gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 11:27:36 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Groupies  (Read 9529 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2006, 09:56:23 PM »

i was just wondering, if there are any beach boy groupie tailes flying around,

That said, where there even any groupies with the beach boys

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 10:09:23 PM »

I don't know any stories, but how could there not be groupies? I mean at one point they were one of the biggest rock groups of the 60's. You're going to tell me they didn't get laid? I mean listen to any of there concerts, all you hear are screaming girls.

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 10:45:51 PM »

Really dumb question. Dennis Wilson is among the most popular groupie sandwich meats of all-time.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 11:15:52 PM »

Really dumb question.

Cut the guy some slack, he's 16!
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 05:48:56 AM »

John Stamos, he was a groupie  Cheesy

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 08:36:24 AM »

Really dumb question.

You're right, I let that one slip when I came home from a party last night and probably was still feeling the....er... spirits. Better judgement always tells me not to insult people, brain-is-god just keep firing whatever questions come to mind...glad to have you participating in the board. That said...Ron....So what, when you were 16 you didn't figure that Sinatra, or Elvis, or Charlie freakin' Chaplin might have sampled their legions of groupies?  I somehow read the question as implying that groupies are a phenomenon that materialized in the post-BB's world... that honestly struck me as really dumb. If he can identify the word groupie then it seems common sense might kick in and remind him that Jesus had groupies so Mike Love probably did too. For any other 16 year-olds who might be wondering... The groupie has been around for thousands of years, and the BB's did some of them. But re-reading Brain's question this morning leads me to wonder if he really meant something different...like groupies screwed every other group but not the BB's?? Either way its just not good.   
carlydenise
Smiley Smile Associate

Heaven

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 09:46:29 AM »

John Stamos, he was a groupie  Cheesy
    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Oh yeah, they had groupies, I dunno if Mike and Bruce have groupies this day, but even into the 80's they did. 
Carly

come be my redeemer...awaken me beautiful dreamer
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 10:21:11 AM »

Really dumb question.

But re-reading Brain's question this morning leads me to wonder if he really meant something different

yeah i was getting at something differint, i was asking if there was an stories going around,

A simple NO would of been a reasonable answer....wise guy,

But anway, anbody hear of any stories

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 10:44:14 AM »

not a groupie story per se, but theres an EXCELLENT dennis story for the track 'all i wanna do' in the desper thread. do a search 3D

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 10:48:52 AM »

not a groupie story per se, but theres an EXCELLENT dennis story for the track 'all i wanna do' in the desper thread. do a search 3D

Since that woman was paid for her 'services' she was technically not a groupie.  Grin
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 11:11:50 AM »

Absolutely - she was a hooker Denny grabbed off Hollywood & Vine.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
carlydenise
Smiley Smile Associate

Heaven

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2006, 12:01:03 PM »

hmm, the gal gets to be on a recorded song for the group, she gets to be with Denny....I would have done that for free.....I dunno about the first part tho, I wonder every time she hears that song if she doesn't get a tad red-faced?

come be my redeemer...awaken me beautiful dreamer
MBE
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2006, 01:47:32 PM »

For some reason I doubt she played the record much. Perhaps Dennis sent a her a free one for a tip.
sailonsailor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2006, 03:21:09 PM »

While we're on this topic, did any of the Boys hook up with any other celebrities, beyond Dennis and Christine McVie?
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2006, 03:25:31 PM »

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~peterkin/beach_boys_uk_tour_1967.htm
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2006, 03:31:31 PM »

Since that woman was paid for her 'services' she was technically not a groupie.  Grin

hence the "not a groupie story per se" Wink

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2006, 02:52:41 PM »

Really dumb question.

You're right, I let that one slip when I came home from a party last night and probably was still feeling the....er... spirits. Better judgement always tells me not to insult people, brain-is-god just keep firing whatever questions come to mind...glad to have you participating in the board. That said...Ron....So what, when you were 16 you didn't figure that Sinatra, or Elvis, or Charlie freakin' Chaplin might have sampled their legions of groupies?  I somehow read the question as implying that groupies are a phenomenon that materialized in the post-BB's world... that honestly struck me as really dumb. If he can identify the word groupie then it seems common sense might kick in and remind him that Jesus had groupies so Mike Love probably did too. For any other 16 year-olds who might be wondering... The groupie has been around for thousands of years, and the BB's did some of them. But re-reading Brain's question this morning leads me to wonder if he really meant something different...like groupies screwed every other group but not the BB's?? Either way its just not good.   

When I was 16, I was into the Beatles and I thought it was horrible that John Lennon cheated on his first wife with Yoko Ono, and I thought Paul McCartney probably met Linda at a photo shoot and that the beatles all slept together in the same hotel room on tour.  I didn't even think about groupies... so his question about whether the BB's had any struck me as something I might have asked back then, yeah. 
MBE
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2006, 04:39:24 PM »

As Lennon said to Tom Synder even the guys sweeping up after the elephants get some. Basically I think of all the musicians I like only Charlie Watts was faithfull. Now does that make me think less of them on one level, yes, but is it my concern really?  I think some like Elvis were probably more gentlemenly to women then say Jim Morrison, but it really is none of my business. It is between the couple and really doesn't concern me or what I think of somebody musically.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2006, 06:01:32 AM »

re Dennis, there were the Golden Cocksmen and the Penetrators...if I recall correctly .....

as for groupies in general ....Jim Baker, and Bill Clinton payed dearly for their involvement with young adoring women.  It is not necessarily just rock stars.
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2006, 02:01:44 PM »

I actually have a hard time imagining some of the Beach Boys being unfaithful to their wives and/or girlfriends. Al, Carl, and Brian just seem too nice to bother with that stuff. I am probably totally wrong though. 

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2006, 02:17:54 PM »

Don't forget, Brian, Carl, Mike, Dennis, (and maybe Al and Bruce, not sure) were all single for awhile.

And I could definitely see Brian cheating on Marilyn.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2006, 02:40:12 PM »

And he did, with her sister?! (Allegedly)

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2006, 03:03:40 PM »

I found a couple of Brian Wilson stories while skimming one of the new books about the Laurel Canyon scene.  One was abut a woman that hung out on the scene who was invited to a party at the Wilsons' house on Laurel Way around 1966.  Brian sat down next to her and put his hand on her thigh.  He asked her if she would like him to shave her legs, which totally freaked her out.  All I could think of was "Hey Little, Tomboy."  I guess Brian must have had a leg-shaving fetish. 
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2006, 03:22:39 PM »

I found a couple of Brian Wilson stories while skimming one of the new books about the Laurel Canyon scene.  One was abut a woman that hung out on the scene who was invited to a party at the Wilsons' house on Laurel Way around 1966.  Brian sat down next to her and put his hand on her thigh.  He asked her if she would like him to shave her legs, which totally freaked her out.  All I could think of was "Hey Little, Tomboy."  I guess Brian must have had a leg-shaving fetish. 

Well yeah...that first line of Caroline No...he's not talking about her head. Sigh...the scariest thing to me is that I know there will be people out there who think I'm serious.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2006, 03:28:45 PM »

And he did, with her sister?! (Allegedly)

No allegedly about it. Happened. My sources are impeccable.  Cool

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx