-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:34:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  AGD missing, the future of this forum
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AGD missing, the future of this forum  (Read 107290 times)
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 27, 2017, 10:47:33 AM »

Andrew wouldn't think twice about throwing someone under the bus.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: January 27, 2017, 11:04:19 AM »

I thought the way Doe harangued Carol Kaye was ridiculous (whether she had given incorrect info or not).

To the best of my recollection Carol called him out on the old Blue Board over something. I can't remember the exact nature of the disagreement but she threw up to him that she'd heard he was still living with his mother, in her basement.

She was a very easy target after that. The vitriol was unbelievable, how he could say some of the things he said about her, a living legend and him only a legend in his own mind.

Melinda also called him out, asking him exactly what his problem was, she was in the firing line after that, too.

Living with his mom, huh?  LOL LOL LOL And in the basement!  LOL LOL LOL Did she feed him too? What a psychological sad sack. No wonder he gets along so well with myKe luHv.

This kind of post is just as bad as what AGD is accused of. I find it peculiar that this kind of post is generally tolerated.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 11:15:00 AM by DonnyL » Logged

mike moseley
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 27, 2017, 01:52:45 PM »

Yes it was absurd to treat her the way he did.  She was wrong too to mock him but understandable if he had been bullying her.

I hate all the bad feeling.  I'd love more threads analyzing the music - I'd start more but I'm not technical enough to deconstruct it half as well as some members.

I'd love to see more on CIFOTM/Little Bird as I think there may be more of Child in the latter than is generally noticed.

I thought the way Doe harangued Carol Kaye was ridiculous (whether she had given incorrect info or not).

To the best of my recollection Carol called him out on the old Blue Board over something. I can't remember the exact nature of the disagreement but she threw up to him that she'd heard he was still living with his mother, in her basement.

She was a very easy target after that. The vitriol was unbelievable, how he could say some of the things he said about her, a living legend and him only a legend in his own mind.

Melinda also called him out, asking him exactly what his problem was, she was in the firing line after that, too.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 27, 2017, 02:12:43 PM »

Living with his mom, huh?  LOL LOL LOL And in the basement!  LOL LOL LOL Did she feed him too? What a psychological sad sack. No wonder he gets along so well with myKe luHv.

This kind of post is just as bad as what AGD is accused of. I find it peculiar that this kind of post is generally tolerated.
Agreed.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: January 27, 2017, 02:15:43 PM »

Living with his mom, huh?  LOL LOL LOL And in the basement!  LOL LOL LOL Did she feed him too? What a psychological sad sack. No wonder he gets along so well with myKe luHv.

In all fairness, I can see why osd posted what he did, considering what Doe has done publicly and privately to people. That said, two wrongs don't make a right, even if it is Doe.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 27, 2017, 02:19:37 PM »

Iirc, in some old thread Agd started 1st calling OSD names. He said sth. along the lines of that he lives with mother too. & made very uncalled for physical remark.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: January 27, 2017, 02:26:16 PM »

Iirc, in some old thread Agd started 1st calling OSD names. He said sth. along the lines of that he lives with mother too. & made very uncalled for physical remark.

And was pumping me for personal information  (like real name, address, ect) for an "interested party" (hinting around it was Mike)...I would prefer that the comments made about Doe stay more, um, "adult" and on topic as opposed to personal attacks, but I can definitely forgive if justifiable anger comes out. Too many people have been burned,  and not just on ways that can be made public on the board

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 27, 2017, 02:30:29 PM »

Just found that topic, I recalled it's sth. to do with setting the record straight, here's post about OSD: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,14464.msg326433.html#msg326433

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: January 27, 2017, 02:33:50 PM »

Also might I add that while attacking Andrew and bringing up him living with his mom in her basement may have crossed a line,  it needs to be spelled out that Andrew did the same to me, slandering my name and implying there was a darker reason for my own homelessness and subsequent moving in with family.  

Let it also be known that if I ever get proof that he has continued  to slander me and I find out he's been making untrue allegations about me and I have proof, I WILL look into my legal options.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 27, 2017, 02:35:12 PM »

I hope what I posted doesn't come off like I'm attacking anybody, or defending doe. I know he's said and done a lot of hurtful things to people. I guess I just keep thinking about lessons my dad always taught me. In situations like this I hear my dad's voice saying "Be the better man. Don't stoop to his level"

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: January 27, 2017, 02:37:56 PM »

Just found that topic, I recalled it's sth. to do with setting the record straight, here's post about OSD: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,14464.msg326433.html#msg326433

Thank you for that. And of course, OSD got punished for responding to what Andrew said, but he got off scott free because he's Andrew G. Love and I fell for his act like a schmuck.  I've since apologized to osd privately,  but now I'm doing it again only publicly.  

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: January 27, 2017, 02:39:37 PM »

I hope what I posted doesn't come off like I'm attacking anybody, or defending doe. I know he's said and done a lot of hurtful things to people. I guess I just keep thinking about lessons my dad always taught me. In situations like this I hear my dad's voice saying "Be the better man. Don't stoop to his level"

Understood. I'm struggling with it myself.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 27, 2017, 02:44:31 PM »

Thank you for that. And of course, OSD got punished for responding to what Andrew said, but he got off scott free because he's Andrew G. Love and I fell for his act like a schmuck.  I've since apologized to osd privately,  but now I'm doing it again only publicly.  
It's interesting that andy accused OSD of the exact same thing he was going through himself. Projecting anger at our own misfortune, much?  Roll Eyes

Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 27, 2017, 02:59:39 PM »

What irks me is that the older SuperFans STILL think Andrew walks on water. Either he's really good at pouring on the bullshit or he has been losing it over the years.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 27, 2017, 03:07:19 PM »

Andrew G. Love! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: January 27, 2017, 03:17:21 PM »

Andrew G. Love! Grin

That was my phones autocorrect LOL

Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 27, 2017, 04:06:18 PM »

For years and years and years, AGD's boorish behavior was tolerated, rationalized, condoned...even celebrated. Now he is Public Enemy Number One in Smiley Smile world. Funny how the wind shifts...
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: January 27, 2017, 04:20:32 PM »

... and for those who think I'm defending AGD or "on his side", it was fun revisiting this thread here Smiley (I was basically arguing the same points I am in this thread with AGD):

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php?topic=11763.160;wap2

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 27, 2017, 05:15:21 PM »

Much appreciated then and now, Billy.  High Five

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: January 27, 2017, 07:00:33 PM »

Sorry about your 'shortcomings' OSD.  I'd never given it any thought until this woeful thread apparently re-introduced the matter to those of us who had, hithertofore, been merely UNinformed.  Shocked

Glad I missed all of THAT.  It ain't the AGD I knew from years and years ago...but it would seem, given ALL that went down, that maybe I didn't know him as well as I thought I did.  Embarrassed

Then again...these are pretty much ALL on-line message board relationships so we really know "dick" about anybody...NOT that I'm actually calling anyone HERE a "dick" or making a comment about anything to do with what size 'jock' one might require if they were to suit up for a sport where the eggs [etc.] might get cracked or broken.  Dead Horse  <  Betcha THAT'd hurt.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 28, 2017, 08:39:22 AM »

I think making Andrew the topic of a thread would just about make his day; that, and kicking his dog. No offence to any dogs out there, or cats , animals of any kind.
MikestheGreatest!!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 28, 2017, 01:03:51 PM »

The BBs have to have the most f'ed up jacked up fanbase of all time!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 28, 2017, 06:17:05 PM »

The BBs have to have the most f'ed up jacked up fanbase of all time!

It's a true statement, but this is basically because some people don't believe in defending continual toxic behavior - even when coming from members of their favorite band - while other people are somehow able to not only defend it, but go to great lengths to excuse it in every way possible. This is at the heart of why things are the way they are.  This is the root cause. Tragic.  If one is to be honest with themselves, this statement is as accurate as the famous Jack Rieley quote.

I get that some people are more "forgiving" than others, but ultimately there  just needs to be a line drawn where all people can agree certain things are simply not OK. The inability of some factions of the fanbase to be willing to ever, ever draw that line is ultimately why the fanbase is divided the way it is.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 06:59:09 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 29, 2017, 12:16:42 AM »

Might I suggest this thread be moved to the Sandbox. Doe isn't worthy of this section of the Board.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 29, 2017, 12:24:31 AM »

That's cold.  LOL

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: