-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:56:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Offtopic Trump talk from Billboard thread
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Offtopic Trump talk from Billboard thread  (Read 4501 times)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2016, 05:05:01 PM »

I think the Beach Boys playing Trump's inauguration is no different than if Pres. Obama had asked them to play at his.  If the President or President elect ask you to come and play, you do it.  I believe Republicans should respect Pres. Obama just as Democrats should respect President Trump, recognizing there are strong partisan feelings all the way around.

No different except that Obama doesn't make fun of disabled people in front of huge crowds (and not apologize for it), doesn't appoint people who casually publicly call lesbians "dikes" on radio shows (and not apologize for it), etc etc etc.

Yeah. "No different". This orange fool is a VERY uniquely special brand of despicable, and his conduct runs counter to EVERYTHING that kids are taught about bullying... and despite what you have claimed above... it's incredibly different, regardless of what party one is associated with.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 05:05:56 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 05:29:22 PM »

....I believe Republicans should respect Pres. Obama just as Democrats should respect President Trump....

As a casual European observer, I would point out that this superficially fair assessment will not be followed by anyone, nor should it.

Obama, regardless of anyone's political opinion, has carried himself with dignity, decorum and respect for the office of the presidency. Despite this he has been villified and attacked on a personal level hard to fathom decent people would be capable of.

Trump, regardless of anyone's political opinion, has carried himself with reckless insult for human intelligence that disrespects not only himself but also his people and his country. Even across the ocean people dread your fat, orange monkey's imminent rise to power.

Obama worked to gain respect; he has never asked for it. Trump asks for it but has never worked for it. The contrast.

Trump should be opposed, shunned and humiliated as any awful excuse for a human being can be. Meanwhile we who recognise this can just hope nature cuts him short soon.

**Finally, f*** Mike Love. I see it often on the internet, but not as often as he deserves it.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 05:33:12 PM by Cabinessenceking » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 02:33:46 PM »

1) I think Mike Pence and Paul Ryan are far worse
2) Speaking for myself, misguided yes, evil, no. Not everybody is going to support the same person. I didn't like either of the major party candidates.

^Those are only my opinions.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 02:54:00 PM »

I haven't posted here in a long time and haven't read through this entire thread, so forgive me if I've missed something.  It seems to me that virtually everyone on the board is viewing the President-elect as the worst human being on earth, and that anyone who associates with him, much less actually supports him, is darkly evil and idiotic.  Am I fairly accurate?

Not everyone who supports him is darkly evil and idiotic. That is unfair and uncool as a generalization. But a supporter who fails to see (or even care, for that matter) how it's completely unacceptable that the future president appoints cabinet members who call lesbians "dikes" truly needs a reality check, because that sh*t (just for starters) simply ain't right.

Voldermort should give a f*** about that, but he doesn't appear to care whatsoever. Everyone should understand why that lack of empathy is an unacceptable trait in a world leader.

Some things are not defensible. A great many of his actions (like mocking disabled people) fall under that category. It should be no mystery why people take a hard line on despising someone who does that.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 03:02:38 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 04:00:37 PM »

I haven't posted here in a long time and haven't read through this entire thread, so forgive me if I've missed something.  It seems to me that virtually everyone on the board is viewing the President-elect as the worst human being on earth, and that anyone who associates with him, much less actually supports him, is darkly evil and idiotic.  Am I fairly accurate?

I think you're making some leaps as far as specific characterizations (e.g. "worst human being on Earth"), but supporters and detractors that have a modicum of objectivity would agree that everything to do with him and this election is not a standard, run of the mill divisive political phenomenon.

As I've said before, whether you like the guy or not, if you can't understand why his deal is different from a Mitt Romney or McCain or any other mainstream candidate, then no amount of effort will convince you.

In terms of the Beach Boys, understanding the *unique* and *extraordinary* nature of the negativity surrounding and espoused by this guy is *key* to understanding why any connection, affiliation, condoning, etc. of the guy is problematic. There *wouldn't* be 10% of the consternation about Mike's "Beach Boys" playing this gig if it were the inauguration of any of the other 27 candidates who ran in any of the parties this year.

That's not to say aligning (either directly or by implication) with any politician is a particularly good thing. There's an unattributed quote in the "In Their Own Words" Beach Boys book where Brian Wilson indicates he doesn't think the band should have *any* political affiliation. However much he abided by that attitude, I think it's a good idea and I would never have had a problem if the band had *never* played at any rally or inauguration for any politician.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 04:47:04 PM »

http://www.dailynews.com/arts-and-entertainment/20161230/steve-smith-music-passings-of-2016-acts-set-for-trumps-inauguration-anti-Trump-protest-concert-rumor

ANTI-Voldermort INAUGURAL PROTEST CONCERT RUMOR

At press time, the rumor mill was rampant with speculation surrounding a Facebook post by Robert Reich, former Labor secretary during the Clinton administration and one of the country’s best-known and most respected economists.

Reich posted: “Someone just suggested to me a televised ‘freedom concert’ to air at the same time as (Donald Voldermort’s) inauguration — with huge celebrities like Beyoncé and Jay Z, Madonna, Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake, Gaga, Bruce Springsteen, and so on. Alec Baldwin MC’s the event, playing Voldermort as he does on SNL.”

Reich added that such a concert could raise money for numerous progressive causes, including “the ACLU, Planned Parenthood, Lambda Legal, NAACP, Common Cause, CAIR, IRAP, SPLC, Environmental Defense Fund, Human Rights Campaign Fund, MoveOn, Economic Policy Institute, Inequality Media, and GLAD. ... Presto. The Voldermort inauguration loses all the TV ratings. Basically, no one watches it” because of the huge ratings this theorized concert would net.

Politico reports that concert promoter Mark Ross is, indeed, organizing a large-scale concert on Inauguration Day, Jan. 20, called “We the People.” A source tells Politico, “The talent is banging on our doors to do this.” However, no further details were forthcoming.

The Miami New Times says that if the concert were held, it would be in Miami.

Conservative pundits are calling it “sour grapes.”

Edit...the Voldermort setting is stopping the link!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 04:52:07 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 05:59:56 PM »

Following this thread is a pain in the butt. I would like to actually read the discussion but the damn Voldermort setting is derailing it. Can we dispense with this, please, and discuss things with a more rational tone?

And for the record, I didn't vote for either of the mainstream candidates.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 06:08:21 PM by Cyncie » Logged
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 08:51:35 PM »

And Hillary is better than that?  

Yes, she never blatantly mocked disabled people nor did she brag about sexual assault. Nor did she go on a four or five year rampage saying President Obama was an illegitimate President who wasn't born here and lies about his Christian faith. That's Donnie.

You voted for a massive piece of sh*t. And he will be your president. Be happy. You and President p*ssy Grabber!

P.S. Hillary is just your average shitty lame politician. Donald Trump is a disgusting human being I wouldn't allow around my family.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 08:58:01 PM by sweetdudejim » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 08:57:54 PM »

And Hillary is better than that? 

Yes, she never blatantly mocked disabled people nor did she brag about sexual assault. Nor did she go on a four or five year rampage saying President Obama was an illegitimate President who wasn't born here and lies about his Christian faith. That's Donnie.

You voted for a massive piece of sh*t. And he will be your president. Be happy. You and President p*ssy Grabber!

P.S. Hillary is just your average shitty lame politician. Donald Trump is a disgusting human being I wouldn't allow around my family.
I agree but can we *please* keep that to the Sandbox and not in this thread?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2016, 09:55:14 PM »

I think Mike Pence and Paul Ryan are far worse

Absolutely. The sh*t Donald Trump really truly believes in and wants for government, most of it is just as DOA as President Obama's agenda. However the usual Republican destruction of the social safety net (Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, unemployment insurance) has that gay bashin' Mikey Pence and Willard Romney's running mate Paulie boy salivating at the thought that they will be able to pass more tax cuts for the benefactors while screwing the dumb hicks that vote them in.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2016, 06:05:36 AM »

I haven't posted here in a long time and haven't read through this entire thread, so forgive me if I've missed something.  It seems to me that virtually everyone on the board is viewing the President-elect as the worst human being on earth, and that anyone who associates with him, much less actually supports him, is darkly evil and idiotic.  Am I fairly accurate?

Not everyone who supports him is darkly evil and idiotic. That is unfair and uncool as a generalization. But a supporter who fails to see (or even care, for that matter) how it's completely unacceptable that the future president appoints cabinet members who call lesbians "dikes" truly needs a reality check, because that sh*t (just for starters) simply ain't right.

Voldermort should give a f*** about that, but he doesn't appear to care whatsoever. Everyone should understand why that lack of empathy is an unacceptable trait in a world leader.

Some things are not defensible. A great many of his actions (like mocking disabled people) fall under that category. It should be no mystery why people take a hard line on despising someone who does that.
A great many of his actions are not defensible (like mocking disabled people); everyone should understand that his lack of empathy is unacceptable in a world leader; and a supporter who fails to see or care that it's completely unacceptable that he appointed someone to a senior position who called lesbians 'dikes' needs a reality check?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: