up and apologized to anyone he targeted, lied about, or slandered? If anything, and I saw it recently in Billy's case, he did the opposite and doubled down instead of manning up and saying "I'm sorry".

It's a two-way street.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 08:03:53 AM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 29, 2017, 09:51:21 AM »

I don't think anyone needs to shed a tear -  if people want to attack Doe for his egregious and outrageous behavior on this board in the past, feel free to do so, as it certainly seems justified.  Attacking him for his personal life situation is petty and irrelevant and mean-spirited.  If we want to set an example for how we want the smiley board to be, now, we shouldn't repeat the mistakes of and the tactics of banned past members.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: January 29, 2017, 09:59:49 AM »

I don't think anyone needs to shed a tear -  if people want to attack Doe for his egregious and outrageous behavior on this board in the past, feel free to do so, as it certainly seems justified.  Attacking him for his personal life situation is petty and irrelevant and mean-spirited.  If we want to set an example for how we want the smiley board to be, now, we shouldn't repeat the mistakes of and the tactics of banned past members.

I agree with that, however as recently as in the past few weeks the exact same behavior that is being criticized in this thread regarding attacking a person's life and personal situations played out in almost the exact same scenario including appearing on a place where the person being attacked had no access to either reply, defend, or even know about it. Not a year ago, not 6 months ago, but within the past few weeks. And shame on those who encouraged and "liked" this garbage being spewed in the name of whatever justification those people (among them some well-known names in BB circles and the like) had for supporting that or even implying support instead of stepping up and saying "Not cool".

If it were not still continuing, if there had been even the smallest gesture of apology or even a mea culpa, it would be a different situation. But it's the same thing continuing as it has, and shame on those for condoning it or showing implied encouragement by not stepping in and saying "no" to the parties who started all this in the first place and can't seem to end it.

Truth and facts, pesky things, those...as the saying goes.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: January 29, 2017, 10:01:45 AM »

The BBs have to have the most f'ed up jacked up fanbase of all time!

It's a true statement, but this is basically because some people don't believe in defending continual toxic behavior - even when coming from members of their favorite band - while other people are somehow able to not only defend it, but go to great lengths to excuse it in every way possible. This is at the heart of why things are the way they are.  This is the root cause. Tragic.  If one is to be honest with themselves, this statement is as accurate as the famous Jack Rieley quote.

I get that some people are more "forgiving" than others, but ultimately there  just needs to be a line drawn where all people can agree certain things are simply not OK. The inability of some factions of the fanbase to be willing to ever, ever draw that line is ultimately why the fanbase is divided the way it is.

I really don't think this is the case at all. The way I see it is some are arguing for some kind of "moral compass" for this board, while others advocate setting personal issues aside and focusing on "on-topic" content.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 29, 2017, 10:06:22 AM »

I 100% agree with this. The ironic thing is that Doe was asked by an "interested party" (gee who could that be?? Lol) to find out where OSD lived. With that context, OSD commenting on Doe's possible living situation seems like small potatoes. That being said, again, I totally agree with you.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 29, 2017, 10:07:14 AM »

Speaking of which, anyone else find it creepy as f*** that an "interested party" connected to Doe was trying to find the home address of a poster on this forum?

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 29, 2017, 10:09:08 AM »

The BBs have to have the most f'ed up jacked up fanbase of all time!

It's a true statement, but this is basically because some people don't believe in defending continual toxic behavior - even when coming from members of their favorite band - while other people are somehow able to not only defend it, but go to great lengths to excuse it in every way possible. This is at the heart of why things are the way they are.  This is the root cause. Tragic.  If one is to be honest with themselves, this statement is as accurate as the famous Jack Rieley quote.

I get that some people are more "forgiving" than others, but ultimately there  just needs to be a line drawn where all people can agree certain things are simply not OK. The inability of some factions of the fanbase to be willing to ever, ever draw that line is ultimately why the fanbase is divided the way it is.

I really don't think this is the case at all. The way I see it is some are arguing for some kind of "moral compass" for this board, while others advocate setting personal issues aside and focusing on "on-topic" content.

Fair enough, I can appreciate that point of view, particularly in light of the recent Desper situation.  That said, I still think there's some truth in a general sense to what I was saying. On the whole, that particular issue (of toxic behavior being endlessly defended to an often ridiculous degree) certainly doesn't *help* keep a fanbase intact.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 10:10:47 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 29, 2017, 10:09:15 AM »

Don't forget I was a victim of the witch-hunt as well just for posting my honest opinions. I never joined the board for Doe to attack me and other posters to the point of being accused of being Melinda Wilson.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 29, 2017, 10:09:49 AM »

Speaking of which, anyone else find it creepy as f*** that an "interested party" connected to Doe was trying to find the home address of a poster on this forum?
I think I got off easy being accused of being Melinda.... Roll Eyes

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 29, 2017, 10:30:31 AM »

I 100% agree with this. The ironic thing is that Doe was asked by an "interested party" (gee who could that be?? Lol) to find out where OSD lived. With that context, OSD commenting on Doe's possible living situation seems like small potatoes. That being said, again, I totally agree with you.

Without implying any degree of bravado, the kokodoester doesn't ever want to "find" me. It just wouldn't be at all beneficial on his behalf. And yes, read between the lines if you so choose.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: January 29, 2017, 10:41:38 AM »

Don't forget he also said he found out where Ang Jones lives and not to be surprised if something happened to her.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 29, 2017, 10:44:50 AM »

Trust me, OSD is a badass! Grin

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 29, 2017, 10:58:02 AM »

Don't forget he also said he found out where Ang Jones lives and not to be surprised if something happened to her.

I think Ang could take care of herself even though doekoko has a brown belt in waddling.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: January 29, 2017, 11:05:10 AM »

LOL

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 29, 2017, 11:34:17 AM »

Don't forget I was a victim of the witch-hunt as well just for posting my honest opinions. I never joined the board for Doe to attack me and other posters to the point of being accused of being Melinda Wilson.

But Mike's legacy was at stake! You were only looking for a victim and chose Mike because, uh, randomness! Meanwhile in reality hand me any given Mike Love interview from whatever podunk town parking lot/rodeo the touring band has played and I'd be hard pressed NOT to find some ludicrous statement about or regarding Brian. It's not that hard to find a reason to dislike the man.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 11:55:43 AM by rab2591 » Logged

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 29, 2017, 11:51:18 AM »

I wish the PS forum luck in dealing with this kind of lunacy. Forreal, just because the venue changed doesn't mean the people are any different. Sure now it looks like a pleasant circle jerk for those who think Mike Love can do no wrong. But when those opinions start veering back to reality it'll be interesting to see if the mods there will get any creepy af PMs asking for IP locations for an "interested party", or if someone will get a PM regarding the known locale of a person whose opinion doesn't jibe with whatever ridiculous defense of Mike Love is being written that day...

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: January 29, 2017, 11:51:41 AM »

f***!!!  Really!!!  Wholly sh*t!!!  NEVER knew THAT either.  That explains, perhaps, why [while I was away from the message boards for 2 1/2 years] Ang's on-line demeanor seemed to change as radically as I thought it had.  Wow!!!   f***!!!

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 29, 2017, 12:51:17 PM »

Yeah Lee.... Sad

Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 29, 2017, 01:21:43 PM »

I find that much more disturbing that anything levied against AGD.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 29, 2017, 04:43:36 PM »

Do those messages still exist(screenshots?)? Seems like a matter for the police. Let's not forget, online bullying is now being taken(read: prosecuted) much more seriously now.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: January 29, 2017, 06:24:30 PM »

Do those messages still exist(screenshots?)? Seems like a matter for the police. Let's not forget, online bullying is now being taken(read: prosecuted) much more seriously now.

Yeah, I posted it in the AGD ban thread

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 30, 2017, 03:25:51 AM »

Just found that topic, I recalled it's sth. to do with setting the record straight, here's post about OSD: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,14464.msg326433.html#msg326433
Thanks RR for this reminder of how this board REALLY was when it was "healthy, thriving and full of great contributions by real experts". Huh
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 03:28:48 AM by thorgil » Logged

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 30, 2017, 03:41:58 AM »

That's pretty heavy stuff, the worst among his offences imho. That guy is the worst thing that could happen to a fanbase.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 03:47:06 AM by thorgil » Logged

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: