gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 09:57:00 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: so Paul McCartney did munch on that celery!  (Read 8263 times)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2016, 06:04:22 PM »

Paul did actually jam with Brian in the studio, but I can't remember if it was during the Smile or Smiley Smile Sessions.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2016, 06:33:34 PM »

I think the whole myth of McCartney not being on there stemmed from Andrew Doe's CommGuide. Hadn't seen anyone else debunk it before or since. Probably one of the few things based on "original" research, which would explain a lot, really.

I'll just say this: having heard all of the SMiLE session tapes that existed in the Capitol or BRI vaults as of 2011...and I mean ALL of them...there was nothing to prove (or disprove, for that matter) Macca joining in on the veggie chomping. And, because we couldn't say he did, we couldn't credit him.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2016, 07:32:17 PM »

I think the whole myth of McCartney not being on there stemmed from Andrew Doe's CommGuide. Hadn't seen anyone else debunk it before or since. Probably one of the few things based on "original" research, which would explain a lot, really.

I'll just say this: having heard all of the SMiLE session tapes that existed in the Capitol or BRI vaults as of 2011...and I mean ALL of them...there was nothing to prove (or disprove, for that matter) Macca joining in on the veggie chomping. And, because we couldn't say he did, we couldn't credit him.

Right, which would be understandable. ... saying it unequivocally did not happen and that it was a myth which required "demolishing " is a different beast entirely 

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
leetwall97
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2016, 09:02:40 PM »

When Paul came to see Brian, he played for him She's Leaving Home, a song on their up-coming album Sgt Pepper. It was upcoming so it couldn't've been during the Smiley Smile sessions (Sgt Pepper was out by then). Can someone pinpoint when Paul visited? Because I'm beginning to wonder which version of Vega-Tables had Paul on Celery, the April or October version (because you certainly don't hear him on the April one).
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 09:03:36 PM by leetwall97 » Logged
B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2016, 10:10:05 PM »

It's been cited as April 10, 1967. She's Leaving Home was recorded in March 1967. I'm not aware of that date being disproven.

Every wave is new until it breaks.
peerke
Smiley Smile Associate

Pom-pi-dom-pi-dom

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2016, 12:23:20 AM »

« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 10:13:27 PM by peerke » Logged
SMiLE-addict
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2016, 06:42:24 PM »

BTW, do we really know if it was just celery? Or maybe were there some carrots involved, too? Inquiring minds want to know! I wonder if Paul remembers.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2016, 06:52:19 PM »

It's been cited as April 10, 1967. She's Leaving Home was recorded in March 1967. I'm not aware of that date being disproven.

AGD doesn't mention a recording session for 'Vega-Tables' on April 10, 1967: http://esquarterly.com/bellagio/gigs67.html

If someone legit like Ian and c-man did research and showed nothing, I'll believe it. If Andrew is just making stuff up (like "Drip Drop" being recorded in 1974, like he had been saying for years before amending it LOL), then, well...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2016, 07:24:22 PM »

It's in C-man's Smile sessionography.  April 10, lead vocal overdub and vegetable chomping.  That's when Paul was in L.A.

However, until the Smile Vegetables was released on the 93 Good Vibrations box set, and later on the Smile Sessions, that Paul munching had never been heard - only the Smiley Smile version which did NOT have Paul on celery had been released.  So those who said Paul wasn't on Vegetables (the Smiley version) were correct.  unless C-man tells us that Brian dubbed the April 10th munching track on the June Smiley version?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2016, 07:30:50 PM »

BTW, do we really know if it was just celery? Or maybe were there some carrots involved, too? Inquiring minds want to know! I wonder if Paul remembers.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2016, 10:59:41 PM »

That's very cute picture but I don't like turnip.

2Bicyclerider: Thanks for the further info.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
SufferingFools
Smiley Smile Associate

Fun is the only thing we still make here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2017, 09:03:28 AM »

It's in C-man's Smile sessionography.  April 10, lead vocal overdub and vegetable chomping.  That's when Paul was in L.A.

However, until the Smile Vegetables was released on the 93 Good Vibrations box set, and later on the Smile Sessions, that Paul munching had never been heard - only the Smiley Smile version which did NOT have Paul on celery had been released.  So those who said Paul wasn't on Vegetables (the Smiley version) were correct.  unless C-man tells us that Brian dubbed the April 10th munching track on the June Smiley version?

Sorry, I'm new to C-man's sessionography.  What is it, an online resource or a book?

"We're getting too much good material.... It's too usable." - BDW, 10/18/66
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2017, 03:55:32 AM »

Sorry, I'm new to C-man's sessionography.  What is it, an online resource or a book?

It's in the deluxe (or super deluxe) box set version of The SMiLE Sessions. Also - I think either Brian or Al has said apples may actually have been used, since they crunch louder. Or, maybe Darian said that about the 2004 version?
SufferingFools
Smiley Smile Associate

Fun is the only thing we still make here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2017, 05:04:01 AM »

It's in the deluxe (or super deluxe) box set version of The SMiLE Sessions. Also - I think either Brian or Al has said apples may actually have been used, since they crunch louder. Or, maybe Darian said that about the 2004 version?

Cool, thanks.  If that's the version with the LP and 5 CD's, then I probably have it!

"We're getting too much good material.... It's too usable." - BDW, 10/18/66
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx