-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:03:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  AGD missing, the future of this forum
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AGD missing, the future of this forum  (Read 106602 times)
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2017, 09:36:23 PM »

It has been great to not have to read why VDPs supposedly isn't a credible source for Beach Boys anecdotes because he flubbed a factoid about a poet in a Twitter post in 2013. It has been great not debating the idiots who defended Mike Love at every turn even when Mike was clearly in the wrong. It has been great not having to see Debbie KL get harassed for being supportive of Brian Wilson's musical output. The list of benefits goes on.

And I'm sure the other group would express similar sentiments, which is exactly why a regrouping will never happen. Everyone wants their own space where their beliefs aren't questioned. It's basic human nature. Both boards will eventually die, as will everything else.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 09:42:04 PM by Bubs » Logged
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2017, 09:37:53 PM »

I'm just very sad that Stephen Desper left this thread seemingly forever and we may never receive his insight with the Boys again...  Sad
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2017, 09:40:12 PM »

It has been great to not have to read why VDPs supposedly isn't a credible source for Beach Boys anecdotes because he flubbed a factoid about a poet in a Twitter post in 2013. It has been great not debating the idiots who defended Mike Love at every turn even when Mike was clearly in the wrong. It has been great not having to see Debbie KL get harassed for being supportive of Brian Wilson's musical output. The list of benefits goes on.

And I'm sure the other group would express similar sentiments, which is exactly why a regrouping will never happen. Everyone wants their own space where there beliefs aren't questioned. It's basic human nature. Both boards will eventually die, as will everything else.

Yeah, no one who lies and distorts the facts likes to be challenged with reality and facts. So, they find places where they won't be challenged and where facts can be shaped to fit any needs or agendas. Mission accomplished.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2017, 09:40:44 PM »

I'm just very sad that Stephen Desper left this thread seemingly forever and we may never receive his insight with the Boys again...  Sad

Yeah, me too. It's a shame what happened. I hope he comes back.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2017, 09:42:06 PM »

The way that went down was especially unfortunate.  Luckily, you can still find him over at the Pet Sounds forum.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2017, 09:48:10 PM »

Ahh, so all this was a marketing gimmick? Now it makes sense.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2017, 09:49:48 PM »

Watch out for falling prices.  Everything must go!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2017, 09:50:24 PM »

Come for the Desper, stay for the bullshit!

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2017, 09:51:32 PM »

And I'm sure the other group would express similar sentiments, which is exactly why a regrouping will never happen. Everyone wants their own space where there beliefs aren't questioned. It's basic human nature. Both boards will eventually die, as will everything else.

A regrouping will never happen, not because of a belief that supposedly people want safe spaces - but because there's one group of people that acted with complete disregard for a lot of people (including Melinda Wilson) and the people here wanted nothing to do with them.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2017, 09:52:48 PM »

They even have their own bookie!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2017, 09:54:36 PM »

A regrouping will never happen, not because of a belief that supposedly people want safe spaces - but because there's one group of people that acted with complete disregard for a lot of people (including Melinda Wilson) and the people here wanted nothing to do with them.
besides the Wilsons and Jardines,  the other members were affected,  including the request of personal information,  for nefarious purposes.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2017, 09:55:09 PM »

The people that want safe spaces are those who feel free to post bullshit and treat people in the ways that got them banned here and elsewhere without fear of being challenged or confronted. So in that regard, I guess they found it? All 12 of them.

The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2017, 09:55:23 PM »

He said we may never receive his insight again and I told him you can still find his posts elsewhere.  Nothing more than that.  If you want to spin it into something else, that's your call.  
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2017, 09:57:56 PM »

Maybe not here, but there's also a buyer beware issue. But yeah I got what you meant. 

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2017, 09:58:10 PM »

He said we may never receive his insight again and I told him you can still find his posts elsewhere.  Nothing more than that.  If you want to spin it into something else, that's your call.  

You can find his posts right next to the posts and liars that are driving people off and keeping people away. Good marketing, right there.

Spin enough?

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2017, 09:59:29 PM »

Maybe not here, but there's also a buyer beware issue. But yeah I got what you meant. 

They do have Dezbo The Clown giving away free balloon animals to the kids under 12 every other Saturday, all we have is the facts...no contest I guess.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2017, 10:03:28 PM »

Dezbo the clown?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2017, 10:03:59 PM »

Dezbo the clown?

It's an inside joke.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2017, 10:04:54 PM »

Ah..ok. I was hoping it wasn't a shot at somebody...

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2017, 10:05:04 PM »

He does know his way around a balloon giraffe though, I gotta say. Can blow them and tie them in 8 seconds flat.

Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2017, 10:08:12 PM »

I post on both forums and while my loyalty lies here and there are definitely more loonies over there, the topics of discussion between the two boards are neither better or worse than each other.  The fact is that not much is going on in the world of The Beach Boys at the moment so you can't expect things to always be exciting.  You're not missing out on any insight without the posters who left for the other forum.  If they came back, there would just be more drama which is not needed at all.  If you ever have a question for AGD or feel like being belittled by a right-wing nutjob, you can always pop over to the Pet Sounds forum while still being a member here.  No need to choose between the two and no need for those exiled to come back here.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2017, 10:08:35 PM »

It's not a "supposed" belief--it's basic psychology. Groupthink, ingroup and outgroup biases... A budding psychologist could write an incredible dissertation on Beach Boy fans.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 10:11:22 PM by Bubs » Logged
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2017, 10:09:58 PM »

It's not a "supposed" belief--it's basic psychology. Groupthink, ingroup and outgroup biases... A budding psychologist could write an incredible dissertation on Beach Boy fans.

Cool!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2017, 10:12:01 PM »

It's not a "supposed" belief--it's material for a Psych 101 class. Groupthink, ingroup and outgroup biases... A budding psychologist could write an incredible dissertation on Beach Boy fans.

A 5-year old kid could suss out some of those liars and charlatans better than some people seem able to do even after seeing the truth firsthand.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2017, 10:13:04 PM »

Or do we need reminders of the lies?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: