-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 08:05:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  This Board
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This Board  (Read 49391 times)
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 29, 2016, 11:08:45 AM »

I took the idea from a wrestling blog I go to, where "Chris Benoit" has been filtered to "Voldemort" since 2007. I didn't get the joke until I actually saw the Harry Potter movies a couple of years ago (yes, I'm late)

You're earlier than me. I don't plan to see them, period.

We took a trip on an old steam train in Scotland last year. Apparently it passed through an area where they filmed Harry Potter stuff. At one point there was an announcement: "Soon we will be passing an island that was Dumbledore's last resting place!" Fair play. Fabulous scenery though...

I'm with you there.  No interest at all. 

You really should try the novels. They were really, REALLY good.  Easily the equal of the Hobbit series or the Chronicles of Narnia.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
KDS
« Reply #176 on: December 29, 2016, 11:12:01 AM »

I took the idea from a wrestling blog I go to, where "Chris Benoit" has been filtered to "Voldemort" since 2007. I didn't get the joke until I actually saw the Harry Potter movies a couple of years ago (yes, I'm late)

We took a trip on an old steam train in Scotland last year. Apparently it passed through an area where they filmed Harry Potter stuff. At one point there was an announcement: "Soon we will be passing an island that was Dumbledore's last resting place!" Fair play. Fabulous scenery though...

You really should try the novels. They were really, REALLY good.  Easily the equal of the Hobbit series or the Chronicles of Narnia.

I've never really been into any of that fantasy themed stuff....which is odd because I love the music of Ronnie James Dio
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 29, 2016, 11:13:30 AM »

I have no great love for the franchise, but imho the "Prisoner of Azkaban" movie is a masterpiece, thanks to the director, the great Alfonso Cuaron, and the supporting actors: Alan Rickman ( Cry) )as Severus Snape, Gary Oldman as Sirius Black, and David Thewlis as Professor Lupin are unforgettable.

That is also because POA was the best novel in the series. In almost every case, the book is better than the movie. But that particular scene that you are referring to with Rickman, Oldman, and Thewlis justifies the entire movie franchise.

Adds some 🎼 to your day
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 29, 2016, 11:18:34 AM »

I've never really been into any of that fantasy themed stuff....which is odd because I love the music of Ronnie James Dio

There is enough light heartedness in the Potter books to keep the stories from getting ponderous. But at the same time, each book gets progressively darker with Deathly Hallows being the darkest. So much so that when a character does crack wise, you laugh because it's just so cathartic.

Adds some 🎼 to your day
KDS
« Reply #179 on: December 29, 2016, 11:37:19 AM »

There is enough light heartedness in the Potter books to keep the stories from getting ponderous. But at the same time, each book gets progressively darker with Deathly Hallows being the darkest. So much so that when a character does crack wise, you laugh because it's just so cathartic.

Gotcha.  Just the whole wizard thing isn't really up my alley.  Most of my reading lately had been autobiographies.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 29, 2016, 01:48:15 PM »

Me too. I'm reading Graham Nash's book right now. Very interesting read.  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: December 29, 2016, 08:28:33 PM »

I'm gonna do a song called Frigid Intellectual Housecat. LOL

Look forward to that. Grin

Perhaps you can get Marianne to rap on it. About cat.
Ha! For smb. who can't sing good - cue Mo Tucker in "After hours" - rap would be fitting, yes. Tongue

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
KDS
« Reply #182 on: December 30, 2016, 05:18:11 AM »

I'm between books right now.  I still have Lita Ford's and Paul Stanley's to read, and I just got Sebastian Bach's for Christmas. 
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 30, 2016, 03:15:51 PM »

I'm between books right now.  I still have Lita Ford's and Paul Stanley's to read, and I just got Sebastian Bach's for Christmas. 
I just bought Joe Perry's  book today, for only $4.00.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 30, 2016, 11:16:49 PM »

I just started Bruce Springsteen's book.  I've been putting it off for a while because it's a long one but now the audio edition is available too and hearing Bruce tell his own story is pretty cool.

KDS
« Reply #185 on: January 03, 2017, 10:17:08 AM »

I just started Bruce Springsteen's book.  I've been putting it off for a while because it's a long one but now the audio edition is available too and hearing Bruce tell his own story is pretty cool.

I haven't decided if I'm going to read that one yet.  I'm a big fan of his 70s material, but not much after Born in the USA does much for me.  I thought The Rising was decent for what it was, but I didn't think it was the return to glory a lot of people made it out to be.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: