gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680847 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 01:48:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: beach boys and wallgreens pharmacy commercial  (Read 3240 times)
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2017, 11:52:32 PM »

Just saw this on TV tonite.. Anybody seen this.? Shows 2 middle aged women.. Getting scripts then heading down to the beach.. Interesting thing is the ORIGINAL backing track to California Girls is  playing in background..!! To my knowledge this has never been done before.. The original backing track and no vocals.. Interesting..
rickymyfataar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 01:48:59 AM »

Would love to see it. I know that an instrumental version of  Cal girls was used in Seindfeld although I can't remember if that was the original backing track.
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 03:34:35 AM »

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,22918.0.html

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/A7LR/walgreens-carpe-med-diem
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 04:57:49 AM »

Sickening juxtaposition, it oughtta be a crime.

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 07:20:35 AM »

For better or worse, the days of accomplishing something by protesting BB songs appearing in commercials passed a few decades ago. They were actively involved in the enterprise back in the 80s ("Sunkist Vibrations" or however that jingle went).

I still think the biggest surprise is that it took *decades* for the 409 spray bottle cleaner to use the BB song "409" in their commercials.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 07:26:46 AM »

Just saw this on TV tonite.. Anybody seen this.? Shows 2 middle aged women.. Getting scripts then heading down to the beach.. Interesting thing is the ORIGINAL backing track to California Girls is  playing in background..!! To my knowledge this has never been done before.. The original backing track and no vocals.. Interesting..

Middle aged? Those two women are post retirement.
AKA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 01:07:55 PM »

Is that Tina Fey doing the voiceover? Sure sounds like her.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 01:11:46 PM »

Is that Tina Fey doing the voiceover? Sure sounds like her.

She is listed as an actor in the ad on the page linked above. Her involvement makes this commercial even more random than it already is Grin

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 06:10:20 PM »

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 06:20:18 PM »

For better or worse, the days of accomplishing something by protesting BB songs appearing in commercials passed a few decades ago. They were actively involved in the enterprise back in the 80s ("Sunkist Vibrations" or however that jingle went).

I still think the biggest surprise is that it took *decades* for the 409 spray bottle cleaner to use the BB song "409" in their commercials.

"Accomplishing something"? Just saw it myself on the evening news and am fired up, those days are never over. It was more innocent in those early days also, not quite the massive corporate sleazef--k it is now. More subversive also to just have the sparkling backing track lurking in the background over super-slick, superficially innocuous visual content, rather than at least re-writing the lyric a la Sunkist Good Vibrations. Some would argue the reverse, but IMO this is ten times more disgusting.

It doesn't help matters that I used to work at Walgreen's and observed their MO up close, such as merging with British Boots and in an "inversion" trying to establish headquarters in England to cheat their US tax burden, and, when publicly called on it by Obama, rather that contritely admitting ethics-based remorse, the CEO flippantly remarking "we couldn't find a way to make it work."

Also, stubbornly and greedily refusing to take cleaning products with harmful chemical content off the shelf, even after CVS, Wal-Mart and Target had already done so.

Perfect example of the insidious, avaricious, filthy rich (Fortune 100) modern corporation. Hands off out sacred musical treasures, and boo to whomever was responsible for licensing the track to them.

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 06:50:08 PM »

Pretty sure this commercial has been on for years...
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx