gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:16:48 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Billboard: "Beach Boys" Considering Invitation to Perform at Trump Inauguration  (Read 109302 times)
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2016, 07:22:28 PM »

I'm getting the feeling that many people in this thread are liberals which is just a shorthand of saying hysterical people with no political understanding very little formal education and who read a couple of selected websites like moveon.org or read the guardian rag magazine and have hatred for Trump who is already doing an outstanding job in leading this country and will do more for women and more for minorities and more for the gay community than all the brain-dead Liberals combined that have tried to lead this country of late .  I don't like to get angry or unkind here but I'm so frustrated with the moral self-righteousness of snarky liberals who pay no attention to the real actions and accomplishments of the president-elect and just go with the crowd from things they have heard from other uninformed and barely educated people who live only for hate and snark. I would be thrilled if the Patriotic Beach Boys would put country first and would perform which is not a political act but an act of patriotism and unity. I thought the motto on the left was stronger together wasn't it? There is nothing more intolerant and hate-filled than a leftist American liberal.

American Liberals are an elite academic cast who are capable only in performing in a snarky way what they call social justice and I am very disappointed that the level of intellectual depth in this thread, which is equivalent to that of someone like Samantha Bee on television. I am one of the intellectuals for Trump and like him I have liberal social policies and I believe in protection and prosperity and have seen nothing but failure in the Obama years.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2016, 07:23:01 PM »

The BB will get made fun of for sure and criticized, but their legacy isn't exactly spotless anyway.  They've always made bad decisions, it's really nothing new. They get made fun of for Kokomo, Full House, being willing to do whatever it takes for a few extra bucks, cheesy outfits. This just fits right in. In fact, I would bet it wouldn't surprise most of the John Q. Publics anyway. They expect this stuff from Mike and the BB.

Just because people expect it doesn't mean it needs to happen. It's like we're all not surprised when Mike acts like a child and throws a lawsuit at the Wilson's but we still think he's an even bigger jackass after every time he does it.

These are the Beach Boys that I defend when people do mention the embarrassing Full House visits (has happened numerous times with me, can imagine countless more with other fans), when people see pictures of Mike in his ridiculous get-ups from the 70s. When Kokomo gets mentioned sometimes with a laugh. And now I'll be having to defend who the REAL Beach Boys are if Mike decides to go through with this nonsense.

Leave the Beach Boys out of the poltical arena. Hey Mike, I have an idea: how about you go do an inauguration concert under your own name?

But then, what would one expect from a jackass who relished showing off his manhood on stage? His ego knows no bounds. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

No it doesn't. And the more I think about the more I think Trump would love to have AMERICA'S BAND play the inauguration. Fits perfectly with his slogan.

I wonder what the folks on the Mike Love coddled Pet Sounds Forum have to say about this one...

America's Band?  It will be more like Murikkka's Prostate Gland.

And people wonder why there was always such a distaste for Mike's side of things....I mean if the lawsuits, the snide comments in the media, refusal to really acknowledge his cousin's current music, etc didn't make it obvious....this inauguration fiasco certainly should!

No matter what your political affiliation you can see what a colossal screwup this is. Given all the ins and outs of BRI, all the potential hazards, the estates, it would be obvious to a person with an IQ of 20 to say "NO" from the very start.

The amount of people who have been willing to defend Mike Love to naysayers will shrivel greatly.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2016, 07:33:01 PM »

It be a disaster for the band's legacy.

Sadly, Mike's craving for attention and publicity will pull him to do it.

I hope BRI intervenes as it will kill revenue. For example, film makers will stop licensing their songs.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2016, 07:36:54 PM »

I'm getting the feeling that many people in this thread are liberals which is just a shorthand of saying hysterical people with no political understanding very little formal education and who read a couple of selected websites like moveon.org or read the guardian rag magazine and have hatred for Trump who is already doing an outstanding job in leading this country and will do more for women and more for minorities and more for the gay community than all the brain-dead Liberals combined that have tried to lead this country of late .  I don't like to get angry or unkind here but I'm so frustrated with the moral self-righteousness of snarky liberals who pay no attention to the real actions and accomplishments of the president-elect and just go with the crowd from things they have heard from other uninformed and barely educated people who live only for hate and snark. I would be thrilled if the Patriotic Beach Boys would put country first and would perform which is not a political act but an act of patriotism and unity. I thought the motto on the left was stronger together wasn't it? There is nothing more intolerant and hate-filled than a leftist American liberal.

American Liberals are an elite academic cast who are capable only in performing in a snarky way what they call social justice and I am very disappointed that the level of intellectual depth in this thread, which is equivalent to that of someone like Samantha Bee on television. I am one of the intellectuals for Trump and like him I have liberal social policies and I believe in protection and prosperity and have seen nothing but failure in the Obama years.

All due respect, go f*** yourself.

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2016, 08:24:41 PM »

I'm getting the feeling that many people in this thread are liberals which is just a shorthand of saying hysterical people with no political understanding very little formal education and who read a couple of selected websites like moveon.org or read the guardian rag magazine and have hatred for Trump who is already doing an outstanding job in leading this country and will do more for women and more for minorities and more for the gay community than all the brain-dead Liberals combined that have tried to lead this country of late .  I don't like to get angry or unkind here but I'm so frustrated with the moral self-righteousness of snarky liberals who pay no attention to the real actions and accomplishments of the president-elect and just go with the crowd from things they have heard from other uninformed and barely educated people who live only for hate and snark. I would be thrilled if the Patriotic Beach Boys would put country first and would perform which is not a political act but an act of patriotism and unity. I thought the motto on the left was stronger together wasn't it? There is nothing more intolerant and hate-filled than a leftist American liberal.

All due respect, go f*** yourself.

I have to agree with RR here Professor!

First you say liberals have "very little formal education" in para 1 and and in para 2 American liberals "are an elite academic cast". You sound as buffoonish as our President-Elect IMO.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2016, 08:27:11 PM »

Go f*** yourself with that attitude. You're done here, you intolerant prick. If you're an intellectual,  then I'm Jennifer Aniston.  
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 09:35:54 PM by ♩♬☮ Dude Where's My Frog?! ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
doinnothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2016, 08:28:51 PM »

These are good points, and I really appreciate you taking the time to post them.

For me, while I truly agree with you in so many ways, I think we have to expect that everyone who knows there's something wrong stand up a little taller than feels comfortable. At Brian's last Hollywood Bowl show, after multiple recent police shootings, I remember him closing with a Love & Mercy that featured the altered lyrics: "A lot of people out there gettin' shot and it really scares me". That was, by far, one of the most powerful moments I've ever heard him in concert. It wasn't overtly political in it's stance, but rather politically emotional, connecting to the feeling.

I don't need him to launch some crusade against Donald Trump, but if he can't weigh in on his legacy being used to normalize someone who talks about a Muslim registry becoming our leader, well that really scares me.

I don't begrudge others for not sharing that feeling, but that's how I feel.

If he stands up against it, I will continue to support his solo work. If he doesn't, then that's it for him too in my book. That's not something I say lightly. I went to his most recent Hollywood Bowl show, went to a screening of Love & Mercy where he spoke, got to ask him a question in the Q&A here, but if Mike goes through with it and Brian doesn't issue a statement saying he disagrees, I'll have to boycott him as well. In times like this, silence might not be approval, but it's the closest thing to it.

I LOVE The Beach Boys. Have bought 100s, maybe 1000s of dollars worth of albums, concert tickets, and merchandise.

Two days ago I was taking solace from the daily pain I feel from Trump's election by arranging all the song on every Beach Boys album in order of my love for it. The Beach Boys were the only thing that could ease my anxiety.

If they perform at the inauguration, I will never give them a dime ever again. I don't care if they find a vintage completed SMiLE, a 6 disc set of demos from the Bellagio studio, or if they reunite again to play a show at Paradise Cove, they will never get a cent out of me. Not even if they pass and it becomes simply their estate and just benefits their children.

They do this, and I'm through with them.

Surely this doesn't include solo Brian Wilson and all that?

Brian Wilson is the guy that loves everybody and it has shown through his actions as a person and as a songwriter. To completely disown the guy if he doesn't give a statement is overlooking not only Brian's beautiful contributions to the world, but his own personal struggles with speaking out and facing conflict.

Brian didn't cause this. I'm sure if Mike is actually serious about going on with this charade that the powers that be will put a rightful stop to it.

Boycotting the Beach Boys and Brian Wilson's MUSIC does a disservice to not only Brian but to future generations who could love that music. Imagine a world where everyone boycotted this beautiful music. Boycott the man responsible for this nonsense, not the people who have struggled since day one dealing with the man himself.

The music doesn't deserve that. All the work Brian has done to bring a ray of light into the world doesn't deserve that.

took me a while to understand what was going on in this thread. mainly because i thought that veggie was a bokchoy
Fro
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2016, 08:54:41 PM »

They should show up and intentionally play the worst set they could possibly play (several songs from "Summer in Paradise", Brian can rap "Smart Girls" and do some of his weirdest stuff).

Then they should blame the Democrats for sabotaging their performance and the media for a day or two before revealing it was all a setup.
doinnothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2016, 09:07:48 PM »

I'm sorry you feel hated. I don't hate you. We disagree politically. It sounds like we both think the stakes are very high, but it doesn't mean I'm willing to engage in anything bordering on hate.

took me a while to understand what was going on in this thread. mainly because i thought that veggie was a bokchoy
send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2016, 09:08:35 PM »

Let's talk about Trump University, Pepe memes, sherriff's stars, a retweet with false statistics that 85% of whites are murdered by blacks (it's really 15%), Steve Bannon, the alt-right conference in Washington, "blood coming out of her wherever" and "you have to treat (women) like sh*t", an utterly inexperienced and homophobic cabinet, and Hair Furor's promise to overturn marriage equality on day one, "Professor."
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 09:13:43 PM by send me a picture and i'll tell you » Logged

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2016, 09:23:02 PM »

He's gone so it's a moot point now. Talk about hate filled...sheesh.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2016, 09:28:36 PM »

It's okay to tell other members to die?

Every wave is new until it breaks.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2016, 09:37:48 PM »

No..I edited that out. I let my anger overrule my judgement on that wording. Shouldn't have happened.  That said, that's not a literal wish of death but rather just a go to hell type thing.

SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2016, 12:41:50 AM »

Wow, this guy really is brainwashed by his own agenda. I think this might be the most cynical, condescending, insulting piece of sh*t statements I've ever read on a public forum. The way he describes himself as an intellectual and his writing style makes me think he must be one of the biggest f*ckwits around.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 12:46:15 AM by SamMcK » Logged
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2016, 12:49:27 AM »

I thought he was one of the more well liked guys too, when he was Luther.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2016, 12:58:30 AM »

Noooooooo....Jay, Luther is Captain. Professor was just some Johnny-Came-Lately who was condescending as hell and acted like he knew everything. Two completely different people. sh*t, I like Luther

Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2016, 03:47:19 AM »

i dont see the problem. Maybe because i am european but they did more presidents. Remember Ronald Reagan the actor who became president? Just do it Boys i dont care. I booked my tickets for their european tour already. no sweat.
There's a BIG difference between Ronald Reagan and Führer-elect Trump.

why is Trump a Fuhrer??? The american people  choose him. Stop wyning and get on with your life. in 4 years there is another democratic election...
bluesno1fann
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2016, 03:58:50 AM »

i dont see the problem. Maybe because i am european but they did more presidents. Remember Ronald Reagan the actor who became president? Just do it Boys i dont care. I booked my tickets for their european tour already. no sweat.

why is Trump a Fuhrer??? The american people  choose him. Stop wyning and get on with your life. in 4 years there is another democratic election...
If the American people chose Trump, then he wouldn't have lost the popular vote.... by nearly three million votes
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2016, 04:01:16 AM »

I'm so confused. In the other thread they told me we don't have democratic elections. We have a collage.
Heywood
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2016, 04:08:15 AM »

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/dec/23/beach-boys-donald-trump-inauguration?CMP=share_btn_tw

Being picked up in the mainstream. Saw references on twitter.  Damage will be done soon even if they decline eventually
Heywood
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2016, 04:21:51 AM »

Comments are entertaining

"Not really bothered. They've done nothing of interest or relevance in well over 40 years. Idealistic, creative young world-changers all too often become bitter, money-obsessed right-wing cranks (apart from Mike Love, of course, who was always a wanker...)"

I was told it was just this board who had issues with Mike.  Not quite !!!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 04:23:36 AM by Heywood » Logged
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2016, 04:33:06 AM »

If the American people chose Trump, then he wouldn't have lost the popular vote.... by nearly three million votes

Can we stop with this moronic popular vote argument? If we went by popularity then Hillary won the 2008 primary and Barack Obama never became president - but that isn't the way that system works. Hillary knew about the electoral college going into the race yet she completely disregarded Wisconsin, made far less stops than Trump in key states. Blaming Trump for playing by the rules of the game (regarding the EC) isn't going to get the democrats into the White House in 2020. I implore everyone here to listen to Sam Harris's podcast 'Most Powerful Clown' where he gives factual criticism about Trump (and it is scathing criticism) and calls out democrats for exactly why they lost. It should be heard by every democrat who actually wants a shot at winning another election in this country. Because the name calling, whining about the electoral college, blaming the media, telling people to go f*** themselves sure as hell isn't going to do the democrats any favors in the coming years.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/dec/23/beach-boys-donald-trump-inauguration?CMP=share_btn_tw

Being picked up in the mainstream. Saw references on twitter.  Damage will be done soon even if they decline eventually

Well this is wonderful. If this concert actually happens the best case scenario is that people forget about it as soon as possible. This is one of Mike's most delusional ideas yet. I really wonder why he doesn't just perform under his own name? Oh, because no one would know who the hell he was if he didn't name-flash the Beach Boys name...

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2016, 04:33:53 AM »

Noooooooo....Jay, Luther is Captain. Professor was just some Johnny-Came-Lately who was condescending as hell and acted like he knew everything. Two completely different people. sh*t, I like Luther
sh*t. Sorry Luther/captain!  Grin I knew he changed his name and avi. I thought he changed to the professor and took on a "persona". Oops.  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2016, 04:46:23 AM »

Can we stop with this moronic popular vote argument? If we went by popularity then Hillary won the 2008 primary and Barack Obama never became president - but that isn't the way that system works. Hillary knew about the electoral college going into the race yet she completely disregarded Wisconsin, made far less stops than Trump in key states. Blaming Trump for playing by the rules of the game (regarding the EC) isn't going to get the democrats into the White House in 2020. I implore everyone here to listen to Sam Harris's podcast 'Most Powerful Clown' where he gives factual criticism about Trump (and it is scathing criticism) and calls out democrats for exactly why they lost. It should be heard by every democrat who actually wants a shot at winning another election in this country. Because the name calling, whining about the electoral college, blaming the media, telling people to go f*** themselves sure as hell isn't going to do the democrats any favors in the coming years

Where does that quote "blame Trump for playing by the rules of the game"? It corrects the inaccuracy that the "American people chose Trump" and may imply a criticism of the rules. I don't see Trump being blamed.
And the analogy to the 2008 primaries is inapt. Primaries are a process by which parties choose a candidate - it is not a government election. The general election is a collage.
KDS
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2016, 05:20:11 AM »

He's gone so it's a moot point now. Talk about hate filled...sheesh.

How is what he said hate filled?
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 25 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx