gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:41:21 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys album review coming soon!  (Read 1569 times)
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2017, 08:07:40 AM »

I just want to give everyone a heads up on my youtube project. I recently was searching for other Beach Boys album reviews and there aren't a lot. No one has reviewed them all on youtube that I have seen. So I thought I would do it. As of right now everything is on a note pad. I have notes for every album through Keepin the Summer Alive. Only 3 left, then should have the videos up in the next month.

If anyone has any ideas to include in the reviews let me know! I will be giving an over all back ground of the album, I will review the front cover, each song with the most complex scoring system to review songs you will ever see. I don't want to give that formula out now in case I procrastinate and someone steels my idea. Smiley. I will say who wrote the songs and the lead singer(s). I also grade the flow of the songs as a whole. I then take an average with the songs being the main part of the equation. I will have an intro video that explains my formula followed by one video for ech album.

Hopefully, you will see them soon. Still, give me some ideas if you wish. Also any copyright laws I need to be aware of?

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 08:15:28 AM »

I think you should be covered under fair use laws. I'm no lawyer though...

I'm excited to see your video though!
Scaroline No
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 08:21:55 AM »

Great idea!

I don't know if this is something you'd want to include, but I think a little bit of historical context in terms of what was happening with the band during the recording of the albums is interesting, since the band drama is so much a part of the music, for better or for worse.

(And now here is where I admit that I'm a total nerd and I keep a spreadsheet with all the albums (cover, track listings, etc) and my own personal thoughts about each one, including the historical context, LOL. Maybe I'm not the only one who does this after all? Anyway, it's for my eyes only so it would be great to see someone do this for real! I can't wait to compare notes Smiley )
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 01:37:35 PM »

Great idea!

I don't know if this is something you'd want to include, but I think a little bit of historical context in terms of what was happening with the band during the recording of the albums is interesting, since the band drama is so much a part of the music, for better or for worse.

(And now here is where I admit that I'm a total nerd and I keep a spreadsheet with all the albums (cover, track listings, etc) and my own personal thoughts about each one, including the historical context, LOL. Maybe I'm not the only one who does this after all? Anyway, it's for my eyes only so it would be great to see someone do this for real! I can't wait to compare notes Smiley )

Yes absolutely. I was going to include every engineer and manager as well but decided to stick with the big names because some names have become difficult to track down. I don't have a hard copy for every album either so certain information that I was going to share I will tell people to buy it if they are interested in all those details. Also who did album designs. I thought I would find a lot of this info would be on Wikipedia but not for most of the albums. Anyway that might be boring for most people anyway. Razz

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 01:42:06 PM »

I'll tune in! Looking forward to it.

Every wave is new until it breaks.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 02:30:32 PM »

Just a little update on my project, this has proven to be more difficult than I had imagined. Especially in the presentation. I am trying to be natural but it has come across boring. So I am rerecording some. I want to make quality videos so it isn't a waste of time. I am not giving up. And I am not a perfectionist either. Hopefully I can present something passable. Smiley

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx