-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:58:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  person on this board would you most like to meet for a day
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: person on this board would you most like to meet for a day  (Read 39383 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2016, 11:10:09 AM »

Besides the obvious (Debbie, Ray, the rest of our honored guests) for me it's gotta be Jay aka Ognir Rrats. Been talking to him for many years

Billy - I had the flu (still do) when I did my post - I knew I was leaving out one of the main people - Billy!  But you have to bring your daughter. 

I was leaving out all the people I'd met, but then I mentioned Stephen Desper.  I was leaving out a lot of my phone friends, but not all.  My post was a mess!

Anyway, it would be a fun party.  I'm thinking the New Orleans BW PS gig?

Hope you feel better soon! I was under the weather for a few days, but some ginger tea cleared it up quickly

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2016, 12:35:13 PM »

That's the problem with mentioning names. Other names then start coming to mind and guilt sets in (the way it does). So----let the convention happen!  Beer

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2016, 12:42:12 PM »

That's the problem with mentioning names. Other names then start coming to mind and guilt sets in (the way it does). So----let the convention happen!  Beer

Good call...
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2016, 12:50:22 PM »

Besides the obvious (Debbie, Ray, the rest of our honored guests) for me it's gotta be Jay aka Ognir Rrats. Been talking to him for many years

Billy - I had the flu (still do) when I did my post - I knew I was leaving out one of the main people - Billy!  But you have to bring your daughter. 

I was leaving out all the people I'd met, but then I mentioned Stephen Desper.  I was leaving out a lot of my phone friends, but not all.  My post was a mess!

Anyway, it would be a fun party.  I'm thinking the New Orleans BW PS gig?

Hope you feel better soon! I was under the weather for a few days, but some ginger tea cleared it up quickly

Billy, I'm thinking that you could make it to NOLA fairly easily, and we could convince RRA1 (and other international travelers) that this place is worth a trip from Russia - seriously!  There is no other place quite like it anywhere - a bit of France, Cajun, Voodoo, USofA, Italian Immigrants, German Immigrants - it's weirdly beautiful, it knows how to party every day, and the music and food are superb.  I'm thinking a week there, or checking out a US entry point city would really be worth the trip.  Whaddya' think RRA1 and others?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2016, 01:01:30 PM »

Would love to...I gotta wait until I get some vacation time at work (had to use it all when I was on medical leave), but man that would be ace. Haven't been to New Orleans since my mom passed some 15 years ago (that's where she lived) and I remember the food was outstanding.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2016, 01:34:35 PM »

Wow, a BW meetup in New Orleans!
The end of March has somewhat "cooler" weather, and everything should still be blooming.
One caveat - just heard a commercial on a local radio station about this concert, so I'm anticipating the tickets going very quickly.
The presale starts tomorrow - is a code needed? Have never attempted to get tickets via presale before.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2016, 01:42:49 PM »

These were my thoughts. If I named names, I'd leave someone really good out, so I avoided that except BW, DKL and S Desper.

So, I think we'd need to plan waaaay in advance because of vacation time, travel arrangements, etc. but if anyone's actually interested, maybe we should start a list of where people live (I could compile it via PMs if people aren't comfortable publishing their locations, or we could just do it on a thread) and then once that's clear, start discussing locations (based on what I expect to be a globalness, it may end up being two places.)

Thoughts?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2016, 01:48:19 PM »

Houston, TX (but you knew that already Wink  )

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2016, 02:54:48 PM »

Okay that settles it, reliant stadium!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2016, 03:04:34 PM »

Follow the trail of tears! LOL

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2016, 12:17:54 AM »

Here's 2 threads where people wrote down where they live, very comfortably, check them out:

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,18099.0.html
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,3775.0.html
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 05:00:06 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2016, 01:50:54 AM »

So what began as a "just imagine" topic has since moved into the realms of real time. Which throws other more practical aspects into the mix----the opportunity, the money, the geographical distance, even the inclination...

It's possible that some folks, given the opportunity (to say nothing of the money) to travel, say, to the States, would have had another long-cherished wish on their list for years, maybe decades, that would quite simply come first.

Don't want to burst no bubbles (no pun intended). Just saying...

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2016, 07:33:50 AM »

Keeping ^that^ in mind, I'd  choose a day with Domenic Priore (did he ever post here?) and Bill Tobelman - remember them? For a grand guided siteseeing tour of all the SMiLE hotspots now 50 years after! Maybe they wouldn't see eye to eye on all issues. but that's part of the fascination-  Followed by an anniversary SMiLE convention attended by a host of SMiLE buffs & brass!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 04:36:30 AM by >PapaLaPap< » Logged

Comics/cartooniés
(Fun Fun FUNniés)/Graphic NOVELties
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2016, 09:35:28 AM »

Yes, I remember Bill Tobelman. His take on Smile was (is) very original and interesting.
Hey, he has a very nice site!

http://www.goodhumorsmile.com/
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 09:41:53 AM by thorgil » Logged

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2016, 09:44:29 AM »

Agreed about Bill Tobelman. I'm so glad he got credit in the Smile Sessions set. I know some people who used to post here didn't think much of his theories on Smile, but I know a lot of us enjoyed reading those ideas.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2016, 10:11:29 AM »

I miss him and earcandy's photoshop parodies.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2016, 01:07:25 PM »

Here's 2 threads where people wrote down where they live, very comfortably, check them out:

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,18099.0.html
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,3775.0.html

And what makes you think they're living very comfortably? Grin
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 04:58:49 AM by JK » Logged

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2016, 02:29:45 PM »

So what began as a "just imagine" topic has since moved into the realms of real time. Which throws other more practical aspects into the mix----the opportunity, the money, the geographical distance, even the inclination...

It's possible that some folks, given the opportunity (to say nothing of the money) to travel, say, to the States, would have had another long-cherished wish on their list for years, maybe decades, that would quite simply come first.

Don't want to burst no bubbles (no pun intended). Just saying...
Not unexpected. People were talking about it, and I thought that if they were serious, I might as well create an organizing structure, but you're quite right - people have limited time and money and have priorities that rank above meeting people from a message board. My far-flung family absorbs my own vacation time.

I'm sorry if moving to the practical killed the previously fun thread!
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2016, 12:36:29 PM »

Agreed about Bill Tobelman. I'm so glad he got credit in the Smile Sessions set. I know some people who used to post here didn't think much of his theories on Smile, but I know a lot of us enjoyed reading those ideas.

I loved that Bill used to piss AGD off without even trying!

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2016, 12:39:06 PM »

Keeping ^that^ in mind, I'd  choose a day with Domenic Priore (did he ever post here?) and Bill Tobelman - remember them? For a grand guided siteseeing tour of all the SMiLE hotspots now 50 years after! Maybe they wouldn't see eye to eye on all issues. but that's part of the fascination-  Followed by an anniversary SMiLE convention attended by a host of SMiLE buffs & brass!
Closer to home, I'd like to meet my pal-pal: john k in Sussex (his old home turf) for a pint and what not! For starters,  I suggest a full english breakfast (preferably organic - yes I'm also that kind of bloke, NOT fanatical, mind!). I know a place for that RIGHT on the East/West Sussex border! After noon we'd take a traditional sunday roast- And later enjoy an afternoon cream tea, served with hot scones.  As a night treat, why not enjoy a slice of blue cheese with all the trimmin's before we bid farewell! What happens between meals? I'd leave that up to jk!

I have hung out with Domenic and he is every bit as opinionated in person as he was in print. Plus the guy  wears his passions on his sleeve, which is a good thing.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2016, 12:41:19 PM »

We need Bill Tobelman back!

Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2016, 02:38:22 PM »

Stephen W. Desper
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2018, 02:50:03 AM »

Nobody. That said, of people mentioned, Bill Tobelman indeed. Maybe Newguy562, to add banned. & Lillie/musicismylife101, to add member who went/ quit posting. Nice girl.
If not them, see the "Nobody" bit. With/ without me, such meeting wouldn't make even tiniest difference, I wouldn't add any extra fun to the other people's fun, friendly personalities.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2018, 10:53:06 AM »

Nobody. That said, of people mentioned, Bill Tobelman indeed. Maybe Newguy562, to add banned. & Lillie/musicismylife101, to add member who went/ quit posting. Nice girl.
If not them, see the "Nobody" bit. With/ without me, such meeting wouldn't make even tiniest difference, I wouldn't add any extra fun to the other people's fun, friendly personalities.

Regrettably the person on this board I would most like to meet for a day was kicked off it. So I agree with you, RR. Wink

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2018, 02:44:49 PM »

Who is it - Hank Briarstem? I rmbr you liked this poster. But he or she wasn't banned. Let's compile list of jk's fave banned posters Evil

Supermetroid/ Mujan (hey looks like I may've inadvertently bingoed about SM police)
Disney Boy/ tompromisedroad
Agd
Mikie
Cam Mott?
filledeplage?
kittykat & mike's beard leave out as you either didn't care or despise these (esp. rmbr you dislike MB)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 09:12:06 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: