-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2018, 01:52:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  What are you watching now?/Favourite Movie of the Moment
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What are you watching now?/Favourite Movie of the Moment  (Read 88323 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna join?

View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: October 02, 2018, 10:09:01 AM »

Some people in movie discussions elsewhere stated that Tim Robbins shone just in single film, "in dat Stephen King movie". Is it true? Will you agree/ disagree with it?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Frightful Bulldog Wrinkly Mug Club's Band

Fabulous people can be divided into 3 categories - cat fans, dog fans, people fans. Just people can be divided into 3 categories - people fans, dog fans, cat fans.
KDS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: October 02, 2018, 10:14:09 AM »

Some people in movie discussions elsewhere stated that Tim Robbins shone just in single film, "in dat Stephen King movie". Is it true? Will you agree/ disagree with it?

I thought Tim Robbins was great in Bull Durham and Jacob's Ladder also.   So, I can't agree that he only shone in one single film.   

Any opinions posted by me regarding the music of The Beach Boys, and their members, is in no way a show of disrespect towards any member of The Beach Boys, past or present.

"There is no right nor wrong in art, only preference." - Steve Desper
B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: October 02, 2018, 12:21:28 PM »

I thought Tim Robbins was great in Bull Durham and Jacob's Ladder also.   So, I can't agree that he only shone in one single film.   

I'm a big fan of Tim Robbins' role in War of the Worlds (2005). I don't want to spoil it, but I thought the whole section of that movie where Tim Robbins takes in Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning was really well done. There's even a prominent Beach Boys reference.
KDS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: October 02, 2018, 12:23:41 PM »

I'm a big fan of Tim Robbins' role in War of the Worlds (2005). I don't want to spoil it, but I thought the whole section of that movie where Tim Robbins takes in Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning was really well done. There's even a prominent Beach Boys reference.

I completely forgot about that.   That movie sort of got flogged because of Cruise, but I thought it was a really good movie

Any opinions posted by me regarding the music of The Beach Boys, and their members, is in no way a show of disrespect towards any member of The Beach Boys, past or present.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: October 02, 2018, 03:37:04 PM »

Next pair - Tim Daly or Ron Perlman? Choose & explain choice.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Fabulous people can be divided into 3 categories - cat fans, dog fans, people fans. Just people can be divided into 3 categories - people fans, dog fans, cat fans.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: October 03, 2018, 06:04:04 AM »

I'd like to ask KDS - do you not see the question? Can't you click Sandbox to check new reply in Movies? It's like if you don't see it in the main Smiley page, Info Center, you quickly assume no new replies.

Anyhoo, to answer question - easily Ron Perlman. He plays villains really well. F.ex. "Desperation". Tim Daly isn't very interesting acting-wise.
Well? Your turn, KDS.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 06:05:08 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

KDS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: October 03, 2018, 09:19:58 AM »

I'd like to ask KDS - do you not see the question? Can't you click Sandbox to check new reply in Movies? It's like if you don't see it in the main Smiley page, Info Center, you quickly assume no new replies.

Anyhoo, to answer question - easily Ron Perlman. He plays villains really well. F.ex. "Desperation". Tim Daly isn't very interesting acting-wise.
Well? Your turn, KDS.

I didn't get into Smiley Smile until just now.   I'd appreciate your not assuming my internet habits.   I apologize if I didn't recognize the urgency of your question.   

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: October 03, 2018, 11:21:23 AM »

For some reason, people nearly everytime get annoyed by this inoffensive question. I'll never know why...

Anyway, back to movie discussion - who you choose - Tim Daly or Ron Perlman? Explain the choice. I think it's fun to pit 2 actors against each other. Kinda like that tournament game at PS when 2 songs get pittied (pitted?) against.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: October 08, 2018, 02:03:19 PM »

Recently seen "Rear Window" in DVD. It brought back its discussions in Imdb threads. Many casually called James Stewart "Jimmy", "Jim". Why? There isn't any actor I'd seen whose name would be commonly shortened by people (save when actor's short/ endearing name is used officially). I'd like to know why exactly James gets such special treatment when there's many actors people praise, f.ex. Paul Newman, yet you don't see people famously calling him "Paulie", Montgomery Clift - "Montgo", James Dean - Jim, Richard Dreyfuss - Rich, Diane Keaton - D, Robert Redford - Robbie etc. Can anybody answer the question?

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: October 11, 2018, 05:00:20 PM »

"Mouchette", 1967 b&w French film showed today in local Culture channel which Jim Jarmusch cited in amongst his numerous favorites. About girl living in poor fam, teased at school due to poor dress & various things like this. 3.5/5, maybe 4.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: