-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:22:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  person on this board would you most like to meet for a day
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: person on this board would you most like to meet for a day  (Read 39384 times)
wilsonart1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2016, 04:56:11 AM »

Mine is Emily!
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 05:17:23 AM »

The Legendary OSD, of course! Smiley

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
bb4ever
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 06:46:16 AM »

Debbie KL......she not only has first-hand experience with the Beach Boys, she also has a very honest and balanced way of conveying her thoughts.  Often the voice of reason in some heated exchanges!   I could pick her brain for hours  Smiley
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 07:36:58 AM »

BrianWilson2015, duh

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 08:09:29 AM »

Debbie KL......she not only has first-hand experience with the Beach Boys, she also has a very honest and balanced way of conveying her thoughts.  Often the voice of reason in some heated exchanges!   I could pick her brain for hours  Smiley

I'll happily second that emotion! Hope we get to cross paths someday.  Smiley

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 08:32:44 AM »

Stephen Desper. The Stephen Desper thread in the 'Honored Guests' sub-forum is the greatest section on any music related forum. He delves into topics, takes the time to answer questions with detailed responses. I can imagine just sitting down for a lunch with him would be an experience not easily forgotten.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 08:41:12 AM »

I want OSD to meet Mike Love for lunch! Evil

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 09:18:51 AM »

Craig (guitarfool), Craig (C-Man), aeijtzsche, Emily, Range Rover ... I wouldn't kick any of you folks on this board out of a bar I was drinking in!

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 09:52:13 AM »

Anybody but that tool who wanted to kill us all! Shocked
HeroesandVillains
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 09:55:52 AM »

Scott because his mixes are rad
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 10:18:19 AM »

None of the Big Names. Being by nature hopelessly shy and retiring (in more ways than one) I would not know how to cope with them----unless they were paying, of course.

I hope one of the ladies picks me (in your dreams, john k) but right now I would like to spend a day with unreleased backgrounds. We could discuss music and drink beer. And then I could ask what on earth induced him to change his name, avatar and signature to please delete my account. LOL         

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 10:46:06 AM »

Craig (guitarfool), Craig (C-Man), aeijtzsche, Emily, Range Rover ... I wouldn't kick any of you folks on this board out of a bar I was drinking in!

Likewise! Smiley
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 10:53:25 AM »

Do banned members count? If so, I would pick Ghost. If not, then I would want to hang with Ontor
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 11:32:18 AM »

Wow - I'd happily meet any of the people who'd like to meet me, and probably some who wouldn't   Grin

As far as banned board members, probably not.  I picture Mike's Beard or SJS lurking in a corner, creeping me out, or Cam trying to sell me a sign or worse, some of his convoluted nonsense, or FdP trying to sell me that she's a Democrat.  LOL - too exhausting.

I've had chats with certain members here, or actual visits and love them all.  Those I know by phone (you know who you are), I'd like to meet.  Craig for sure.  I'd love to see Steve Desper again after all these years - oops decades.  I'm wanting to meet Thorgil in a big way - name the place and time - anywhere on the planet.

Oh crap, I know I've left out several cool people.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2016, 12:58:28 PM »

Besides the obvious (Debbie, Ray, the rest of our honored guests) for me it's gotta be Jay aka Ognir Rrats. Been talking to him for many years

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SurfRapGrungeFiend
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2016, 02:25:53 PM »

BrianWilson2015, duh

Surf music, Old school rap and The Seattle Sound

DJ Paul- Hi, I'm Chucky

Danny Greene and the Celtic Club

"I have no axe to grind, but if these maggots in this so-called Mafia want to come after me, I'm over here by the Celtic Club. I'm not hard to find'
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2016, 02:33:43 PM »

I've always liked that Luther. After that, I wouldn't be opposed to having a drink with anyone intelligent and interesting who isn't (too big of) an asshole.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2016, 02:49:21 PM »

Scott because his mixes are rad

Thanks, that really means a lot to me! Unless you're talking about another Scott that also posts his own mixes of Beach Boys songs  Smiley

Previous jokes aside, for me, there are just so many great people to choose from! The_Beach, Stephen W. Desper, bryand, Banana, Mujan (RIP) and jackjachman are only a few members that I'd love to meet for a day!

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2016, 03:26:47 PM »

BillyC.  Grin Rock!

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
lostbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2016, 04:17:37 PM »

Jon Stebbins
Steve Desper
Alan Boyd
Mark Linett
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 04:19:19 PM by lostbeachboy » Logged
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2016, 04:23:57 PM »

I hope one of the ladies picks me (in your dreams, john k) but right now I would like to spend a day with unreleased backgrounds. We could discuss music and drink beer. And then I could ask what on earth induced him to change his name, avatar and signature to please delete my account. LOL         
aw darn, no love for undercoverm?

You guys might be talking about members you'd like to hang out with, but I've recently spent an entire February's worth of time with Bubbly Waves.

He's the only one I've met in person. I'd probably enjoy a day with john k or the captain, too.

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2016, 04:33:51 PM »

I would be curious to meet any of the active members of the board, for a variety of reasons.
Obviously, there's Brian Wilson himself. That would be number one. Though I guess he doesn't qualify as an active member.
There are those that have "inside knowledge". Of those, I would love most to spend some time with Debbie KL, not only because of her BB knowledge but because I think she seems like a someone I'd be very interested in as a conversationalist in general.
The next person with "inside knowledge" I'd like to meet would be Stephen Desper - he's worked closely with all the Beach Boys and knows the recording side of things, not just the personalities; he's very forthcoming and seems like a nice guy.
But I'd also really like to meet a number of other people: a lot of the threads in the sandbox and "other music" reveal people with a wide variety of interests from whom I could learn a lot. There's a lot of humor here. And a lot of intelligence. And a lot of talent.
Honestly, anyone in this thread would be someone I'd be glad to spend a day with.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 04:35:04 PM by Emily » Logged
SurfRapGrungeFiend
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2016, 05:22:39 PM »

I agree id hang out with anyone here for a day....
really anyone that can stomach rap,grunge,heavy metal mixed with all the great music of the 50s & 60s id be glad to meet ya

Surf music, Old school rap and The Seattle Sound

DJ Paul- Hi, I'm Chucky

Danny Greene and the Celtic Club

"I have no axe to grind, but if these maggots in this so-called Mafia want to come after me, I'm over here by the Celtic Club. I'm not hard to find'
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2016, 05:27:09 PM »

I agree with the prevailing sentiment. I think I like everyone who comments on this board at the moment, along with the dearly departed halblaineisgood. How they feel about me is surely a different story altogether!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2016, 05:30:07 PM »

Lets have a convention! Cool

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: