-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:54:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Stone Cold Steve Austin
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stone Cold Steve Austin  (Read 6076 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2016, 11:56:15 AM »

An amazing era in wrestling!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trIs9zDLpxw

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 03:00:43 PM »

I thought this was going to be an RIP because every time I hear an old wrestler's name, it's that he died. (Not a long-lived bunch.)

My fandom was a little earlier, though, so I didn't ever pay attention to him. I was more a mid-80s guy, by my teen years I was out of it.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 03:43:05 PM »

Just rewatching videos of my childhood wrestling era! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 03:45:35 PM »

Mine would have to feature the Road Warriors, Superfly Snuka, Hogan, Andre, Macho Man Savage (and his brother Lanny Poffo, the Poet and/or Leapin'), Rick Rude, Powers of Pain, Four Horsemen, the Von Erichs, and of course my old governor.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 04:06:57 PM »

Same with our president in my era! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVeVcVBW_CE

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 04:12:25 PM »

That reminds me, a friend of mine and I were coming up with an all pro wrestling cabinet for him.

Sec. Defense: Sgt. Slaughter
Sec. Homeland Security: Big Bossman
Sec. Treasury: The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase

Poet Laureate: The Poet Lanny Poffo (obviously)

There must be others. Best part: there is a legitimate chance he will nominate these people!

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 04:24:07 PM »

Perfect! LOL LOL LOL LOL

Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2016, 09:28:42 PM »

When I was 11-12 I decided I automatically hated Stone Cold just because every other kid in school loved him. Those "Austin 3:16" shirts were everywhere. My dream was to see Austin switch to WCW and get his ass kicked by Hollywood Hulk Hogan and the NWO. I still thought it was all real at that age.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 08:59:11 PM »

My preference is for Stunning Steve over Stone Cold but as SCSA, Steve had amazing matches with Bret Hart. Unfortunately, the accidental neck  injury in 1997 during Summerslam meant that he was on borrowed time just as he was reaching the height of his fame. Plus he also had to perform differently in-ring then he did as Stunning Steve. Not that that was a bad thing - his Wrestlemania 13 with Bret is my all-time favorite pro wrestling brawl.

I was thinking of starting a pro wrestling thread myself so I'm chuffed to see someone else start it. Smiley

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 09:10:55 PM »

quote author=Alex link=topic=24599.msg596222#msg596222 date=1480051722]
When I was 11-12 I decided I automatically hated Stone Cold just because every other kid in school loved him. Those "Austin 3:16" shirts were everywhere. My dream was to see Austin switch to WCW and get his ass kicked by Hollywood Hulk Hogan and the NWO. I still thought it was all real at that age.
[/quote]

This predates the nWo by a year, but Steve Austin did wrestle Randy Savage on an episode of WCW Saturday Night.

https://youtu.be/59PUhTJTGzc

Adds some 🎼 to your day
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2016, 08:20:32 AM »

Quite the change in looks in a year for Austin when he "attacked" Brian Pillman's home.... Wink

Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2016, 02:04:37 PM »

Quite the change in looks in a year for Austin when he "attacked" Brian Pillman's home.... Wink

I loved those two guys together as both the Hollywood Blonds and as rivals. So much chemistry!

Adds some 🎼 to your day
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2016, 02:38:44 PM »

Brian Pillman's death was such a tragedy and a missed opportunity for WWF to use  him in storylines during the attitude era.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 02:44:57 PM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2016, 07:11:40 PM »

Brian Pillman's death was such a tragedy and a missed opportunity for WWF to use  him in storylines during the attitude era.

Brian was DEFINITELY ahead of his time for sure. It is a shame that the injuries and the addiction that resulted in him trying to treat those injuries got the best of him.

Adds some 🎼 to your day
SurfRapGrungeFiend
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2016, 04:10:45 PM »

Just rewatching videos of my childhood wrestling era! Grin

I was an ECW & WCW fan,  my brother was the WWF fan.
was at Raw march 26, 2001 the night nitro ended and shane in storyline bought WCW then went to Invasion in 2001..
Stone cold got the biggest pop when he came out after the brawl started, then the loudest boos i ever heard when he hit angle then rolled booker t over joining the alliance..

Crash Holly was my favorite from wwf R.I.P hardcore legend

it would be cool to see nitro again on TNT  and raw is war on USA. this generation of wrestling fans missed out and with NO competition look at the sh*t product they have today..in 2001 there was 20 million people watching spread amongst wcw, wwf & ecw, now the WWE lucky to get 3 million views

Surf music, Old school rap and The Seattle Sound

DJ Paul- Hi, I'm Chucky

Danny Greene and the Celtic Club

"I have no axe to grind, but if these maggots in this so-called Mafia want to come after me, I'm over here by the Celtic Club. I'm not hard to find'
SurfRapGrungeFiend
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2016, 04:14:46 PM »

Good to see some old wrestling fans
https://youtu.be/VdYmUcGjq9E
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 05:18:20 PM by SurfRapGrungeFiend » Logged

DJ Paul- Hi, I'm Chucky

"I have no axe to grind, but if these maggots in this so-called Mafia want to come after me, I'm over here by the Celtic Club. I'm not hard to find'
SurfRapGrungeFiend
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2016, 06:58:45 PM »

« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 07:01:10 PM by SurfRapGrungeFiend » Logged

DJ Paul- Hi, I'm Chucky

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: