gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:30:40 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Billboard: "Beach Boys" Considering Invitation to Perform at Trump Inauguration  (Read 109304 times)
KDS
« Reply #600 on: January 13, 2017, 01:37:03 PM »

Did you?  Yet you think donald trump is right for America...and the world?  Guess you were wrong...twice.  I wouldn't support that fool with a penny.  How can you be so stuck in your traditionally blind ways?  Repubelickan... ... ...no matter what?  No matter who?

Yep, Lee, I'm wrong because my opinion differs from yours.  I'm stuck in blind ways because I chose Trump over Clinton.  

Get over the "Trump over Clinton" thing.

I don't like a great many things about Hillary either. I probably share many (though likely nowhere near all) of the same issues that you do regarding her.

That doesn't excuse Trump and his cabinet's indefensible actions, like their deafening silence I mentioned in my last post.  

Like I said before, I'll agree to disagree. 

But, you know what CD.  I'll give you credit for at least being civil and respectful though we do not share the same opinions. 
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 13, 2017, 01:37:55 PM »

This thread has gone completely off the rails. Time to light up.  Cool Guy
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 13, 2017, 01:38:27 PM »

Did you?  Yet you think donald trump is right for America...and the world?  Guess you were wrong...twice.  I wouldn't support that fool with a penny.  How can you be so stuck in your traditionally blind ways?  Repubelickan... ... ...no matter what?  No matter who?

Yep, Lee, I'm wrong because my opinion differs from yours.  I'm stuck in blind ways because I chose Trump over Clinton. 

I don't like a great many things about Hillary either. I probably share many (though likely nowhere near all) of the same issues that you do regarding her.

That doesn't excuse Trump and his cabinet's indefensible actions, like their deafening silence I mentioned in my last post. 

But, you know what CD.  I'll give you credit for at least being civil and respectful though we do not share the same opinions. 

I try to stay civil. It's important.

What say you about the deafening silence? No problemo?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #603 on: January 13, 2017, 01:43:58 PM »

Let's keep this on-topic, minus the personal attacks as well.

May all be a moot point anyway, as barring a major change to the lineup, Mike & Bruce's Summertime Beach Band (referred to as "The Beach Boys") are not playing the inauguration.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
KDS
« Reply #604 on: January 13, 2017, 01:44:26 PM »

Did you?  Yet you think donald trump is right for America...and the world?  Guess you were wrong...twice.  I wouldn't support that fool with a penny.  How can you be so stuck in your traditionally blind ways?  Repubelickan... ... ...no matter what?  No matter who?

Yep, Lee, I'm wrong because my opinion differs from yours.  I'm stuck in blind ways because I chose Trump over Clinton. 

Sorry, I actually didn't see your response.  I was distracted by another post.

To be honest, even if they did apologize for saying these things, would it really make a difference?  People are still going to point to it.  In a way, it calls more attention to it.  Should they address it?  Yeah, I think that's a fair point.  
KDS
« Reply #605 on: January 13, 2017, 01:45:42 PM »

May all be a moot point anyway, as barring a major change to the lineup, Mike & Bruce's Summertime Beach Band (referred to as "The Beach Boys") are not playing the inauguration.

Fair enough.  Gonna run errands anyway. 

Have a good weekend everyone. 
doinnothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 13, 2017, 01:51:11 PM »

Bullshit kds.  YOU insult the site.  You insult the Beach Boys.  You insult the fans.  You insult the music.  You insult the legacy.  You insult America.  You insult the world.  You can't see the forest for the trees.  I thought you had your sh*t together.  I was decidedly wrong.  You're entrenched in your hip-waders which are firmly stuck in bullshit basement.

This sh*t should be in the sandbox.  The sandbox at Brian's house was full of dog-sh*t.  This one is firmly 'enriched' with bullshit.  Donald, his save his ass VP choice and that 'love' guy are weighted down with unadulterated sh*t PERIOD.  You want to make this personal?  OK.  You threw yourself onto that 'mound'.  I didn't.  If I was wrong...I'd admit it.  You obviously can't.

I think this crosses a line. I've disagreed pretty strongly with KDS in this thread, but I've always felt like were having a discussion. This is just personal attacks. KDS this doesn't represent my perspective at all.

took me a while to understand what was going on in this thread. mainly because i thought that veggie was a bokchoy
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 13, 2017, 02:00:49 PM »

Sorry, I actually didn't see your response.  I was distracted by another post.

To be honest, even if they did apologize for saying these things, would it really make a difference?  People are still going to point to it.  In a way, it calls more attention to it.  Should they address it?  Yeah, I think that's a fair point.  

Yes, I believe it would absolutely make a difference. Why do you think Nate Parker's career is now basically dead in the water? Because his apparent giant ego got in the way of publicly apologizing/accepting a modicum of responsibly for his actions years earlier, despite PR disaster companies and the studio pleading with Parker to do so. People have a capacity to forgive (somewhat, to a point) if they think the person is being sincere.

Apologies are deafening. That's a fact.

I'm glad you concede they should address it. What you really should connect next is the fact how how a failure to address those things can be felt to be a very toxic thing for a LGBT person impacted by that kind of hateful crap... and what it must be like for them to feel that people in high positions of power cannot even be bothered to address those things, despite widespread public outrage over them. It must feel like a slap in the face.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 13, 2017, 02:02:00 PM »

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/entertainment/2017/01/3-doors-down-to-headline-donald-trump-s-inauguration-party.html
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 13, 2017, 02:05:02 PM »

Favorite quote:

"3 Doors Down fans reacted badly."

Yeah. Both of them.

Please keep in mind the quotes from apparent actual fans of that crap band:

- "Very disappointed you'd support that ignorant pig," one wrote on the band's Facebook page.

-"I like your music and yet will never purchase another album of yours," wrote another.

-"Going home from today to BURN all of your CD's that I have and to delete all of your songs from my iTunes library," wrote a third.

Get ready for similar stuff on a much larger level if The BBs sneak on the bill.

These brilliant musical minds should change their name to 3 Drawers Brown, because they just sh*t the bed.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 02:36:09 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 13, 2017, 02:09:38 PM »

if so add BW/Al's rejection to Mike's bible of grievances... Evil

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 13, 2017, 02:17:38 PM »

People do realize that Clinton has more than her fair share of warts, don't they? 

Perhaps this thread could have been more about "should the Beach Boys affiliate themselves with any one particular political stance"? rather than being an anti-Trump thread.  Maybe things wouldn't have gotten so heated.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #612 on: January 13, 2017, 02:19:49 PM »

People do realize that Clinton has more than her fair share of warts, don't they?  

Perhaps this thread could have been more about "should the Beach Boys affiliate themselves with any one particular political stance"? rather than being an anti-Trump thread.  Maybe things wouldn't have gotten so heated.

1) Yes. Most definitely, yes. I voted for neither.

2) Agreed. Probably would have stayed on topic more too

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 13, 2017, 02:31:30 PM »

Perhaps this thread could have been more about "should the Beach Boys affiliate themselves with any one particular political stance"? rather than being an anti-Trump thread.  Maybe things wouldn't have gotten so heated.

1) Yes. Most definitely, yes. I voted for neither.

2) Agreed. Probably would have stayed on topic more too

As HeyJude has pointed out numerous times, *this specific* candidate is unique in all sorts of ways, which makes it a uniquely different thing as opposed to playing for ANY other major candidate - including Hillary - in the history of this country.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 13, 2017, 02:33:53 PM »

Except, as expressed by several posters above, many of the objections to Trump aren't really to do with what we normally mean by "a political stance." I think many people feel (needless to say, I agree) and have expressed in this thread that the reaction to the inauguration of just about any other current or recent past successful politician, Republican or Democrat, would have, and has, been different.

As I see CD just said simultaneously.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #615 on: January 13, 2017, 02:47:12 PM »

Sorry to offend.  Republican, which I generally deplore, or Democrat, which I begrudgingly, sometimes, prefer...aside.  Wrong is wrong and a uniquely wrong candidate and his choice as a ruiningmate can not be defended.

I've been posting with kds for some years now...and not just here.  We generally agree re: music.  We do not agree re: politics.  I am in favour of the better choice.  He, apparently, is only in favour of his preferred party candidate{s}.  We'll  seldom agree on THAT.  Maybe Dwight David Eisenhower?

The point IS that THIS thread is about that 'love' guy deciding whether or not to perform at the trumpauguration.  It was not a defend dirty donny thread...let alone anything whatsoever to do with his arsewipist running mate 'Adolf' Pence.  Yet...as has often been the case here...the thread gets kidnapped and changed into something else.

No trump.  No Beach Boys.  Ever.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 02:48:57 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 13, 2017, 02:52:56 PM »

Many people actually think Trump is a better choice than Clinton.  And many people actually voted against Clinton because they are tired of "politics as usual".  Trump supporters should be tolerant of Clinton supporters and vice versa.  But tolerance is hard to find these days.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 13, 2017, 02:59:07 PM »

Many people actually think Trump is a better choice than Clinton.  And many people actually voted against Clinton because they are tired of "politics as usual".  Trump supporters should be tolerant of Clinton supporters and vice versa.  But tolerance is hard to find these days.

Right. Like when Trump's cabinet member calls lesbians "dikes" publicly, and refuses to apologize for it.

What was it again you were mentioning about tolerance?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #618 on: January 13, 2017, 03:01:42 PM »

Ok, the Beach Boys part of it is over, so I'm locking this thread.. Please continue this discussion in the Sandbox.

mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 13, 2017, 03:01:59 PM »

I said tolerance is hard to find nowadays, and you proved my point.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #620 on: January 13, 2017, 06:00:13 PM »

I'm taking the last word on this one. Around 1pm I saw the reports start to come in about the performers' list and lineup for the different events on the 19th and 20th and posted the news. Has there been a definitive word from the Beach Boys' organization as in yes we will play or no we will not? Nothing that I have seen. But the point is, as far as keeping things on topic, the actual answer to the topic of this thread was posted and no one bothered to take note of it. And it turned into a free for all removed from the actual topic at hand which people would be asking about since post #1. It's good Billy was here to take care of it a few hours ago, I was away and offline since the news broke and I posted it.

Will they play? Won't they play? If the news reports publishing what the Trump people told them is any indication, the band is not scheduled on any of the events. But will they make a surprise guest appearance? Who the hell knows at this point. I guess the phrase of the day is stay tuned.

But that's it for this one. The politics should stay in the Sandbox, period.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx