gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:06:53 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson - 2017 Tour Thread (Pet Sounds - The Final Performances)  (Read 161333 times)
Scaroline No
« Reply #200 on: March 19, 2017, 03:34:13 PM »

I'm glad they changed up the deep tracks for this part of the tour, hopefully Feel Flows wasn't just a one time thing and it will be there for the rest of the tour.
You said it. Got myself a third row seat at the Winnipeg show on Easter weekend... the countdown is on!
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 19, 2017, 04:59:06 PM »

Well i doubt it was an one off thing for FEEL FLOWS.. It was very well rehearsed and Blondie played 2 short guitar solo"s .. one in middle and one at the end.. Blondie was into the song and BW announced they were playing this song for CW.. Background vocals were AWESOME.. Blondie was also onstage for all of the encore.. A fine show.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 19, 2017, 05:02:27 PM »

Hell yes!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 19, 2017, 06:57:35 PM »

OMG!! Does anyone have this captured?? PLEASE SHARE with us.  Shocked

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 20, 2017, 05:10:13 AM »

Feel Flows by Blondie? wait guyz dont bother it probably suks:

"I cannot even begin to imagine how unspeakably awful that must have been..."

I love this fandom LOL THE Blondie Chaplin takes a shot at the classic 'Feel Flows' and that's apparently fair to criticize without actually listening to it, but commenting on Mike using the legendary Beach Boys to play a fuckin rodeo is off limits.

☑️Criticism for Brian's band doing something actually cool and different...
❌Criticism for Mike playing in a literal ring of bullshit...

Gotcha.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 05:10:46 AM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 20, 2017, 05:12:59 AM »

Who wrote that quote?Huh
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 05:18:14 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 20, 2017, 05:33:21 AM »

Who wrote that quote?Huh

A self proclaimed historian and fact checker lol.

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: March 20, 2017, 06:28:59 AM »

Awesome to see some setlist changes/additions. I also wonder if, at later shows, that first set might be a little longer. Usually the first set goes 15-16 songs instead of 12. But very cool that even with a slightly shorter first set, they added two songs rarely performed by Brian's band ("Let Him Run Wild" and "The Night Was So Young") and one never done before ("Feel Flows").

Hopefully they'll keep these in the setlist. But, just as a caveat to those who might buy a ticket to a future show on the tour based on these songs, last year's setlist trend was to sometimes drop one of Blondie's three songs at shorter shows, and the "rarities" like "Funky Pretty" and "Honkin' Down the Highway" did drop off relatively soon into the tour. So it's hard to know if these songs will survive.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: March 20, 2017, 06:36:44 AM »

Who wrote that quote?Huh

The only good thing that comes from that lamentable, uninformed (he hasn't even heard it!) comment about "Feel Flows" on another board is that at least the bias and the lengths apparently gone to in order to bash his "team's" perceived rival is now painfully obvious. How often has that same guy criticizing Blondie gone after Bruce for croaking his way through his one song per month? Or gone after Mike for shredding his voice because he refuses to *not* tour for even six months?

But Jeff Foskett sang "Surf's Up" in London next to the guy that dumped Brian and Al, and that's just mind-blowingly amazing!

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 20, 2017, 07:01:52 AM »

Who wrote that quote?Huh

The only good thing that comes from that lamentable, uninformed (he hasn't even heard it!) comment about "Feel Flows" on another board is that at least the bias and the lengths apparently gone to in order to bash his "team's" perceived rival is now painfully obvious.

My thoughts exactly.

If a couple of these deep cuts are to become the norm for future shows I will definitely make it to an upcoming concert if it fits in my schedule. I'd be more than happy to hear any of those songs no matter who sung them.

MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 20, 2017, 09:04:54 AM »

The Night Was So Young! Love it!   Cool
MikestheGreatest!!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 20, 2017, 09:37:19 AM »

This "final performance" Pet Sounds Tour is starting to resemble the Who's numerous "farewell" tours!
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 21, 2017, 08:40:25 PM »

HOLY MOLY
HERE I AM WITH MY TICKET I JUST RECIEVED FOR SEATLLE
AND I WAS CROSSING FINGERS ON THE THIS THREAD FOR THE DEEP CUTS TO STAY OR CHANGED FOR OTHER COOL STUFF
BRINGING UP LOVE YOU

AND NOW WHAT?? BRIAN BRINGS THE NIGHT WAS SO YOUNG???
AND FEEL FLOWS
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 22, 2017, 02:21:43 PM »

The Indio show   was 110 minutes with no break by the way.. Also i dont consider Little Honda  a deep cut but they played that also.. BW nailed that one...  Back in the day i remember people of all ages went to BB BW shows.. little kids to senor citizens.. ..WELL.. At least in Indio which is near Palm Springs there was nothing but old people.. Now dont jump down my throat cause im old also.. BUT,,  I give off energy to the band.. (2nd row} everyone around me sat on their hands no energy at all.. When i yelled we love you Brian old fart next to me and gave me a dirty look..  Im surprised they didnt cut the concert short.. Audience was asleep at the wheel.. Crowd was about 2500 - 3000..
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 22, 2017, 03:02:38 PM »

I always thought Little Honda sounded punk somehow
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 22, 2017, 04:01:18 PM »

Still no videos has surfaced of all the new gems Brian has brought to the setlist?
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 22, 2017, 04:03:25 PM »

Still no videos has surfaced of all the new gems Brian has brought to the setlist?

On the Beach Boys Friends facebook page there's a video of Feel Flows. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/beachboysfriends/
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 22, 2017, 04:13:10 PM »

How come i don't have access to this?  Cry
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 22, 2017, 04:18:40 PM »

Looks like it's a private group.  I don't think you can share videos from facebook, otherwise I'd post it here.  Sorry.  Undecided
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 22, 2017, 06:18:00 PM »

This "final performance" Pet Sounds Tour is starting to resemble the Who's numerous "farewell" tours!

Yeah but only those from the U.K. seem to be childishly hurt by this ongoing tour. The rest of us living in adult reality are grateful that Brian is still truckin with this tour!

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 22, 2017, 06:29:35 PM »

Yeah but only those from the U.K. seem to be childishly hurt by this ongoing tour. The rest of us living in adult reality are grateful that Brian is still truckin with this tour!

w00t! w00t! w00t!       mtg-board complainant Roll Eyes

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 22, 2017, 07:26:39 PM »

At both shows I Saw last year, it was a very even spread of ages however both crowds were very bland. I'm noticing this more and more at all concerts now. Everyone is too wrapped up in filming the whole f-ing thing and not enjoying it.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: March 23, 2017, 06:55:07 AM »

Looks like it's a private group.  I don't think you can share videos from facebook, otherwise I'd post it here.  Sorry.  Undecided

Can you post the URL address for the video? Even if it's not viewable unless one is a member, there may be ways to take the URL and download the video using one of the various online video downloaders.

Even easier would be if the person who posted it on Facebook could just post it on YouTube as well.

The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 23, 2017, 08:49:06 AM »

How come i don't have access to this?  Cry

Looks like it's a private group.  I don't think you can share videos from facebook, otherwise I'd post it here.  Sorry.  Undecided

Can you post the URL address for the video? Even if it's not viewable unless one is a member, there may be ways to take the URL and download the video using one of the various online video downloaders.

Even easier would be if the person who posted it on Facebook could just post it on YouTube as well.

Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/shaun.philipps/videos/10158510561640094/

I also asked him to upload it to YouTube.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 08:51:37 AM by The Cincinnati Kid » Logged
marcella27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 23, 2017, 09:42:43 AM »

At both shows I Saw last year, it was a very even spread of ages however both crowds were very bland. I'm noticing this more and more at all concerts now. Everyone is too wrapped up in filming the whole f-ing thing and not enjoying it.

I saw quite a few shows on the 2016 leg and some audiences were really into it, especially Montreal and Toronto.  There was also a good mix of young and older people.  At the Montreal show the announcer actually asked people not to film or photograph the concert and to just enjoy it as an experience "not through the lens of an I-pad" or something like that.  That got a huge cheer. 
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 26 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx