gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:49:53 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: One act for all time----would it be the BB?  (Read 6393 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2016, 08:50:10 AM »

This should be in General Music. But john outslied by adding "would it be the BB?". I listen to bands & singers from decades. My favorite is The Beach Boys. & the greatest! 3D

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2016, 08:11:36 AM »

This should be in General Music. But john outslied by adding "would it be the BB?". I listen to bands & singers from decades. My favorite is The Beach Boys. & the greatest! 3D
I outslied...? One of the first things I wanted to do when I got back from my sabbatical was to ask you what you mean, RR.

Great to see this topic so active. And nice to see the likes of Genesis and John Coltrane among the choices.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2016, 08:33:18 AM »

Just one?  The Beatles.

But that leaves out an awful lot of music I absolutely cherish.  Thankfully, there's no reason to limit ourselves!
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2016, 11:25:27 AM »

Probably the Beatles, unless it was the Beach Boys. Or Bob Dylan. Or Thelonious Monk. Possibly Miles Davis. I might try to sneak various discs from other artists onto my island in my choice's lesser quality cases. (Yeah, this is really Still Cruisin', I love this motherfucker...don't open that!)

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2016, 06:52:55 AM »

I outslied...? One of the first things I wanted to do when I got back from my sabbatical was to ask you what you mean, RR.
Same as outwit. It seemed it would be obvious from the context. As in you start topic which poses question in general way, then you add "the BBs" in the tag.

Addition: btw, just so you know, I meant that as joke but didn't add smileys. As in," john is slyster!" 3D As you know from my "Ranking Smileys" thread, I HATE ugly shaky face laughing smiley. as well as grin a la Smile Brian. No really, that was clever getaway. To add "would it be the BB". It was half-joke half-serious compliment. Understood? police
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 04:07:47 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2016, 03:42:45 PM »

I might try to sneak various discs from other artists onto my island in my choice's lesser quality cases. (Yeah, this is really Still Cruisin', I love this motherfucker...don't open that!)

LOL

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
barsone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2016, 12:14:47 AM »

Was kind of surprised not to see anyone mention Springsteen.  Though a lot of these responses were before the election.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2016, 03:21:08 AM »

Rainbow (maybe I could just lump all of Ritchie Blackmore's music into one??)

Of course you could. :=)

You realize that would include stuff from his session-playing days with Joe Meek in the early sixties......

The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2016, 01:44:58 PM »

It would likely be The Beach Boys.  Such a diverse and large catalog.  After that it would be Sinatra then The Beatles.
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2016, 03:07:50 PM »

One act for all time----would it be the BB?

Absolutely. No one else even comes close.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx