-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:04:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  AGD missing, the future of this forum
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AGD missing, the future of this forum  (Read 107317 times)
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2017, 10:13:42 PM »

Ahh, so all this was a marketing gimmick? Now it makes sense.

He said we may never receive his insight again and I told him you can still find his posts elsewhere.  Nothing more than that.  If you want to spin it into something else, that's your call.  

You can find his posts right next to the posts and liars that are driving people off and keeping people away. Good marketing, right there.

Spin enough?

Are you ever going to let it go?  What is your end goal in trashing PSF every time it's brought up?
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2017, 10:16:03 PM »

He said we may never receive his insight again and I told him you can still find his posts elsewhere.  Nothing more than that.  If you want to spin it into something else, that's your call.  

You can find his posts right next to the posts and liars that are driving people off and keeping people away. Good marketing, right there.

Spin enough?

Are you ever going to let it go?  What is your end goal in trashing PSF every time it's brought up?

Truth and honesty, little things like that. Ask Doe.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2017, 10:21:04 PM »

A regrouping will never happen, not because of a belief that supposedly people want safe spaces - but because there's one group of people that acted with complete disregard for a lot of people (including Melinda Wilson) and the people here wanted nothing to do with them.

It's not a "supposed" belief--it's basic psychology. Groupthink, ingroup and outgroup biases... A budding psychologist could write an incredible dissertation on Beach Boy fans.

Do you see the prototypical Beach Boys fan being better served by a Jungian or Freudian analysis, or perhaps a Neo-Freudian approach along the lines of Fromm? Or maybe go out on a limb and try a Lacanian analysis instead?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2017, 10:28:04 PM »

Spin enough?

Truth and honesty doesn't involve trashing the entire forum because you don't like a few people.  Nothing honest about that.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2017, 10:33:28 PM »

Spin enough?

Truth and honesty doesn't involve trashing the entire forum because you don't like a few people.  Nothing honest about that.

When the forum harbors people who have a very visible history of reprehensible behavior you shouldn't be surprised when it's called out as such....especially in this thread where one of those harbored guys was being revered.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2017, 10:44:30 PM »

Spin enough?

When the forum harbors people who have a very visible history of reprehensible behavior you shouldn't be surprised when it's called out as such....especially in this thread where one of those harbored guys was being revered.

Yeah, there's a couple people over there who have said some bad things in the past (some of which is very unclear).  The rest of the membership doesn't care and has moved on.  It's easy enough to ignore them as most of the people in question rarely post.  You don't have to like them to be a member, either.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2017, 10:49:04 PM »

Spin enough?

Yeah, there's a couple people over there who have said some bad things in the past (some of which is very unclear).  The rest of the membership doesn't care and has moved on.  It's easy enough to ignore them as most of the people in question rarely post.  You don't have to like them to be a member, either.

What happened with the guy who was the original admin who quit then came back first under a new name, then back as a regular member? Anything wrong?

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2017, 10:53:11 PM »

Spin enough?

It's about the supposed principles of a forum that will allow such people with open arms in the first place...and even give badges of honor to those who have passed along absolutely sh*t information about the wife of one of the most famous songwriters in history. A forum willing to bend over backwards to accept and keep such members should be called out for having such low standards.

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2017, 10:56:05 PM »

Wow. All that drama went unnoticed by me. No, this thread was not intended as some kind of ploy to get AGD back, not when he's been cruel to some members, I honestly didn't know that. Also, I don't want to defect to PSF, or even divide my time between the two. SS is where it's at, as far as I am concerned. We have still got all the readers, as someone here already pointed out. That matters a lot.

I know AGD could be acerbic and hot-headed, had a run-in with him myself once. I posted that Dennis' fave song was "Every Breath you Take" (which it was towards the end), and knowing of Dennis' fate, AGD was convinced I was a troll. Took me a whole page of apologizing and explaining to convince him otherwise.

It's sad that BB fandom should be split into factions, just like our band, but so be it. Happens to a lot of fan communities. But I thank you all for your input here. I'll try to drop in more often and contribute as best I can .
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2017, 10:56:13 PM »

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2017, 10:57:09 PM »

Spin enough?

What happened with the guy who was the original admin who quit then came back first under a new name, then back as a regular member? Anything wrong?

You already know what happened, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2017, 11:03:24 PM »

"I will never change with what I think happened in here and you will never convince me otherwise."

The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2017, 11:04:43 PM »

Spin enough?

It's about the supposed principles of a forum that will allow such people with open arms in the first place...and even give badges of honor to those who have passed along absolutely sh*t information about the wife of one of the most famous songwriters in history. A forum willing to bend over backwards to accept and keep such members should be called out for having such low standards.

Have we actually seen what this sh*t information is?
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2017, 11:06:26 PM »

"I will never change with what I think happened in here and you will never convince me otherwise."

What does that have to do with what I said?
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2017, 11:07:01 PM »

Spin enough?

What, do you and Cam want to fact-check it?

For starters, is "SmileBrian" the poster here Melinda Wilson? yes or no?

The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2017, 11:09:12 PM »

Spin enough?

Thinking Melinda is SmileBrian or anyone else is hardly something to get worked up about.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2017, 11:11:46 PM »

Spin enough?

Yes. One example is in the thread posted on the first page of this thread. AGD passed information to Billy from an impeccable source that Melinda Wilson was libeling Mike's band on SS through the username Smile Brian. I have met Smile Brian personally at a concert and he is very much not Melinda Wilson. There are other worse examples regarding Melinda and Brian's adopted children...these PMs were seen by several people, including those who are moderators on the PS forum.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2017, 11:15:14 PM »

Spin enough?

Thinking Melinda is SmileBrian or anyone else is hardly something to get worked up about.

"Thinking"? No, read the damn PM. Doe said he had information from an impeccable source that Melinda Wilson was Smile Brian, and that Smile Brian was libeling Mike's band. It is written plain as day. This wasn't some passing thought Andrew Doe was "thinking". It was information passed from an impeccable source, not fact checked, and given to the moderator of the most popular Beach Boys forum on the web. Attempting to whitewash the serverity of such a claim is incredibly ignorant.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2017, 11:16:02 PM »

My bookshelf looks better now

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2017, 11:16:18 PM »

Smile Brian sent me a photo of him at a casino, and I can also confirm that he is not Melinda.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2017, 11:19:27 PM »

It was also suggested - I can't recall if the same impeccable source was behind this one - that SmileBrian was Carol Kaye. I guess any woman who ran afoul of either Doe or the impeccable source(s) was projected into and took the form of SmileBrian.

Is that a competent Freudian analysis or more of a Jungian hypothesis? I say Freud.

The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2017, 11:19:54 PM »

Spin enough?

Yes. One example is in the thread posted on the first page of this thread. AGD passed information to Billy from an impeccable source that Melinda Wilson was libeling Mike's band on SS through the username Smile Brian. I have met Smile Brian personally at a concert and he is very much not Melinda Wilson. There are other worse examples regarding Melinda and Brian's adopted children...these PMs were seen by several people, including those who are moderators on the PS forum.

The bit about the kids is what I'm talking about.  If so many people have seen it already, it needs to be made public and everyone else can judge for themselves.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2017, 11:21:08 PM »

Spin enough?

Truth and honesty doesn't involve trashing the entire forum because you don't like a few people.  Nothing honest about that.

Yeah, there's a couple people over there who have said some bad things in the past (some of which is very unclear).  The rest of the membership doesn't care and has moved on.  It's easy enough to ignore them as most of the people in question rarely post.  You don't have to like them to be a member, either.

"Thinking"? No, read the damn PM. Doe said he had information from an impeccable source that Melinda Wilson was Smile Brian, and that Smile Brian was libeling Mike's band. It is written plain as day. This wasn't some passing thought Andrew Doe was "thinking". It was information passed from an impeccable source, not fact checked, and given to the moderator of the most popular Beach Boys forum on the web. Attempting to whitewash the serverity of such a claim is incredibly ignorant.

Even that shortchanges things.  I think I laid it out pretty well in my last post. Needless to say he did far more than just the whole Melinda is really Smile Brian, or Ellis, or (insert random poster). Goes beyond just the slander of those not on the Love boat,  so to speak. I covered some of the worst above and in the link posted for the original thread.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2017, 11:21:53 PM »

I will take being Melinda over Carol though! Wink Will post more when I wake up in the morning.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2017, 11:24:16 PM »

Spin enough?

Truth and honesty doesn't involve trashing the entire forum because you don't like a few people.  Nothing honest about that.

Yeah, there's a couple people over there who have said some bad things in the past (some of which is very unclear).  The rest of the membership doesn't care and has moved on.  It's easy enough to ignore them as most of the people in question rarely post.  You don't have to like them to be a member, either.

The bit about the kids is what I'm talking about.  If so many people have seen it already, it needs to be made public and everyone else can judge for themselves.

Besides him making a snide remark about his Web host and his child? I can't go into it because the affected do not want it to be made public so I wont out of respect.  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: