gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:17:48 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clangin'  (Read 7910 times)
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2008, 02:10:51 PM »

I found this track a while ago and simply love it.  It's a fun song that I find myself listening to often.  It has some lyrics in it like "alley oop" and "big tits?"  And Brian's voice still sounds in good form.  When was it recorded?  Does someone out there have more information on this particular song?
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 08:06:33 PM »

it starts out sayin: 'It was a hard, hard time'....also known as Rolling Up to Heaven?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 12:13:26 AM »

When I first clicked on this topic, I thought/hoped that Clangin' had finally circulated. Damn.  Roll Eyes

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 09:44:04 AM »

I found this track a while ago and simply love it.  It's a fun song that I find myself listening to often.  It has some lyrics in it like "alley oop" and "big tits?"  And Brian's voice still sounds in good form.  When was it recorded?  Does someone out there have more information on this particular song?

It's the original version of "Ding Dang".

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 06:32:43 PM »

Wait a sec, somebody posted info on this very board about this song, as follows, in a review of "Love You" (posted by "The Real Beach Boy," one of the mods):

Ding Dang - The shelf life of this song is unavoidable. First recorded in 1969 during the 20/20 sessions as "Rollin' Up To Heaven", then recorded again in 1973 with new support from former Byrd Roger McGuinn, this is the third known time the track was recorded.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 06:43:54 PM by forget marie » Logged
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 04:07:49 PM »

I had always heard Rollin up to Heaven was a 73/74/75 piece (Caribou burnt Studio recording?)...never heard it as a 20/20 era piece.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
MBE
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 04:03:40 AM »

I call it Hard Times myself and it is indeed from late 1974
Mr Fulton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 02:42:14 PM »

Rolling Up To Heaven was the Sunflower Era, Clangin' was 1973/74 and Ding Dang was 74
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 03:30:01 PM »

Rolling Up To Heaven was 1974. The Sunflower era was 1969/1970.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 03:58:13 PM »

Correct. Ding Dang actually came before RUTH, as it was in 1973. RUTH came from the Caribou sessions.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx