gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680724 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 09:37:42 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys after Mike Love?  (Read 5955 times)
maggie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2016, 10:42:51 AM »

The Beach Boys are very close to a ghost band as it is, and I expect a Totten-Foskett band to keep touring into the 2020s. Although the idea doesn't fill me with anticipation, I can understand it on a human level. Foskett has been with the Beach Boys or Brian continuously (I believe) since 1979. So he's been with them longer than I've been alive, longer than Dennis or Carl were in the band. His job is at Beach Boys Inc., and when the boss retires, why shouldn't he expect to take over the operation?
surf patrol
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2016, 11:56:37 AM »

Never Happen !  Also Foskett wasn't  in  Love's line-up in the 90's (he was fired).  Brian hired him in late 90's on his tour.  Love rehired him after many years  absent( 1990 --2012) ... time "heals old wounds" - especially because  Foskett is a great singer and both Love & Brian need his vocals these days...
It's all over when Mike calls it Quits !  ( not financially feasible for Foskett or anyone else to tour )
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 12:45:39 PM by surf patrol » Logged
maggie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2016, 02:30:09 PM »

It's all over when Mike calls it Quits !  ( not financially feasible for Foskett or anyone else to tour )

I don't think that's true. If most of the people who buy tickets to Beach Boys shows (as opposed to Brian's shows) cared who was in the band, they probably wouldn't be there. I don't see why it would be that much less feasible for a Mike-less band to tour than a band with Mike.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2016, 04:49:47 PM »

I'm with you Maggie. The Four Freshman have been mentioned and BRI could license the same way. I hope it would be 'A Tribute To The Beach Boys' title rather than The Beach Boys.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2016, 07:59:21 PM »

I suppose for those who don't know or don't care...any old alignment of faces, bodies and voices will suffice as long as they do the songs some semblance of justice.  There certainly will come a time when Brian will hang 'em up.  And as  G R E A T  as his OWN group is...with and without Al and Blondie...Brian really IS the main draw.  That they collectively do 'it' BETTER than the 'name brand' matters not I suppose.  It's like when a company gets taken over by new ownership.  The product, ultimately is never really the same again.  Such is the case with BRI and the unit traveling these days as the 'official' version of the "sand-pail sailors".

As for those so-called 'beach boys'...  Who knew that they were truly and totally done/history after Carl passed?  Not I.  Sadly I never realized that all of the contributors along the way were only there serving, as it turns out, to satiate the nutty old squirrel's "nourishment and revenge."  I doubt many of them knew either.   [Well maybe Stamos...especially in terms of helping out with the 'nourishment' department]  Otherwise?  Likely not too many of them.  And sorry but Jeff ain't no Carl so THAT will never really 'fly'.  That said...the Beach Boys with Carl in the saddle NEVER-E V E R  toured for "nourishment and revenge".

Once that began... ... ...the group officially ceased to exist.  Period.

Therefore...'cept for the year 50 reunion...there really hasn't been any Beach Boys band since February 1998...almost 19 years now.   Think about THAT  Mr. "Revenge".

So then ... that said?  This 'discussion' is pretty much nothing more than moot.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 02:51:32 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx