gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:08:14 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bob Edwards Show 7/26 - good stuff!  (Read 1322 times)
voxnut
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2006, 12:26:48 PM »

Howdy!

Anyone else catch the Bob Edwards show this morning on XM? Peter Ames Carlin was the guest for the whole hour talking about Brian and the book. Good stuff! Out west it's on at 5am with a repeat at 6am and I was listening in bed before the alarm went off, so I was kind of in and out during them but I'm pretty sure I caught everything. It was very enjoyable and straightforward- lotsa good facts without playing into a sensationalism angle that happens so much when mainstream media portrays Brian in particular and the Beach Boys in general.

If Peter reads this, what's your take on donig the show? Did Bob have any real prior knowledge about Brian Wilson going into the interview and how much editing did they do? Was it straight through, or did you spend 2 hours being interviewed and they distilled it down to one? Just curious...

I'm looking for the book today- I hope it does well for you.

Dean
Peter Ames Carlin
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 03:58:37 PM »

Hey, glad you heard it. We did talk for about 80 minutes or so, and they did edit it a bit....as well they should've, I tend to meander. But Bob definitely knew a thing or two about Brian and the Beach Boys (he has a copy of the 'GV' box set in his office, his producer told me) so he seemed conversant in the whole tale. It was a good interview.
runalot
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 09:25:54 PM »

If anyone comes across this sound file online, please share! =)

The things she does to me when she makes love to me...
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx