gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:04:14 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Beach Boys YouTube Channel  (Read 3754 times)
Mr Fulton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2017, 12:08:17 AM »

Hey it would be awesome if you checked out my YouTube channel, I post alternate albums, alternate versions of songs, and more

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5m94CBUpwHjR1Xn_IcLcuQ
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 01:54:35 AM »

Thanks for the link!

I just listened to your '75 Caribou album edit and it just crossed my mind what a great album they could've released if only they would have let Dennis produce and write one for them. Maybe with a couple of strong Brian tracks. But wow, what could've been.... And isn't "My love lives on" just heartbreakingly beautiful?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Mr Fulton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 02:08:09 AM »

Yeah   What If??  My Love Lives On is just great !!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 05:42:59 AM »

My Love Lives On is just great !!

I still think it would make for great dramatic effect if used in a TV-series. Maybe for a season's finale or something like that....

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
jackjachman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 03:15:59 PM »

Cool stuff, man. Like what you've done here. As someone who was doing something very similar last year with making these albums and then posting about it here, I would maybe caution against sharing links here as it could definitely amplify your chances of getting a copyright notice from Brother Records, and then all of your uploads are history after that. This happened to not only me but also jiggy22 and The_Beach, after we all had posted about our projects here and got a fair amount of attention from fans.

These videos are SUPER fun to make, and I've subsequently tweaked some of my album reimaginings and reuploaded them privately onto a new channel because I enjoyed listening to them so much, that I just don't want you to get your hopes up and have all of your hard work deleted in one swift go.
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 05:09:34 PM »

I haven't posted anything BB's related on my blog since mid-December, as I've been busy pursuing other interests for the time being. So it's nice to see others taking up the hobby. Just be sure to back up your video files, because you never know if or when they'll be removed by Brother Records!

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
Steve Latshaw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 07:33:17 AM »

I'd like to see an alternate/extended version of the LA Light Album...
Sound of Free
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 10:28:04 AM »

That alternate Sunflower is an amazing 12-track album.
Mr Fulton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 12:04:09 PM »

I have one strike for the Brian Wilson Slightly American Music alternate album I did.  But everything is backed up and I want to make a blog just like Jiggy did. Some one more strike and I'll probably make a blog
Senator Blutarsky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 04:02:29 PM »

That alternate Sunflower is an amazing 12-track album.

Yes, I second that. Sunflower was a very underrated and underappreciated album. The musical climate was against them in 1970 as that was the heyday of Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and the heavier rock groups.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 02:08:32 PM »

Interesting comment at the bottom of this one from one 'Amanda Darlene'. Signs off as Amanda Johnston and says she is Bruce Johnstons new wife! Is this bs or a scoop?  Shocked

https://youtu.be/G0JsP1dmItg
barsone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 02:38:20 PM »

Anyone notice Al's dig at the end of Come Go With Me ??   After introducing and crediting Ritchie Canata for his fine sax work at the end of the song.  He says  "And we finally have a sax player"    Dig towards Mike ?    It just caught my ear and made me think what happened over the next 5 to 10 years from 93 to 05.   Any other instances where any heard digs like this between members on stage ? 

Don't mean to derail this thread       Great production and great clarity       Hope the eyes in the sky leave this alone
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 03:06:40 PM »

I hadn't thought of the comment in that way, however I doubt Al said anything then that he hadn't said for the last 30 years.  LOL
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx