-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:21:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  NBA 2017 Topic
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NBA 2017 Topic  (Read 172953 times)
SurfRapGrungeFiend
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2016, 05:33:22 PM »

Good ole vince carter

Any Andrew wiggins fans wants to purchase one of the 'discontinued' CAVS Wiggins jersey from 2014 i got one,
Brand new with $99 tag, preordered/purchased for $49.50 the day of the draft 2014, Wine/Burgundy colored, size XL for $40.. I have pics

Surf music, Old school rap and The Seattle Sound

DJ Paul- Hi, I'm Chucky

Danny Greene and the Celtic Club

"I have no axe to grind, but if these maggots in this so-called Mafia want to come after me, I'm over here by the Celtic Club. I'm not hard to find'
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2016, 05:57:04 AM »

Russell Westbrook and Anthony Davis, are you kidding me? Through two games...

Davis: 47.5 ppg, 16 rpg, 4 apg, 3 bpg, 52% FG, 84% FT
Westbrook: 41.5 ppg, 12.5 rpg, 9.5 apg, 1 spg

Granted their teams have been decimated by injuries or roster moves, necessitating that kind of effort. But even so, WOW. (But yes, it's two games. These things will smooth out. But they are both going to put up big numbers all season.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2016, 09:59:43 AM »

Kings trolling the Suns after their recent win LOL.....you're the Kings
https://twitter.com/SacramentoKings/status/791499503756988417/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Every wave is new until it breaks.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2016, 01:03:56 PM »

I will withhold anti-Kings sh*t-talk until after tonight. If the Wolves win, I'll double down on it. If not, well, I suspect I may be quiet.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2016, 03:37:56 PM »

Along with Pistol Pete!

Anyone ever notice how Pistol Pete's career averages are nearly identical to Kobe's...

Pts     Rebs    Assists   Steals  Blocks   FG%    3pt%     FT%
Kobe    25.0     5.2      4.7        1.4     0.5     44.7    32.9      83.7
Pistol   24.2     4.2      5.4        1.4     0.3     44.1     66.7*    82.0

*10-15 in final season

I will withhold anti-Kings sh*t-talk until after tonight. If the Wolves win, I'll double down on it. If not, well, I suspect I may be quiet.

LOL I'll spare you if KAT ends up hoisting the L. After all, I am a Knicks fan.

I'm not feeling very optimistic about tonight's game against Memphis. I noticed Zach Randolph put up 19pts 11rebs off the bench against the Wolves. Nice start for the potential sixth man. I'm a huge proponent of staggering rotations and always having one of your top 3 (if not top 2) players on the court at all times. Especially if your best players are predominately offensive players. There's only one ball after all. In regard to the Knicks, yes, I acknowledge/agree with all your points. In the end its going to come down to Hornacek (and injuries). As I've stated, I think our roster if utilized properly can be a good team, a playoff team. Admittedly, that's a huge "if" and game 1 was incredibly distressing as a result. Rose and Melo need to buy in. As far as I'm concerned, they are paid a hell of a lot of money to buy in. Meanwhile, I expect Rose to struggle fitting in for the foreseeable future. Can he and KP attempt a pick and roll tonight? That could be a dangerous combo. Also, Jennings should play much better at home tonight.

As an aside, I recently saw a Pop interview where he admitted having very little conviction when approaching Manu about coming off the bench. If Manu had objected he would have remained a starter. Pop hadn't told anyone this until the interview, which I believe occurred sometime after their last championship. Just thought that was an interesting tidbit...

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2016, 03:43:52 PM »

One major difference between Pistol and Kobe: teams' winning percentages.

Z. Randolph looked really nice against us. I'll say one thing, he seemed to like Fizdale's offense: he was chucking shots from a bit further out with glee.

B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2016, 03:48:11 PM »

No doubt. And games played.

Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2016, 02:53:28 AM »

Z. Randolph looked really nice against us. I'll say one thing, he seemed to like Fizdale's offense: he was chucking shots from a bit further out with glee.

Randolph has had a much better career than I thought he would have. He had some pretty good stats when he was in Portland, although that was during the infamous "Jail-Blazers" years, and I figured that he'd eventually do something so stupid off the court that he would get cut and never play in the league again. A lot of his issues seemed to be off the court (even before he came to MSU, there were whispers about his maturity). After getting traded a few times and ending up in Memphis, he seemed to get his act together.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2016, 06:01:13 AM »

He has by all accounts been an amazing citizen in Memphis, too. I think there's a lesson in there: we expect some kind of ideal from our pro athletes, but in reality these are spoiled kids (often from awful circumstances) who then come into tremendous wealth at a young age. It's actually surprising more of them don't go off the rails. But a lot of them grow up, and Randolph seems to be one of those.

The Wolves lost in Sacramento last night, blowing another large lead. Glad I didn't stay up to watch it. Very disappointing way to start the season, 0-2.

SurfRapGrungeFiend
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2016, 08:16:16 AM »

Cavs 3-0
didnt realize zac had immaturity issues for some reason i thought you meant demarcus cousins LOL

Theres nothing funnier to me than watching a person make millions, piss it away then come out with the sob story so us broke fans can 'relate' to pissing away in a year more money than we'll ever see in our lifetimes Roll Eyes.

DJ Paul- Hi, I'm Chucky

"I have no axe to grind, but if these maggots in this so-called Mafia want to come after me, I'm over here by the Celtic Club. I'm not hard to find'
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2016, 08:38:40 AM »

Oh yeah, Randolph was a poster boy for what was purportedly wrong with the league back in the early to mid-00s, though a lot of that was because he was on, as Verlander said, the infamous "Jailblazers" along with Rasheed Wallace, Damon Stoudamire, Bonzi Wells, Qyntel Woods, Darius Miles, Ruben Patterson. My favorite moment was somewhat magical, truly serendipitous, when they drafted Travis Outlaw. While he was by all accounts actually a really good kid, the name alone meant it simply had to be.

The reality from what I've gathered, though, is that Randolph was more just a follower as a young guy. Not especially bad, just kind of weak-willed.

SurfRapGrungeFiend
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2016, 05:36:01 PM »

Wasnt steve smith there too Huh
See your timberwolves are 0-2 but they're 5th in the league for field goal %..i cant wait for the world series to end ive barely watched any basketball just following stats..chicago and atlanta are also undefeated..in the west OKC & spurs are undefeated, man you werent kidding westbrooks playing like hes got something to prove Shocked.

DJ Paul- Hi, I'm Chucky

SurfRapGrungeFiend
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2016, 04:31:03 PM »

Since the cavs are playing houston... One of my fav. Cavs memorabilia

DJ Paul- Hi, I'm Chucky

B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2016, 04:37:23 PM »

Damn, that reminds me of this...

starts at 2:09 (only about 30 seconds long)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raEgYeYjXo4

SurfRapGrungeFiend
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 02, 2016, 04:23:38 PM »

The old raptors logo was cool, I believe the raptors wore them for their 'hardwood classics' games in 12'/13' season

DJ Paul- Hi, I'm Chucky

SurfRapGrungeFiend
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2016, 04:25:41 PM »

Cavs first loss last night 6-1 ATL looked good shroeder & bazemore played well and dwight howard showing signs again

DJ Paul- Hi, I'm Chucky

SurfRapGrungeFiend
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2016, 03:12:42 PM »

Cavs at wizards and john walls playing should be a good game

DJ Paul- Hi, I'm Chucky

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2016, 03:15:02 PM »

Something of an unofficial NCAA kickoff tonight, with ESPN hosting a great doubleheader: Michigan State v Arizona and Indiana v Kansas. These are all Top 12 teams. We've got great freshmen on all of these teams, as well as some really good returning players. It's a shame that the talented wing Terrence Ferguson decided to play professionally in Australia rather than attend Arizona, as he may have been among the top wings--to say nothing of top freshmen--in the country. But this is a great couple of games.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2016, 03:16:29 PM »

Cavs at wizards and john walls playing should be a good game

Wizards just can't seem to get it together. Two years ago they seemed to be on the rise, but they just haven't held it together. Lots of injuries, suspect coaching, questionable roster management... I feel bad for the people of WDC. (Said the guy in Minneapolis...)

SurfRapGrungeFiend
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2016, 07:15:00 PM »

John wall played well, first half was kinda boring second half was good

DJ Paul- Hi, I'm Chucky

Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2016, 03:37:29 AM »

Something of an unofficial NCAA kickoff tonight, with ESPN hosting a great doubleheader: Michigan State v Arizona and Indiana v Kansas. These are all Top 12 teams. We've got great freshmen on all of these teams, as well as some really good returning players. It's a shame that the talented wing Terrence Ferguson decided to play professionally in Australia rather than attend Arizona, as he may have been among the top wings--to say nothing of top freshmen--in the country. But this is a great couple of games.

MSU forgot to play defense on the last play of the game. Having said that, by the time the middle to the end of the Big 10 season winds down, these guys are gonna be GOOD. Miles Bridges is already a stud. The one thing that may bite them is that they've got no big man; both bigs they were counting on are hurt, and who knows when they'll be back.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 12, 2016, 03:52:12 AM »

Miles Bridges, wow. Enjoy him this year; next year he'll be in the NBA.

SurfRapGrungeFiend
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2016, 06:12:56 PM »

How are the pelicans 1-9?

DJ Paul- Hi, I'm Chucky

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2016, 04:08:01 AM »

By having an NBA superstar surrounded by fringe guys. Jrue Holiday's absence and tyreke evans' injury don't help. When your starting backcourt is Tim Frazier and E'Twaun Moore...

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 15, 2016, 03:57:42 PM »

Couple of great NCAA games tonight (Yes, I'm still using this thread for college. Such is life.), with Kentucky v Michigan State and Duke v Kansas. Should be phenomenal: there are almost certainly 20-25 future NBA players on these rosters. And without question there are more than that who will be future professionals at some level or in some league.

In the NBA, the Wolves host the Hornets. (I only just got used to saying Bobcats, and they're Hornets. Damn name changes.) Kemba Walker is playing at an all-star level, so it will be interesting to see whether and how we can keep him in check. I'll also be curious to see whether Wiggins keeps his hot streak going, as he had 47 the other night against LAL. Hopefully some of the guys who sat that game--Zach LaVine, Baz Muhammad, Brandon Rush--are playing. We're not winning without them. (Especially LaVine, who has really taken another leap.) I'm also hopeful that KAT exploits the relative weakness in the middle for Charlotte. Zeller, Hawes, etc., should get wrecked.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: