-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:35:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  person on this board would you most like to meet for a day
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: person on this board would you most like to meet for a day  (Read 39390 times)
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2016, 05:55:50 PM »

Lets have a convention! Cool

That would be fun! Maybe someone can pin everyone on a map and find the location that would require the least total travel!

« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 06:04:31 PM by Emily » Logged
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2016, 06:05:49 PM »

Definitely S-fucking-B. We can have our Mike back and forths for real, bruh.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2016, 06:11:44 PM »

Let's have a debate with podiums and sh*t! Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2016, 06:13:09 PM »

Look, I told you. I LIKE Van Dyke Parks. He's a NICE PERSON. Just note YUGE like the Beach Boys. Smiley

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2016, 06:14:02 PM »

LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2016, 06:32:29 PM »

Lets have a convention! Cool

w00t! w00t! w00t!

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2016, 06:50:08 PM »

We can call it Beach Boys Stomp!

Oh wait...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2016, 06:50:49 PM »

Fear to stomp Wink

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2016, 06:58:29 PM »

LOL

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2016, 07:00:11 PM »

LOL

SB obviously you're included too Cool

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2016, 07:06:34 PM »

Three amigos with jay and Billy! Cool

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2016, 07:35:37 PM »

Yup. Oh, and I am moving this to the Sandbox since it isn't on topic but no worries Wink

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2016, 08:02:47 PM »

Its a sandbox thang! Razz

undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2016, 08:24:25 PM »

I agree id hang out with anyone here for a day....
really anyone that can stomach rap,grunge,heavy metal mixed with all the great music of the 50s & 60s id be glad to meet ya
I'd be ok with the things I didn't strike out. I know you're a newer member, but your posts in the General Music Discussion subforum have been appreciated Smiley.

But really, if you guys ever have the chance to meet up with a fellow member, do it.

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2016, 08:26:51 PM »

really anyone that can stomach rap,grunge,heavy metal mixed with all the great music of the 50s & 60s id be glad to meet ya
I'd be ok with the things I didn't strike out. I know you're a newer member, but your posts in the General Music Discussion subforum have been appreciated Smiley.

But really, if you guys ever have the chance to meet up with a fellow member, do it.

Oddly enough, I'm okay with all the genres mentioned...aside from the 50s LOL

undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2016, 09:05:28 PM »

Oddly enough, I'm okay with all the genres mentioned...aside from the 50s LOL
I hail from the city that propelled grunge into popularity, yet I still can't get into it. To each his/her own, though! Smiley

That's sort of a cool thing about meeting up with board members: we all have some overlaps in music tastes, but we also listen to stuff that no one else listens to. So it's a great way of exposing each other to new artists.

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2016, 01:07:18 AM »

I hope one of the ladies picks me (in your dreams, john k) but right now I would like to spend a day with unreleased backgrounds. We could discuss music and drink beer. And then I could ask what on earth induced him to change his name, avatar and signature to please delete my account. LOL        
aw darn, no love for undercoverm?

You guys might be talking about members you'd like to hang out with, but I've recently spent an entire February's worth of time with Bubbly Waves.

He's the only one I've met in person. I'd probably enjoy a day with john k or the captain, too.

Yeah, sorry, M. Chronic lack of self-confidence on my part, I'm afraid. I'm hopeless at one-to-one stuff in real time.

But the little group you mention (you, Bubs and the captain) would be a real treat. I'll bring the Merlot red. Grin

Or the whole bang shoot at a convention (there are so many others I'd be fascinated to meet, not least feelsflow and RR). That would be very cool as well.

As for this topic being moved to the Sandbox: of course----it's where it belongs. But DonnyL and c-man would never have posted in it if it hadn't started life where it did.  
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 04:53:47 AM by john k » Logged

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2016, 03:34:26 AM »

In any case, a great feel-good thread, thanks wilsonart1 for starting it. About my "OSD" response: I decided on a half-joke (half because I'd really like to meet the Legendary OSD!), because my real answer would have included many people, starting rather obviously from Debbie and Ray.
About meeting Brian himself... I confess feeling unworthy. I'd be even more transfixed than when I met the living legend of celtic music, Alan Stivell.

P.S.
And this thread confirms my theory that the board is healthier and friendlier than ever! Smiley
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 03:38:58 AM by thorgil » Logged

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2016, 06:30:13 AM »

Thanks Thorgil! I've had the pleasure of meeting Brian, Carl, Dennis, Al, Ray, Melinda, Smile F*cking Brian, Rab, Empire of Love, and Craig and would certainly enjoy meeting all of you as most of us appear to be on the "same page".  group hug

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2016, 06:52:41 AM »

I. Spaceman, Bean Bag, thomasogg, summerinparadise.flac, RobMac, vintagemusic, ghost, nobody, Denni/sherryluvsbrian... I kid.  LOL LOL
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 05:01:44 AM by Alex » Logged

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2016, 07:40:30 AM »

Well, the question is "for a day". To travel big distance to meet anybody from Smiley for just a day, then go back - nope, can't see doing this. That said, would like to meet Al in Big Sur (he doesn't post but "Matt J" does).

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2016, 07:43:36 AM »

Well, the question is "for a day". To travel big distance to meet anybody from Smiley for just a day, then go back - nope, can't see doing this. That said, would like to meet Al in Big Sur (he doesn't post but "Matt J" does).

No wonder a number of posters would genuinely like to meet you. :=)

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2016, 10:48:11 AM »

Besides the obvious (Debbie, Ray, the rest of our honored guests) for me it's gotta be Jay aka Ognir Rrats. Been talking to him for many years

Billy - I had the flu (still do) when I did my post - I knew I was leaving out one of the main people - Billy!  But you have to bring your daughter. 

I was leaving out all the people I'd met, but then I mentioned Stephen Desper.  I was leaving out a lot of my phone friends, but not all.  My post was a mess!

Anyway, it would be a fun party.  I'm thinking the New Orleans BW PS gig?
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2016, 10:52:05 AM »

I would be curious to meet any of the active members of the board, for a variety of reasons.
Obviously, there's Brian Wilson himself. That would be number one. Though I guess he doesn't qualify as an active member.
There are those that have "inside knowledge". Of those, I would love most to spend some time with Debbie KL, not only because of her BB knowledge but because I think she seems like a someone I'd be very interested in as a conversationalist in general.
The next person with "inside knowledge" I'd like to meet would be Stephen Desper - he's worked closely with all the Beach Boys and knows the recording side of things, not just the personalities; he's very forthcoming and seems like a nice guy.
But I'd also really like to meet a number of other people: a lot of the threads in the sandbox and "other music" reveal people with a wide variety of interests from whom I could learn a lot. There's a lot of humor here. And a lot of intelligence. And a lot of talent.
Honestly, anyone in this thread would be someone I'd be glad to spend a day with.

Emily - you're also someone on my "short list," too.  I feel like I know you already, but I really want to spend time with you and Maggie!
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2016, 10:53:29 AM »

We can call it Beach Boys Stomp!

Oh wait...

LOL
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: