gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 03:24:50 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Audio Surgery Required! Help me reconstruct Wonderful v3  (Read 845 times)
leetwall97
« on: December 01, 2016, 08:21:23 PM »

Hi Guys! I was wondering if you guys could do me a huge favor: I need to get just Carl's vocals from the Smiley Smile version of Wonderful. If a tape of this exists, or if one of you guys could isolate it for me that would help tremendously with my reconstructions of Wonderful version 3!

I've tried using UM18 track 5 but I can't seem to separate the backing track completely. I just need the backing track removed, so even if the toy accordion stays on that's fine! I can work with that.

I've already rebuilt the backing vocals to fit over the whole instrumental track.

Also, I'm using the "Walk Child" CFM piano tag in the song, and (just bouncing off an idea here) I have been thinking about adding those weird talking overdubs from the Smiley Smile version of Wonderful over it. If you guys could isolate those too, that would be great! Might be a taller order, but I think you can use track 3 or 4 on UM18. Those were the first overdubs done on the track.

To me, Wonderful v3 is quite similar to the Final version from Smiley Smile. They have the same mellow feel and slower tempo. I'd imagine the Smiley Smile version of Wonderful can give us a hint as to what Brian wanted to do with version 3. I think the "Na na na na na na naaa"s would've been included (it explains the piano pauses). I also look at the tag in the Smiley Smile version and notice it's similarity to the Vegetables Fade...

So if one of you guys could provide me with those vox it would help tremendously!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 08:35:36 PM by leetwall97 » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx