gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680713 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 07:06:44 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian in a wheelchair  (Read 14232 times)
Kid Presentable
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2016, 11:29:26 AM »

Oh trust me... _I_ think Ding Dang and his Shortenin Bread musical trope are pretty much genius.  I am certain that he loves that song and riff.  I just think it's funny that out of everything he could have said about Love You, he picked Ding Dang and specifically Carl's background vocal.  "Hey Brian, what's your favorite thing about Pet Sounds?"  "Oh, definitely 'You Still Believe In Me', using the bike bell and horn was a trip!"  Smiley

barsone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2016, 01:38:26 PM »

Actually ran into a friend today who has a bad backache going, and she stated that she feels best on her feet, not sitting down, so perhaps the "wheelchair for a bad back" scenario may not be true.

For Brian, though, it's not "merely" a bad back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinal_stenosis

Marty and 18th of May (and for anyone that may know).   Does Jerry Weiss now room with Brian on the road ?   Maybe the same responsibilities that JF had for many years ?
Anyone recognize the gentleman leading the way for Brian through the door.  Grey hair pulling his luggage ?
Yes I do.

It's Jerry Weiss.
barsone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2016, 01:39:59 PM »

Sorry bad post.....Does Jerry Weiss now room with Brain on the road Huh  And maybe have the same responsibilities that JF had for many years ?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2016, 01:45:41 PM »

I think so, yeah.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Theydon Bois
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2016, 04:02:16 PM »

Sensitive Music For Sensitive People should have a picture of Brian in a rocking chair on the front cover, and Brian in a wheelchair on the back.  (Subtitle: "The rock & roll album".)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2016, 06:30:31 PM »

I think Ding Dang and his Shortenin Bread musical trope are pretty much genius.  I am certain that he loves that song and riff.  I just think it's funny that out of everything he could have said about Love You, he picked Ding Dang and specifically Carl's background vocal.  "Hey Brian, what's your favorite thing about Pet Sounds?"  "Oh, definitely 'You Still Believe In Me', using the bike bell and horn was a trip!"  Smiley
I, like nobody, disagree that "Shortenin' Bread", "Ding Dang" is genius. It's 2 extremely dull tunes. 76-79 is bad vocals time in regards Carl. By 1980 he catches up.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2016, 07:10:46 AM »

I think Ding Dang and his Shortenin Bread musical trope are pretty much genius.  I am certain that he loves that song and riff.  I just think it's funny that out of everything he could have said about Love You, he picked Ding Dang and specifically Carl's background vocal.  "Hey Brian, what's your favorite thing about Pet Sounds?"  "Oh, definitely 'You Still Believe In Me', using the bike bell and horn was a trip!"  Smiley
I, like nobody, disagree that "Shortenin' Bread", "Ding Dang" is genius. It's 2 extremely dull tunes. 76-79 is bad vocals time in regards Carl. By 1980 he catches up.

I don't know what this means but I actually think "Ding Dang" and "Shortenin' Bread" (especially the L.A. (Light Album) version) are freakin' awesome! Genius? Perhaps that's a stretch, but I personally love 'em. I also love "Brian's Tune" (aka "Rollin' Up to Heaven"). I wouldn't mind hearing 1972's "Brian's Jam" and "Clangin'" and "Clang" as well. I think all that stuff is fascinating.
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2016, 06:25:49 PM »

Just saw the youtube vid on this.
Is that "reporter" crazy or what? Going on and on about "the Manson house."
That's right, just traumatize the old guy.
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2016, 03:01:02 PM »

Sorry bad post.....Does Jerry Weiss now room with Brain on the road Huh  And maybe have the same responsibilities that JF had for many years ?

I'm not certain what you're trying to say here.  As I understand it, Brian always gets a large suite with various rooms and has an assistant with him to handle his schedule demands (interviews, prepping for shows etc.).  Jerry's a wonderful man and a godsend for Brian, and he does his job very well.  As far as the wheelchair is concerned, I did joke with a friend that Brian is probably pi**ed at himself for not thinking of this option years ago.  He enjoys his comforts.  He deserves them.  Can't we just smile about it and be glad he's still touring his music?

I must say when I was dragging my bag through Heathrow a few months ago all the way from the Virgin Atlantic gate to customs, I was thinking a wheelchair seemed pretty good.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2016, 03:58:48 PM »

As far as the wheelchair is concerned, I did joke with a friend that Brian is probably pi**ed at himself for not thinking of this option years ago.

Probably is! :D

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2016, 06:50:24 AM »

I'm not certain what you're trying to say here.  As I understand it, Brian always gets a large suite with various rooms and has an assistant with him to handle his schedule demands (interviews, prepping for shows etc.).  Jerry's a wonderful man and a godsend for Brian, and he does his job very well.  As far as the wheelchair is concerned, I did joke with a friend that Brian is probably pi**ed at himself for not thinking of this option years ago.  He enjoys his comforts.  He deserves them.  Can't we just smile about it and be glad he's still touring his music?

I must say when I was dragging my bag through Heathrow a few months ago all the way from the Virgin Atlantic gate to customs, I was thinking a wheelchair seemed pretty good.

I don't think any negative connotation was intended in the original/previous post from barsone regarding Jerry Weiss.

Ray Lawlor has posted in the past describing the functions Foskett served out on the road (apart from on-stage), and I think barsone was just curious if Jerry Weiss was filling that role now.

I think Ray did a great job awhile back of describing the team Brian has out on the road. I think what Foskett has done in past years for Brian are things an artist out on the road would have someone helping them with. I think some of those roles aren't often filled by a touring musician/singer, so that's where Ray's clarifications really helped.

I think mainly fans are glad to see Brian have a good road crew and support system.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
barsone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2016, 11:36:59 AM »

I don't think any negative connotation was intended in the original/previous post from barsone regarding Jerry Weiss.

Ray Lawlor has posted in the past describing the functions Foskett served out on the road (apart from on-stage), and I think barsone was just curious if Jerry Weiss was filling that role now.

I think Ray did a great job awhile back of describing the team Brian has out on the road. I think what Foskett has done in past years for Brian are things an artist out on the road would have someone helping them with. I think some of those roles aren't often filled by a touring musician/singer, so that's where Ray's clarifications really helped.

I think mainly fans are glad to see Brian have a good road crew and support system.
Thanks Hey Jude...That's all I was asking regarding Jerry Weiss and how it might have been related to the Foskett era.  I did not see (or remember) Ray's post on the traveling situation.  And obviously agree 100% on having good support systems for BW.  My post initially in the thread started back with the video posted from the airport.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2016, 11:54:47 AM »

Here's a good post from Ray on the subject from a little while back:

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,18293.msg476797.html#msg476797

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx