gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:05:31 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Groupies  (Read 9523 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2006, 04:08:20 PM »

Well, yeah, and he DID write a song about it.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2006, 04:46:34 PM »

I actually have a hard time imagining some of the Beach Boys being unfaithful to their wives and/or girlfriends. Al, Carl, and Brian just seem too nice to bother with that stuff. I am probably totally wrong though. 

hmmm...back when a certain beach boy was alive and the group was touring "north of the border" in a certain city and location this beach boy did not make the concerts because of "ladies in port of call" and a certain family member would not let this beach boy "play" in that city......................

clear as mud isn't it..... LOL LOL
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 08:24:49 PM by Steve Mayo » Logged

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2006, 07:32:38 PM »

I found a couple of Brian Wilson stories while skimming one of the new books about the Laurel Canyon scene. 

Which book did you find that in? I'd love to read some books about the Laurel Canyon scene. The only book I've read documenting that kind of stuff is 'Waiting For The Sun' by Barney Hoskyns.

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2006, 11:20:02 PM »

The other book about Laurel Canyon, called "Laurel Canyon," with a long subtitle after it, is by Michael Walker.  It was released a month or two before the new Barney Hoskyn Laurel Canyon book.  I haven't read the whole thing; I was just looking through it at Barnes and Noble.  There is another Brian story in there about him constantly visiting Chris Hillman's house to talk to Chris's girlfriend.   They would put up with him only because they felt sorry for him, because he seemed really lonely.  Which is an odd trait in a recently married guy, so it wouldn't surprise me if Brian weren't totally faithful, because he was a troubled man when he decided to get married.  Or at least a guy who had a hard time making up his mind.

The new Hoskyn's book is called "Hotel California."  It's a follow-up to "Waiting for the Sun."  It covers the '70s.  I did buy that one, and if you like that period, it's fairly interesting.  It covers the moguls of the era, especially David Geffen.  The musicians covered are mostly CSN & Y, Joni Mitchell, Linda Ronstadt, Jackson Browne, and the Eagles, with a little James Taylor, David Blue, Judee Sill, and a tiny bit of Van Dyke and Jimmy Webb.  If you like the Mellow Mafia at all, it will be right up your alley.   Of if you hate them and want to read nasty stories about them, you'll find plenty in the book.   And some groupie stories, though not much about Brian and the rest, other than a mention of Danny Hutton's party house.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 11:29:03 PM by forget marie » Logged
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2006, 10:39:20 AM »

thanks.

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx