gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 01:12:40 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Recent recording  (Read 2304 times)
Adult Child
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2017, 11:12:19 PM »

I made this thing in tribute to John Glenn (despite the fact I used a Neil Armstrong soundbite) a few weeks ago. I'd like to put words to it at some point but I have nothing to really say about John Glenn.

https://soundcloud.com/user-692725454/la-lune

"In my opinion it makes Pet Sounds stink - that's how good it is!" - Dennis Wilson

"Our records were really very good. We're very talented and we know how to do what we do." - Carl Wilson

"The thing is, I'm just pooping along. Some people buzz along. I poop along. I just can't help it; that's the way I am. I'm just a pooper." - Brian Wilson
Scaroline No
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 07:48:07 AM »

This is pretty, I really love it Smiley Are you sure it needs lyrics? I kind of like it just how it is.
Adult Child
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 09:50:30 AM »

This is pretty, I really love it Smiley Are you sure it needs lyrics? I kind of like it just how it is.

Thank you!
I'll probably just leave it like it is

"In my opinion it makes Pet Sounds stink - that's how good it is!" - Dennis Wilson

"Our records were really very good. We're very talented and we know how to do what we do." - Carl Wilson

"The thing is, I'm just pooping along. Some people buzz along. I poop along. I just can't help it; that's the way I am. I'm just a pooper." - Brian Wilson
Adult Child
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 08:24:59 PM »

https://soundcloud.com/user-692725454/ze-motif

If (you can get past the repetitiveness) anyone has any idea for lyrics for this little phrase/bit, whether it be actual lyrics or just an idea for what they could be about. Either or would really help with thinking of something to go around this musically cause this is all I have that's remotely substantial. Thanks.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 01:20:18 PM »

https://soundcloud.com/user-692725454/ze-motif

If (you can get past the repetitiveness) anyone has any idea for lyrics for this little phrase/bit, whether it be actual lyrics or just an idea for what they could be about. Either or would really help with thinking of something to go around this musically cause this is all I have that's remotely substantial. Thanks.

It reminds me of something slowly revolving, like a musical toy. "Going round in circles" is a little negative but that's the phrase that came to mind.

I do like "La Lune" and agree with SCZ that it's complete the way it is. :=)   

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 02:06:42 PM »

Love it! The atmosphere is wonderful in this! And that outro....

As for lyrics, I agree you don't need them (but perhaps put together a music video with public access pictures from NASA to go along with this). But if you find you do want to pursue a vocal, here are some ideas (no offense taken if you hate em haha):

(kinda following the melody of the synth that starts at :28). Instead of doing a Bowie like song where you describe the actions of an astronaut, tell a story from the perspective of John Glenn's wife as he orbits above her:

Where will you go?
A thousand miles from your home
Up above, you radio down
you talk about the world that you spin around

Whereever you go
I hope that you're in control
looking up, I send you my love
as you draw lines between the stars above

Feel free to use them, change them around, or ignore all of these ideas haha. But for real, great work on this track. Looking forward to hearing more!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 02:08:44 PM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx