gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:05:01 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beatles Survivor #4 Winner!: NO REPLY  (Read 33943 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2016, 01:02:16 PM »

Here we go again... Roll Eyes

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2016, 01:05:56 PM »

What's that for? In any Beatles bio, it says that Paul's written "Every little thing".

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2016, 01:09:26 PM »

This is what confused me:

Paul's written "Every little thing" & "What You're Doing". John sings his song.

You mention two songs in the first half of your post. The second half makes a statement in the singular without specifying which of the two you are talking about. As you said, it doesn't really matter.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2016, 01:14:28 PM »

Well I thought it was obvious which song I meant as we know these Beatles songs so I didn't bother to specify.

You know & said as such that "What You're Doing" is Paul vocal, then what's left is "Every Little Thing" to which I referred. I don't know why it must be repeated. I thought it was clear as day which song I meant.

So we get back to my earlier post - "Paul's written "Every Little Thing" & "What You're Doing". John sings his song".

There is NO evidence that John's written chorus in "Every Little Thing". I read elsewhere, in any Beatles book, that Paul is a sole songwriter.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 01:25:50 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2016, 01:37:50 PM »

Let's get back to "Mr. Moonlight" - I love it, always have.  Great Lennon vocal.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2016, 01:46:02 PM »

I love the vocal. Just don't like the song.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2016, 01:47:57 PM »

Well I thought it was obvious which song I meant as we know these Beatles songs so I didn't bother to specify.

You know & said as such that "What You're Doing" is Paul vocal, then what's left is "Every Little Thing" to which I referred. I don't know why it must be repeated. I thought it was clear as day which song I meant.

So we get back to my earlier post - "Paul's written "Every Little Thing" & "What You're Doing". John sings his song".

There is NO evidence that John's written chorus in "Every Little Thing". I read elsewhere, in any Beatles book, that Paul is a sole songwriter.

Yes, anyway....

I agree with feelsflow, Mr. Moonlight has always been one I love because of lennon's vocal work. It's not in my top three for the album, but I certainly don't qualoify it has awful. lol
KDS
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2016, 01:55:51 PM »

I never really understood the dislike for Mr. Moonlight.  I always thought it was underrated.  Great vocals, and the organ is great. 
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2016, 02:21:03 PM »

Just went over to youtube to find a clip for it.  Amazingly, many of the For Sale tracks aren't there!

All I could find was the Star Club version:  https://youtu.be/4dy-qfbGgZQ
Lennon screws with the lyrics - still a great vocal

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2016, 02:33:37 PM »

Just went over to youtube to find a clip for it.  Amazingly, many of the For Sale tracks aren't there!

There's tight control over internet access to Beatles product.
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2016, 04:01:49 PM »

"Mr Moonlight" has to be the first to go.

Try dropping two of the lesser covers and replace with the concurrent single "I Feel Fine" b/w "She's A Woman." You'll get a truly great album in return. Speaking of covers, Ringo's take on "Matchbox" would have been 1000X times better than "Mr Moonlight", the worst Beatles tune ever.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2016, 01:13:52 AM »

Honey Don't play this song
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2016, 03:05:06 PM »

Welcome back to the fight to survive!

The MANIA continues!!!!

Beatles for Sale is the fourth studio album by the English rock band the Beatles, released on 4 December 1964 in the United Kingdom and produced by George Martin for Parlophone. The album marked a minor turning point in the evolution of the Lennon–McCartney partnership, John Lennon particularly now showing interest in composing songs of a more autobiographical nature. "I'm a Loser" shows Lennon for the first time coming under the influence of Bob Dylan, whom he met in New York while on tour, on 28 August 1964.

Beatles for Sale did not produce a single for the UK – the non-album tracks "I Feel Fine" and "She's a Woman" performed that role. Nevertheless, that coupling was followed up in the United States by "Eight Days a Week", which became their seventh number one in March 1965. In Australia, the only-ever non-original Beatles single (either side) went to Number One: Chuck Berry's "Rock and Roll Music" backed with Carl Perkins' "Honey, Don't", which held the summit for four weeks.

The album hit the UK number one spot and retained that position for 11 of the 46 weeks that it spent in the Top 20. Beatles for Sale did not surface as a regular album in the US until 1987. In its place was Beatles '65 which featured eight songs from Beatles for Sale, plus the A and B-side of "I Feel Fine" and "I'll Be Back" from the UK's A Hard Day's Night album. Beatles '65 enjoyed a nine-week run at the top of the US charts from January 1965.

6 smilers decided a total eclipse of Mr. Moonlight was the right move. (13 votes total)

Per the usual, vote for your LEAST FAVORITE TRACK!!!

Vote tally will be on January 2.

No Reply
I'm A Loser
Baby's In Black
Rock and Roll Music
I'll Follow The Sun
Kansas City/Hey, Hey, Hey!
Eight Days A Week
Words of Love
Honey Don't
Every Little Thing
I Don't Want To Spoil The Party
What You're Doing
Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby

Round#1 Mr. Moonlight December 30

First round is an easy one for me (which means it will be voted off in round#8, if past Survivors are any indication.  LOL ).

A cover. A cover of a song that wasn't that great to begin with.

A cover where Paul's voice isn't up to the task.

For the second round in a row: Kansas City/Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey!

Vote!
bluesno1fann
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2016, 03:12:19 PM »

Honey Don't
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2016, 03:15:38 PM »

honey dont

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
SMiLE-addict
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2016, 03:19:02 PM »

Might as well vote for Honey Don't also.
SMiLE-addict
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2016, 03:22:19 PM »

There's tight control over internet access to Beatles product.
In the absence of actual Beatles product available on Youtube, I've been checking out "The Beats" versions, which are extremely accurate covers by what's considered the best of the Beatles tribute bands:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+beats
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2016, 03:24:10 PM »

Honey Don't.

The weak link of the album here is the pretty standard covers.

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
SMiLE-addict
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2016, 03:31:37 PM »

Try dropping two of the lesser covers and replace with the concurrent single "I Feel Fine" b/w "She's A Woman."
This. Can't believe those two songs didn't make it on an album.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2016, 03:59:53 PM »

Honey Don't.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2016, 06:07:05 PM »

I can see 'honey dont' getting the boot, but I still like it MORE than.....

'Kansas City/Hey Hey'.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2016, 07:29:50 PM »

Might as well vote for Honey Don't also.
Yes, will join too. "Honey don't".

KDS
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2016, 08:20:36 PM »

Kansas City
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2016, 09:16:54 AM »

"Kansas City/Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey!"

Adult Child
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2017, 09:35:49 AM »

This is really hard, but I choose

Honey Don't

"In my opinion it makes Pet Sounds stink - that's how good it is!" - Dennis Wilson

"Our records were really very good. We're very talented and we know how to do what we do." - Carl Wilson

"The thing is, I'm just pooping along. Some people buzz along. I poop along. I just can't help it; that's the way I am. I'm just a pooper." - Brian Wilson
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx