gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:08:38 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hunky Dory (2011), movie with "Don't Talk (Put Your Head on My Shoulder)"  (Read 1246 times)
mojoman3061
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2017, 02:27:56 PM »

I spotted this in an F.Y.E. store that's closing.  I'd never heard of it, but I was intrigued by several things.  It's set in Wales in 1976, and Minnie Driver plays a young drama teacher who directs an end-of-the-year production of The Tempest "that William Shakespeare and David Bowie would be proud of."  I bought it because I saw the Beach Boys included among the artists whose songs were used.

The Beach Boys song is "Don't Talk," performed by Minnie Driver, Aneurin Barnard, and Danielle Branch.  A quick search on IMDb <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1727300/?ref_=nv_sr_1> tells me this is the only use of "Don't Talk" in a movie soundtrack before Love and Mercy.  I found it quite enjoyable.  The actors all do their own singing.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 03:17:56 AM »

Thanks for the heads up, mojoman. Happily, part of that scene is on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Henu1HTzIA

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx