gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:12:20 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike and Bruce Beach Boys 2017 Tour  (Read 50311 times)
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2017, 05:16:50 PM »

Noticed on a recent set list on Mike's Facebook page there was "Getcha Back 2016".  Anyone know what the significance of 2016 there is?

I know since Christian's departure that Mike has resumed the lead vocal with the exception of a David Mark appearance...perhaps it has something to do with that? Probably in a different key, as they often indicate that on setlists for songs that may alternate lead vocalists.

I saw they're doing a Sunday afternoon show at Wolf Trap in mid August.  I attended a show like that 2 summers ago, with David Marks on board. 

Unfortunately, theres so many other, not cheap, shows I want to see this year, Ill be skipping both Brian and Mike in 2017.

Same here. Brian had such an incredible night at the Strathmore...I'd like to remember that. Now, if he releases new music or decides to dust off smile again...that's a different story! As far as Mike & Bruce...they need to shake up the setlist a little more to get me back out. I'm not going to the PA shows this spring, and I certainly won't be going down to Wolf Trap.
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2017, 07:30:11 PM »

Noticed on a recent set list on Mike's Facebook page there was "Getcha Back 2016".  Anyone know what the significance of 2016 there is?

From January 25th this year:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLNY_D8boog

I can't make out the new lyrics (maybe someone else can) but it sounds like the lyrics at the end of the first two verses are altered a bit, and the beginning of the tag is changed a bit with added lyrics too.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2017, 11:10:16 PM »

I can't make out the new lyrics (maybe someone else can) but it sounds like the lyrics at the end of the first two verses are altered a bit, and the beginning of the tag is changed a bit with added lyrics too.

Interesting!

Also, the whole ending part has been removed "I leave her and you leave him, can we maybe get it back again?"

I'm wondering what the reason behind the rewrite is.
KDS
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2017, 05:36:26 AM »

I know since Christian's departure that Mike has resumed the lead vocal with the exception of a David Mark appearance...perhaps it has something to do with that? Probably in a different key, as they often indicate that on setlists for songs that may alternate lead vocalists.

I saw they're doing a Sunday afternoon show at Wolf Trap in mid August.  I attended a show like that 2 summers ago, with David Marks on board. 

Unfortunately, theres so many other, not cheap, shows I want to see this year, Ill be skipping both Brian and Mike in 2017.

Same here. Brian had such an incredible night at the Strathmore...I'd like to remember that. Now, if he releases new music or decides to dust off smile again...that's a different story! As far as Mike & Bruce...they need to shake up the setlist a little more to get me back out. I'm not going to the PA shows this spring, and I certainly won't be going down to Wolf Trap.

When I saw them at Wolf Trap in 2015, I was surprised how long it took me to leave the venue.  It's not that big, but we sat in that parking lot for at least an hour. 

Plus, I went to six BB related shows in 2015 & 2016 (Four Brian and two Mike), and there are a lot more bands out there this summer we want to see.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2017, 06:22:36 AM »

My guess is that the new "Getcha Back" may appear on Mike's eventual album. I'm expecting a good hunk of the album to be re-recordings either of previously released tracks or old outtakes. He apparently also re-made the 4/4 version of "Big Sur" as heard in one of the YouTube "trailers" for either his tour or book (which, I can only guess, is how/why the original 4/4 BB recording of that song inexplicably didn't make it onto the MIC set in 2013).

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2017, 11:19:18 AM »

When I saw them at Wolf Trap in 2015, I was surprised how long it took me to leave the venue.  It's not that big, but we sat in that parking lot for at least an hour. 

Plus, I went to six BB related shows in 2015 & 2016 (Four Brian and two Mike), and there are a lot more bands out there this summer we want to see.

At least you got in the parking lot! I've been there twice. First time was Happy Together Tour '13 and we parked on the grass on the street...second time was for Ringo & All Starrs '14 and we parked at some school in a neighborhood blocks away. I hate everything to do with Wolf Trap beyond the actual amphitheater itself. It's got a gorgeous sound and is a pure beauty to take in...it's just a pain from Baltimore and once you get there.
KDS
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2017, 03:57:14 PM »

At least you got in the parking lot! I've been there twice. First time was Happy Together Tour '13 and we parked on the grass on the street...second time was for Ringo & All Starrs '14 and we parked at some school in a neighborhood blocks away. I hate everything to do with Wolf Trap beyond the actual amphitheater itself. It's got a gorgeous sound and is a pure beauty to take in...it's just a pain from Baltimore and once you get there.

Yep, I thought Jiffy Lube Live was bad.  Wolf Trap was much worse.   
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2017, 10:14:26 AM »

My guess is that the new "Getcha Back" may appear on Mike's eventual album. I'm expecting a good hunk of the album to be re-recordings either of previously released tracks or old outtakes. He apparently also re-made the 4/4 version of "Big Sur" as heard in one of the YouTube "trailers" for either his tour or book (which, I can only guess, is how/why the original 4/4 BB recording of that song inexplicably didn't make it onto the MIC set in 2013).

I was just thinking same thing. I miss the tag at the end. That was probably my favorite part of the song. I can't make out the last verse now lyrically. ( Mike still sounds weak on this lead just as he has for years.)
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2017, 11:44:31 AM »

Interesting!

Also, the whole ending part has been removed "I leave her and you leave him, can we maybe get it back again?"

I'm wondering what the reason behind the rewrite is.

Well obviously it was "too negative"  Roll Eyes

RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2017, 09:12:04 PM »

Mike & Bruce are doing two shows at the Ocean City Performing Arts Center which is an insanely small theatre that's actually inside the Convention Center in Ocean City, Maryland. If the ticket prices aren't too crazy that is quite tempting...it's Wednesday, August 23rd...a nice send-off for the summer with a trip to the beach and what better music to accompany it?  Smiley
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2017, 07:19:52 AM »

I was just thinking same thing. I miss the tag at the end. That was probably my favorite part of the song. I can't make out the last verse now lyrically. ( Mike still sounds weak on this lead just as he has for years.)

Mike worked on a remake of Getcha Back in the studio, middle of 2016 with John Stamos on drums.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2017, 05:45:25 PM »

If you wanna hear the definative version of Getcha Back, check this out:)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G20fSXjx2A
KDS
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2017, 05:10:21 AM »

Mike & Bruce are doing two shows at the Ocean City Performing Arts Center which is an insanely small theatre that's actually inside the Convention Center in Ocean City, Maryland. If the ticket prices aren't too crazy that is quite tempting...it's Wednesday, August 23rd...a nice send-off for the summer with a trip to the beach and what better music to accompany it?  Smiley

I saw that, and it would be cool to see them in OC.  Had I realized that you can actually watch Sunfest acts without paying attention (we stood to the side of the tent for Eddie Money last year), I'd have gone in 2013. 

But, 8/23 is when Deep Purple and Alice Cooper come to VA. 
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2017, 09:46:55 AM »

Mike worked on a remake of Getcha Back in the studio, middle of 2016 with John Stamos on drums.

Where'd you hear this from? That's news to me!

Also, wow. Mike doesn't seem like he's doing ANY previously unknown material on his [supposedly] forthcoming solo album. It's all remakes of previously released material. Hopefully he puts something we haven't heard before when his album comes out.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2017, 11:53:44 AM »

I saw that, and it would be cool to see them in OC.  Had I realized that you can actually watch Sunfest acts without paying attention (we stood to the side of the tent for Eddie Money last year), I'd have gone in 2013. 

SunFest was a lot of fun...a great day. I'd love to see the Deep Purple tour but again...JiffylubeLive.  LOL
KDS
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2017, 12:36:49 PM »

I know.  I can't stand that place.  I just bought tickets to see Iron Maiden there in June, but at least that's on a Saturday.  I'm probably going to bite the bullet and get Purple tix since I've never seen them.

SunFest was a lot of fun...a great day. I'd love to see the Deep Purple tour but again...JiffylubeLive.  LOL
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2017, 08:13:50 AM »

Still mildly in shock, but I got front row dead center tickets for the 7:30 show in Ocean City on 8/23!!! Super stoked! I've been 2nd row many, many times but never the front! WOO!
KDS
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2017, 08:23:35 AM »

Still mildly in shock, but I got front row dead center tickets for the 7:30 show in Ocean City on 8/23!!! Super stoked! I've been 2nd row many, many times but never the front! WOO!

Wow, that's pretty cool.  Enjoy the show.  Funny how the dates synch up. 

8/23/15 - M&B appear at Wolf Trap in VA

8/23/16 - BW appears at the Hippodrome in Baltimore

8/23/17 - M&B appear at the Ocean City, MD Convention Center
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2017, 09:41:44 AM »

Thanks! I hadn't realized they were in Wolf Trap on that date- caught the BW immediately!haha
KDS
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2017, 11:17:17 AM »

Thanks! I hadn't realized they were in Wolf Trap on that date- caught the BW immediately!haha

Yep.  I remember when Brian announced his Baltimore PS date, I said, "a year to the day after seeing Mike and Bruce, with David Marks." 

So, that means Brian will be playing the MD/Baltimore/DC area supporting his new album on 8/23/18
Scaroline No
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2017, 11:26:18 AM »

Yep.  I remember when Brian announced his Baltimore PS date, I said, "a year to the day after seeing Mike and Bruce, with David Marks." 

So, that means Brian will be playing the MD/Baltimore/DC area supporting his new album on 8/23/18

I'd like to think that the fact that he has released solo albums every year ending in "8" since 1988  supports your theory Smiley
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 11:27:31 AM by SCaroline Z » Logged
KDS
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2017, 11:48:15 AM »

I'd like to think that the fact that he has released solo albums every year ending in "8" since 1988  supports your theory Smiley

I didn't even think of that.  Good catch.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2017, 04:28:28 PM »

NICE!  LOL
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2017, 01:03:39 PM »

Gonna catch them in June in Berlin. What the hell, it's literally around the corner.  Smokin The only thing I'm wishing for is Scott Totten crooning "Ole Betsy"..
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2017, 08:54:59 PM »

I'd say you've got a good chance of that! What you really want to hear, is Scott singing "I'm Waiting For The Day"...his delivery was absolutely sublime with the NSO last summer.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx