gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 10:52:35 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did Brian ever choose the wrong takes?  (Read 7402 times)
JanBerryFarm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2016, 05:33:08 PM »

Maybe... but Capital certainly did.

~Hawaiian Shirts Are For Barneys~
hongkongcrowe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2016, 07:30:23 AM »

I hadn't heard the longer alternate version of Meant for You before but I still prefer the released version.  Yes it's a tad short, but as the first cut on an album it's perfect - so simple and to the point.  It's also one of those songs where they make it sound so easy such a tease of a tune of less than a minute leaves you wanting more...
Rotat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2017, 10:06:38 PM »

Great topic idea. I've thought of this occasionally.

I really like take 2 of Hang On To Your Ego. I love that main melody they used. The released version I Know There's An Answer sticks it on at the very end but I just think take 2 sounds really good. I also think Brian should have used "Hang On To Your Ego" lyrics but I know Mike or the other guys didn't like that title.

I don't prefer it, but Mike's lead vocals are really nice on the alternate Please Let Me Wonder

Brian should have raised the piano take in the mix for the first part of She's Goin Bald. Then again there are a lot of confusing things on Smiley Smile

Definitely love the early version of Little Saint Nick (the alternate version of "Drive In") better than the regular version

Also, not really related, but I don't understand how Brian didn't spend more time on "Sandy", but "I'm Bugged At My Ol Man" made the album..

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx