gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 04:50:50 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Rolling Stone Interview with Brian  (Read 2814 times)
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2016, 10:27:07 AM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/brian-wilson-talks-mental-illness-drugs-and-beach-boys-w443076

Brian has no intention to retire anytime soon!

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 10:41:29 AM »

Great interview. ..I had no idea he only quit drinking in 2013.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 10:56:36 AM »

Man, I f*cking love to hear Brian curse. Just because it feels like the real him, not giving any f*cks about the "right" or "appropriate" way to conduct himself. It just feels real, like he is letting loose and ditching any attempts to be any particular way that is not himself.

What a great interview.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 10:59:51 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 11:00:58 AM »

'Sensitive Music For Sensitive People' as a R&R covers album title? I'll have to let it grow on me.
coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 12:51:43 PM »

'Sensitive Music For Sensitive People' as a R&R covers album title? I'll have to let it grow on me.

Not sure how much stock to put into what Brian says in interviews these days but it's interesting that he says he's going to record the album in December. There are over three months between the final show of 2016 and the first show of 2017.

Let's see if this pans out.

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 01:11:23 PM »

Unless Brian uses some old tracks and knocks out the "rock and roll" oldie recordings really quickly, I would imagine it's not too likely we'd get a new album before he goes back out on the road in March of next year.

They'd have to finish recording, mix, master, get a record deal (or maybe they have an ongoing one with Capitol; I can't remember), get the thing on the release schedule, manufactured, etc. It's not impossible, but given the gestation period for most of his albums, I think going from nothing to an album in the stores in only three or four months is unlikely.

Plus, I'd imagine he might want to focus any tour behind a new album, so another PS leg might not be the place he'd want to do that anyway. I'm guessing third or fourth quarter of 2017 for any new studio album.

In the meantime, a Blu-ray of a full PS tour show would be awesome......

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 01:16:45 PM »

I read both articles and can't remember in which one BW said he'd like to record a new song with Mike Love, a good song.  Sounds like an olive branch, if not an invitation.  
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 03:47:35 PM by urbanite » Logged
lostbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 02:59:33 PM »

The only memory you can think with Dennis is snorting coke... Um oookaayy
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2016, 03:16:08 PM »

Well geez, it's not like he said it's the only thing he can remember about Dennis. I think Brian has relatively rarely even referenced that 1980-1982 dark period with Dennis. I think it's refreshingly honest that despite obviously disavowing drugs he's honest in saying he fondly remembers those times with Dennis despite what they were doing.

I'm guessing it's referenced in his book, and the stuff he put in the book might be what comes to mind in doing these interviews to promote the book.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
MikestheGreatest!!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 03:39:53 PM »

Unless Brian uses some old tracks and knocks out the "rock and roll" oldie recordings really quickly, I would imagine it's not too likely we'd get a new album before he goes back out on the road in March of next year.

They'd have to finish recording, mix, master, get a record deal (or maybe they have an ongoing one with Capitol; I can't remember), get the thing on the release schedule, manufactured, etc. It's not impossible, but given the gestation period for most of his albums, I think going from nothing to an album in the stores in only three or four months is unlikely.

Plus, I'd imagine he might want to focus any tour behind a new album, so another PS leg might not be the place he'd want to do that anyway. I'm guessing third or fourth quarter of 2017 for any new studio album.

In the meantime, a Blu-ray of a full PS tour show would be awesome......

I think if he actually does this album, he should use the quick and dirty route.  Its just rock and roll, and I think he needs to record something kinda rough sounding, more in the vein of Love You in having that spontaneous "just knocked it off in an hour or so" type of feel.

I'm not really sure, but I don't think a BW album is much of a money making proposition anymore anyway, so he should just knock it out, have fun with it, be spontaneous and maybe we will get a minor gem out of it.  I actually liked the last studio effort, but he needs to do something different for the next one.  This approach would likely garner more attention for him.
Rick5150
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2016, 02:44:50 AM »

How would you go about mending fences?
Well, by producing a few records for him and making sure that he gets a good song to sing.

Haha, I love the implication of this one. Mike should get a good song to sing - instead of the songs he writes himself. (*cough* Pisces Brothers *cough*).
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2016, 07:46:13 AM »

How would you go about mending fences?
Well, by producing a few records for him and making sure that he gets a good song to sing.

Haha, I love the implication of this one. Mike should get a good song to sing - instead of the songs he writes himself. (*cough* Pisces Brothers *cough*).

Or the mega influential, game changing, all stops pulled out "Wrinkles".  Shocked

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2016, 04:04:57 PM »

Great interview. ..I had no idea he only quit drinking in 2013.

Well, the Jason Fine Rolling Stone article on the 2012 reunion tour has an anecdote about Brian and Mike drinking a couple of beers at a steakhouse after show on that tour

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx