gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 07:22:41 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike and Bruce Beach Boys 2017 Tour  (Read 50685 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2017, 09:01:26 PM »

Gonna catch them in June in Berlin. What the hell, it's literally around the corner.  Smokin The only thing I'm wishing for is Scott Totten crooning "Ole Betsy"..

Scott really knocked it out of the park singing it on the C50 tour. I actually MUCH preferred it to the original.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2017, 09:09:09 PM »

Good gawd!!!  I hope they wear more than just that!!!  The Rock and Horror...no pictures [PLEASE] show. Wink 

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
KDS
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2017, 06:54:53 AM »

I'd say you've got a good chance of that! What you really want to hear, is Scott singing "I'm Waiting For The Day"...his delivery was absolutely sublime with the NSO last summer.

I wish I were in town during that show.   I doubt that Mike and Bruce will be featuring the PS album tracks this year.  Maybe if they're still touring in 2026
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2017, 06:59:31 AM »

I'd say you've got a good chance of that! What you really want to hear, is Scott singing "I'm Waiting For The Day"...his delivery was absolutely sublime with the NSO last summer.

I wish I were in town during that show.   I doubt that Mike and Bruce will be featuring the PS album tracks this year.  Maybe if they're still touring in 2026

The symphony really made it. Don't get me wrong, Brian & Al's PS show takes the cake, but it was really nice to see Mike & Bruce tackling those deeper cuts and doing them justice too.
KDS
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2017, 08:54:11 AM »

The symphony really made it. Don't get me wrong, Brian & Al's PS show takes the cake, but it was really nice to see Mike & Bruce tackling those deeper cuts and doing them justice too.

Yeah, I heard really good things about their PS shows.   I'd have gone to the DC show, but the timing didn't work out. 
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2017, 01:05:10 PM »

Good gawd!!!  I hope they wear more than just that!!!  [...] 
LOL
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2017, 02:13:54 PM »

Mike and Bruce should have played When Girls Get Together for International Women's Day.  Roll Eyes
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2017, 02:16:26 PM »

BURN! LOL

They probably played a new version of "everyone's in love with you" for Trump Roll Eyes

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2017, 08:52:23 PM »

I'm surprised they don't tackle "Everyone's in Love With You"...that would fit in their show pretty well actually and give them a chance to play something post-Pet Sounds that's actually semi-decent.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2017, 09:13:41 PM »

I'm surprised they don't tackle "Everyone's in Love With You"...that would fit in their show pretty well actually and give them a chance to play something post-Pet Sounds that's actually semi-decent.

Mike's band did occasionally do the song on the 2004 and 2008 tours, most likely spurred by Mike's 2000s re-recording that has never been officially released.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
KDS
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2017, 05:11:04 AM »

I'm actually surprised they don't do California Saga: California.  I think Mike's band would do a great job with it. 
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2017, 06:35:19 AM »

I'm actually surprised they don't do California Saga: California.  I think Mike's band would do a great job with it. 

I think that was probably literally the *one* song Al actually got to pick on C50, and I never got the impression Mike was super into the song. He certainly put enough gusto into singing it on those dates in 2012 (I saw the first C50 performance of the song in Berkeley; Mike clearly didn't remember the song and was using a lyric sheet), but I tend to doubt Mike would add a song to his setlist written solely by Al Jardine.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
KDS
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2017, 07:11:23 AM »

I think that was probably literally the *one* song Al actually got to pick on C50, and I never got the impression Mike was super into the song. He certainly put enough gusto into singing it on those dates in 2012 (I saw the first C50 performance of the song in Berkeley; Mike clearly didn't remember the song and was using a lyric sheet), but I tend to doubt Mike would add a song to his setlist written solely by Al Jardine.

I suppose so, plus that would give them three "California" songs in the set (with Girls and Dreamin).  Who do they think they are, the Red Hot Chili Peppers?
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2017, 07:46:47 AM »

One of the cool things about C50 was being able to see various BBs singing on stuff they *never* would do in their own solo shows. Mike singing on "Marcella" or "Our Prayer" or "California Saga", Brian singing on "California Dreamin'" or "All This Is That", Al singing on "It's OK" or "Don't Back Down", etc.

RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2017, 07:54:04 AM »

Mike's band did occasionally do the song on the 2004 and 2008 tours, most likely spurred by Mike's 2000s re-recording that has never been officially released.

Very interesting! I never noticed that. I'd like to see it replace...oh I dunno, perhaps Pisces Brothers?  LOL
KDS
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2017, 08:39:36 AM »

One of the cool things about C50 was being able to see various BBs singing on stuff they *never* would do in their own solo shows. Mike singing on "Marcella" or "Our Prayer" or "California Saga", Brian singing on "California Dreamin'" or "All This Is That", Al singing on "It's OK" or "Don't Back Down", etc.

That was very cool.  Unfortunately, they didn't do Marcella or California Dreamin at the show I attended.  But, it was really cool hearing Brian do Kiss Me Baby and Please Let Me Wonder, and it the only time I got to hear Brian and Mike together on sounds like GV and SJB.   

Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2017, 08:51:28 AM »

That was very cool.  Unfortunately, they didn't do Marcella or California Dreamin at the show I attended.  But, it was really cool hearing Brian do Kiss Me Baby and Please Let Me Wonder, and it the only time I got to hear Brian and Mike together on sounds like GV and SJB.  

Yes it was the hightlight of the tour, they didn't just go full greatest hits and really treated their fanbases with gifts, just hearing them all together on Add Some Music.. what a treat
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 08:53:26 AM by Ziggy Stardust » Logged
KDS
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2017, 08:55:45 AM »

That was very cool.  Unfortunately, they didn't do Marcella or California Dreamin at the show I attended.  But, it was really cool hearing Brian do Kiss Me Baby and Please Let Me Wonder, and it the only time I got to hear Brian and Mike together on sounds like GV and SJB.  

Yes it was the hightlight of the tour, they didn't just go full greatest hits and really treated their fanbases with gifts, just hearing them all together on Add Some Music.. what a treat

Off all the great moments on C50, how in the world could they have left Add Some Music, with Mike, Al, David, and Bruce at Brian's piano, off the C50 DVD???   If we're gonna get a half a$$ed release with just over 20 songs, at least include that one. 
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2017, 09:03:53 AM »

There's tons of stuff from C50 that could and should be released. Multiple additional shows were professionally captured on video, including Red Rocks and Hollywood Bowl.

I would tend to doubt anybody wants to get near the political minefield of more C50 product right now, but Mike is the one would have the most reason to eschew more C50 product, as it pretty directly contradicts his current "Beach Boys" show. I'm not suggesting Mike has blocked any releases, because I don't know of any stories of anybody else trying to release anything else from the tour.

I do recall buzz/rumors back in the early 2000s that Mike didn't like, for instance, Al going out to promote archival BB products, because he was attaching his name to "The Beach Boys" during a time where Mike both logistically and legally probably wanted Al's name as far away from the BB trademark as possible.

Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2017, 09:12:11 AM »

There's tons of stuff from C50 that could and should be released. Multiple additional shows were professionally captured on video, including Red Rocks and Hollywood Bowl.

I would tend to doubt anybody wants to get near the political minefield of more C50 product right now, but Mike is the one would have the most reason to eschew more C50 product, as it pretty directly contradicts his current "Beach Boys" show. I'm not suggesting Mike has blocked any releases, because I don't know of any stories of anybody else trying to release anything else from the tour.

I do recall buzz/rumors back in the early 2000s that Mike didn't like, for instance, Al going out to promote archival BB products, because he was attaching his name to "The Beach Boys" during a time where Mike both logistically and legally probably wanted Al's name as far away from the BB trademark as possible.

Yeah well, let's not pretend anyone else but him would be so nazi on the marketing... dude brings out Summer In Paradise on his current "Beach Boys" tour, that was a hit right?........

It's all about him and his business.

That was very cool.  Unfortunately, they didn't do Marcella or California Dreamin at the show I attended.  But, it was really cool hearing Brian do Kiss Me Baby and Please Let Me Wonder, and it the only time I got to hear Brian and Mike together on sounds like GV and SJB.   

Off all the great moments on C50, how in the world could they have left Add Some Music, with Mike, Al, David, and Bruce at Brian's piano, off the C50 DVD???   If we're gonna get a half a$$ed release with just over 20 songs, at least include that one. 

Tell me about it brother! but you know what at the end of the day, i'm still amazed even to this day that we got a live reunion dvd that has All This Is That and Marcella on it! of all things, on a 21 setlist cut for it, how wild! who would have ever thought of that prior to 2012, you know??? and that is, with David Marks along on stage.

Some fan bonus wouldn't have hurted anyone, why not include Summer's Gone? altho they did play it over the credits heh, nice little nodd, and maybe a real closer to it all here, more than the song itself closing the album
KDS
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2017, 09:13:05 AM »

This is why I hold out hope that, when there is no longer a touring version of The Beach Boys, we someday get a good C50 live release. 

Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2017, 09:14:40 AM »

Wonder why Blondie was so left out of the tour but now is with Brian all the time, hehe.....
KDS
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2017, 09:15:03 AM »

Yeah well, let's not pretend anyone else but him would be so nazi on the marketing... dude brings out Summer In Paradise on his current "Beach Boys" tour, that was a hit right?........

It's all about him and his business.

Tell me about it brother! but you know what at the end of the day, i'm still amazed even to this day that we got a live reunion dvd that has All This Is That and Marcella on it! of all things, on a 21 setlist cut for it, how wild! who would have ever thought of that prior to 2012, you know??? and that is, with David Marks along on stage.

Some fan bonus wouldn't have hurted anyone, why not include Summer's Gone? altho they did play it over the credits heh, nice little nodd, and maybe a real closer to it all here, more than the song itself closing the album

At least Brian included Summer's Gone as a bonus track on the Brian and Friends release.  So, we do have a legit live version (though I wish it appeared on the CD companion too).  
KDS
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2017, 09:15:56 AM »

Wonder why Blondie was so left out of the tour but now is with Brian all the time, hehe.....

I'd have to check, but Blondie may have been touring with the Stones. 
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2017, 09:21:19 AM »

I'd have to check, but Blondie may have been touring with the Stones. 

Oh wait, really? i had no idea he was still hangin' out with them
my bad then

I guess he would have joined afterwards anyway, if only some egos would keep it low, we were pretty close to getting a kickass followup rock'n'roll album with Blondie on it, it seems like we're pushing our chances but Brian sure was on it! oh well, i guess all of this drama helped to birth the amazing Love & Mercy (imagine if Mike was involved)

At least Brian included Summer's Gone as a bonus track on the Brian and Friends release.  So, we do have a legit live version (though I wish it appeared on the CD companion too). 

How in the world have i missed that !!!!! i havn't heard a word about that bonus track Shocked and i was -just- looking back on that Brian and Friends release, thinking how crazy, following up the surprise of the C50 how he went on to do Hold On Dear Brother live and commercialize it, once agian, who would have ever thought this would happen these days, crazy
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx