gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:58:26 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Facebook friend request from a Beach Boy?  (Read 2985 times)
Myra
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 25, 2016, 08:43:58 PM »

I received a Facebook request from Brian Wilson last month. I don't know if his Facebook page real or fake. Although I accepted the request, I am trying to take it with a grain of lot salt.  I was thinking about reporting it but I didn't want to be hasty at this time.  I know there are a lot of phonies out there pretending to be a celebrity.  So I'm going to continue to observe.

Be kind to the people you meet on the way up because you will meet the same people on the way down.

Ralph Kramden.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 09:44:24 PM »

It's not real. I got a similar request a while back.
Myra
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 09:57:08 PM »

I was very convinced mainly due to the timing of the conversation and the events that take place.  Why would someone want to waste time pretending to be someone else especially a celebrity? 

Be kind to the people you meet on the way up because you will meet the same people on the way down.

Ralph Kramden.
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 07:46:47 AM »

I am FB friends with Matt Jardine. I know it's him because he posts a lot of personal tour photos. Does that count?
Myra
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 09:10:27 AM »

Nope. The situation is different with Brian Wilson.

Ralph Kramden.
The_Beach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 08:17:22 AM »

I has something like that a while ago! It is fake and also tried to scam me out of $500.  LOL
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 08:23:24 AM »

I has something like that a while ago! It is fake and also tried to scam me out of $500.  LOL

What reason did he give for wanting the $500?

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 09:14:25 AM »

My girlfriend received a friend request from "Brian Wilson" last month. We knew it was fake obviously. "Brian" messaged my girlfriend "thank you for being a fan. I try to please you as often as I can. You are so pretty etc. etc" I think we all know that Brian doesn't work that way.
Myra
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2016, 10:02:40 AM »

Brian usually says to a young lady that she is so pretty. A young woman interviewed him at the Hollywood bowl. She was also a performer but I forgot her name. Brian told her at the end of the interview that she was so pretty.

Ralph Kramden.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2016, 10:10:16 AM »

It was Zooey Deshanel, not smb. in facebook.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2016, 10:37:15 AM »

Brian usually says to a young lady that she is so pretty. A young woman interviewed him at the Hollywood bowl. She was also a performer but I forgot her name. Brian told her at the end of the interview that she was so pretty.

Yes I can see Brian saying that in person to a pretty lady.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 10:38:32 AM by Mike Garneau » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 10:47:26 AM »

"In person" is the key.

Myra, if you're told by several people here it's fake, that means it's fake. You said yourself that there's "a lot of phonies out there pretending to be a celebrity". Then that's settled. Unfriend him, what's the big deal.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2016, 10:53:04 AM »

My girlfriend received a friend request from "Brian Wilson" last month. We knew it was fake obviously. "Brian" messaged my girlfriend "thank you for being a fan. I try to please you as often as I can. You are so pretty etc. etc" I think we all know that Brian doesn't work that way.

Correct.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Myra
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2016, 04:08:03 PM »

It was Zooey Deshanel, not smb. in facebook.

Thank you. I was too busy at work to verify her name. It was in the back of my head though.

Ralph Kramden.
Myra
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2016, 04:09:26 PM »

Me too. Brian likes pretty.

Ralph Kramden.
Myra
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2016, 04:12:28 PM »

"In person" is the key.

Myra, if you're told by several people here it's fake, that means it's fake. You said yourself that there's "a lot of phonies out there pretending to be a celebrity". Then that's settled. Unfriend him, what's the big deal.

I don't always have to go what people say to get the right answer although it can help.  Many people giving same information and advice can be wrong too.  I take what other people say into account and then I use my own judgment.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 04:16:42 PM by Myra » Logged

Ralph Kramden.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx